Tangled the series: Rapunzel'...

By Roses52

Join (Y/n), her big sister Rapunzel, and the rest of their friends as they seek adventure and unlock mysterio... More

Before Ever After part 1
Before Ever After part 2
Before Ever After part 3
Before Ever After part 4
Season 1 theme song
What the hair?!
Rapunzel's Enemy
Challenge of the Brave
The Lonely Princess
Cassandra v. Eugene
The Return of Strongbow
In Like Flynn
Great Expotations

Fitzherbert P.I.

1.6K 44 9
By Roses52

It was another ordinary day at the castle, Rapuzel was with the others as she was thinking of what she would use for her official portrait of herself being future queen. 

"Okay, guys, wait for it. How's this?" Rapunzel suggested as she posed on the floor. She had a guitar in her hand and wore a flower head band. "Hmm, too bohemian." Cassandra said. Rapunzel groans and tries another pose. She grabs a stack a books and placed them on her head. She wore a pair of glasses as she opened one book. "What about this?" She asked and Pascal copies her. (Y/n) and Brielle looked at each other and shook their heads. "Way too uptight." (Y/n) pointed out. Rapunzel tries one more time as she poses next to a statue. Cassandra and (Y/n) were about to give her another answer, but they were interrupted by Eugene. 

"Lighten up, Cass and (N/n). It's just a painting." Eugene told. "It's more than a painting, Eugene. This is the princess's royal portrait." Cassandra explains. "She's right. I mean, every one of these portraits says something about what made that particular king or queen unique." Rapunzel adds on as she views the past portraits of past kings and queens. "Trust me when I say that it's tradition. Rapunzel's gonna wanna look her best soon because The Giovanni gets here in two days, and from what I've heard and say that guys is more famous for his temper than his artwork." (Y/n) told as she walked towards her sister. 

"Oh, yeah. Your portrait is here too." Rapunzel remembered that (Y/n) has her portrait painted before. They go to the side and saw (Y/n)'s portrait. In her portrait, she was standing gracefully with her hands behind her back while holding her staff. On her left shoulder, Brielle was sitting elegantly. Eugene goes to the other side and view another portrait of a past king. "Well, look at this guy. He's not doing anything, and he seems pretty happy." Cassandra runs over to stop Eugene from messing with the portrait. "Whoa! Careful! These paintings are priceless, especially that one. That's the only known painting of Robin XI." 

"Wait. This kingdom had 11 Robins?" Rapunzel joins in. "Nope, just guy, my sister. Take a closer look and see why he's called  Robin XI." (Y/n) smiled at her sister. Rapunzel looked at the portrait and counted his fingers. "Nine, ten. Eleven fingers. That's right. I remember reading about him."

"Listen, Raps, if you're trying to find your defining activity, don't listen to this dud whose whole work history is being a two-bit hood." Cassandra told Rapunzel. Eugene laughs. "Two-bit hood? Hold the pastry! I'll have you know, Cassandra, Flynn Rider was a légende." Cassandra scoffs at him. "Key word being "was." And what is it you do now?" Eugene couldn't find the right words to Cassandra question. "I, uh... I do many things. You know, important things. So important, you wouldn't understand them. Sometimes, I don't even understand them. Tell her, Blondie and Staff Wielder." Rapunzel was deep in her thought, while (Y/n) was examining her staff. Meaning that they weren't listening. 

After Eugene left, (Y/n) was helping Rapuznel on what other ideas she could use for her portrait. They were discussing on what Rapuznel should decide but nothing stuck out yet. Before they discuss more, Eugene came in with some exciting news. He told them that he plans to join the Royal Guards. 

"You want to become a Royal Guard?" (Y/n) tilted her head. "It makes total sense, right? I tried to have a normal job, but I'm just not great with authority. Being a guard, I am the authority. Plus, I'd look great in a uniform." He stops himself when he saw the  accessories and furniture around Rapunzel and (Y/n). "What's all this?" 

Rapunzel lets out a sigh. "(Y/n) and I were having a lot of trouble picking just one interest for my portrait, and then, it hit me. I'll pose doing all of them, right? What do you think?" 

Eugene looked over at the two small animal companions. "Hmm. Pascal? Brielle?" Pascal and Brielle were disagreeing with the idea. They continued to look through the telescope that Rapunzel planned to used for her portrait. "Maybe not your best idea, but, but I've heard worse."

"Like you becoming a Royal Guard?" Cassandra suddenly appeared from the door way. She had a smirk on her face as she crossed her arms. 

Eugene began to stammer as he felt offended. "How long have you been standing there?" 

"Long enough to know you're about to make a fool of yourself. You really think you have what it takes to be a guard?" Cassandra questioned. 

"Hmm, let me think. Superior athletic ability, razor-sharp acumen, impressive stature, making guards all around the world, including Corona, look like bozos for decades. Yeah, I think I can swing it." Eugene replied. 

"You wanna know what I think?" 

"That I care what you think?" Eugene laughs. "Let me save you the trouble. I don't." 

"I bet you don't even make it through basic training." 

Eugene scoffs. "Training? What, like school? I was great in school. Easiest three days of my life. Who's the teacher anyway?" 

"My dad." Cassandra answered. Eugene was now terrified since the person who would be trading the next Royal Guards would be the Captain. 

Eugene left to go do some training to become a Royal Guard. Cassandra went out to see how he would do. She was not the only one to see Eugene train. Maximus would be there to see how his progress would be going. And from what they were seeing, the Captain would cheat so Eugene wouldn't make it in. Maximus and Cassandra were not thrilled about it though. 

Right now, (Y/n) was helping Rapunzel stacking up some books for the portrait. She placed Pascal and Brielle on top of the stack. Rapuznel put a final touch by adding a rose to a pot. 

"All right, guys , I think this is everything. Okay, we're gonna be more than ready for The Giovanni tomorrow morning." Rapunzel sighs deeply. (Y/n) observes the many objects in the room. "I think this could work out or maybe not." 

Suddenly, the pile of books was about to fall, with Pascal and Brielle on them. Rapunzel and (Y/n) caught them before they could all. Before they could settle down, more of the books began to fall and crashed into the sisters. Arianna enters the room to find her daughter on the floor from the pile crash. "Girls, is everything okay?" She asked. Rapunzel took off a bowl from her head and (Y/n) rubbed her head when a book fell on her. The sisters looked at their mother from the floor. Arianna laughs as she got an idea of what is going on. "Let me guess. Your portrait? Let me show you girls something. (Y/n), you've got an idea of what I'm going to show you both." 

Arianna leads her laughs to a dark room where she was looking for something. Finding what she was looking for, she takes the sheet off the canvas. It was a painting of her and it was not a very good one at that. Seeing the painting caused the sisters to laugh at the sight. 

Rapuznel giggles "Sorry. Mom come on. It's just..." Rapunzel couldn't find the right words. (Y/n) snorts at the painting she was viewing again. "I remember mom showing me this painting when I was having trouble with my portrait. Didn't you say it was horrible, Mom?" 

"Yes, horrible. It's horrible." Arianna laughs. "My point is, we're not always defined by the things we can do, Rapunzel, but rather by the people we are. I showed this painting to (Y/n) to help her see herself as she truly is in her own portrait. That's what your portrait should communicate." Arianna explained to her. (Y/n) had a smug look on her face as she looked at her big sister. Brielle and Pascal had the same look on their faces. Rapunzel chuckles. "I know. I know. Don't be so smug, (Y/n). That goes for you too, Pascal and Brielle." 

It was finally the day that the Giovanni was here to paint Rapunzel's official portrait. When the sisters heard that he was waiting for Rapunzel, they went to the room where he was in. Rapunzel enters inside and (Y/n) follows in. They could see the Giovanni was painting on his canvas. 

"Hey. It's about time!" The Giovanni exclaimed. "Sorry, The Giovanni, I was, um..." Rapunzel was cut off by him. "The Giovanni, he doesn't care! Now, how you wanna look?" He asked. 

"Oh, um, I thought that I would keep it simple." Rapunzel said as she poses. (Y/n) nods in agreement. She moves away so she wouldn't distract Rapunzel. 

"Huh? She gonna pose with nothing?" The Giovanni exclaims in Italian. "Don't blame The Giovanni when the painting, she's no good." 

"Oh. Okay. I definitely won't." Rapunzel frowned as she remained in her pose. When the Giovanni exclaimed in Italian, (Y/n) noticed something about his accent and his appearance. Something was off about this man. The Giovanni concentrates and is about to start the painting when Eugene suddenly opens the door, startling him. (Y/n) was cut off from her thoughts when Eugene enters the room. What's new about him is that he was able to become a Royal Guard after all.

"The Giovanni. Can I call you The? You're the best. Hey, Blondie, I see you went with the simple choice of beautiful." Eugene compliments his girlfriend. "Aw! Thank you. At least someone thinks so. Wait. What are you doing here? Cass said you had dungeon duty." Rapunzel told. 

"Oh, I do. The Cap told me to walk the block once every five minutes, but it just seemed like a waste standing there. So, I walked it twice in a row, and now, I can take a 10-minute break. Math." Eugene explains. (Y/n) walks over to him. She had a concern look on her face. "Um, Eugene. I don't think Math works like that." Eugene ruffs (Y/n)'s hair. "Oh, no, no, trust me, (N/n). I worked it all out in the old brainium." 

Giovanni grumbles. "You go now!" He pushes Eugene out as he continues to exclaim in Italian. Eugene and (Y/n) were confused on what he said. "Eugene, did you catch that?" (Y/n) asked. The Giovanni spoke Italian in a frustrated tone. "I can no concentrate." 

"Rider, where are you?" Everyone could hear the Captain's voice booming from outside the room. 

After Eugene left, The Giovanni went back to finish his painting of Rapunzel. It didn't take him long to finish. Even, (Y/n) found it very suspicious when he left in such a hurry. Rapunzel and (Y/n) went to view what Rapunzel would look like in the portrait. Their excitement was washed away when they saw the painting. The portrait was painted very poorly. As they continued to view the portrait, Eugene walks in wearing his regular clothes. 

"Hey, Blondie. Hey, Kiddo.  Portrait is done already. That's great. That was quick. How did it turn out?" Eugene asked. He looked at the horrible sight of the painting. "Holy horribleness!" 

"I don't know. I don't get it. It's just... Mmm." Rapunzel was confused on why the portrait was terrible. The painting looked like a child drew it. "I have to say it. It's terrible. It reminds me of the drawings I would do when I was four." (Y/n) blurted out. Brielle nods her head. 

"Yeah, I'd say. That is really terrible. Some world-famous artist! I could do a better... "Stared at the portrait of Robin XI, he suddenly realized something about it. He gasped and runs off. "I gotta go see the captain." 

(Y/n) wondered why Eugene suddenly ran off. She stared at the portrait and examine on what was wrong with it. Her eyes widen when she saw that the portrait showed the he had ten fingers instead of eleven. She quickly ran off to catch up with Eugene. It didn't take her long to find Eugene and she could see him taking to Cassandra. 

"...bloviating, tremendous waste of space windbag..." Cassandra was listing was Eugene was, but he stops her. "Okay, okay, can we just cut to the "but" in this sentence?" He asked. 

"But I'm guessing you didn't become a legend by not trusting your gut. So if you say something is not right,  I might believe it. Plus, if you are wrong and fall flat on your face, I'll be the first to see it." Cassandra admits her last statement on why she wants to help out. (Y/n) steps out to see them. Cassandra dn Eugene saw that she was wearing her cloaked outfit. "I'm going with you guys. Trust me, you'll need all the help you could get to retrieve that portrait back." (Y/n) said as she held her staff. Eugene smiles and nods at her. "I can work with that. Okay. Come on. I think I know where he's headed." Eugene leads the way. Shorty goes to follow them, but he stops. "Uh...Wait. What are we doing again?"

They went to grab Maximus and Fidella. All of them quickly rode into town to stop the fake Giovanni running on the pier.

"He's gonna try to catch the last ferry out of Corona." Eugene told Cassandra and (Y/n). The fake Giovanni was able to jump on the last ferry. They were able to get to the pier on time. Maximus was able to jump on the ferry with Eugene and Cassandra. They turned to see Cassandra and Fidela stops at the edge of the pier. No surprise that Shorty falls in the water.

"I'm sure that my beard can be used as a float-" Again, no surprise he sinks. "I got it." Cassandra dives in to rescue Shorty. Eugene and (Y/n) smiled at them from the ferry. " It's just the three of us, Max and Staff Wielder." Eugene hops off Maximus and readies his crossbow. (Y/n) twirls her staff and readies it. "I like it when you call me that." The three of them split up to search for the fake Giovanni. Eugene was able to turn a corner when the fake Giovanni elbows him and steals his crossbow. Eugene looks up to see the crossbow pointed at him. 

"Arrivederci, baby. It means "goodbye." He attempts to shoot Eugene, but nothing happens. The fake Giovanni was confused on why nothing happened. "Crossbow procedure number one. Always keep the safety on." Eugene told him. They heard a whistle, the fake Giovanni turned to see (Y/n) swing her staff at him. She was able to hit him and goes flying towards Maximus. Maximus kicks him away and the fake Giovanni was able to let go out the painting holder, but it bounces away the edge of the ferry. 

"On it." Eugene dives in and saves the portrait. He was able to swing back on the ferry from a rope he was holding onto. "Yeah, baby!" He joins (Y/n) and Maximus where they held the fake Giovanni from escaping. "Huh. Actually saved by one of the Captain's dumb rules. *at Max* Don't you dare tell him. The last thing I want is to see the guy get a big head." Eugene told. Suddenly, the crossbow was activated and it came close to Maximus's head. He and (Y/n) looked at Eugene disapprovingly. "You were saying?" (Y/n) had her arms crossed. Back at the docks, the Royal Guards are seen escorting the fake Giovanni away. The Captain thanked Eugene for his help and as he reward, he was given a new job. 

The next day, (Y/n), Cassandra, and Rapunzel watched Eugene training some people on how to think like a thief. It would be a better way to help catch more criminals in the kingdom. When Eugene puts on a mask to begin his first lesson, Shorty got scared and ran away screaming. Eugene chases after him to calm him down. 

"Wow! My dad has no idea what he just unleashed. Meh, all is well that ends well, I guess. Now, are you sure you didn't want the real Giovanni to paint your portrait?" Cassandra asked Rapunzel. "Yeah. I had a better idea of how I wanted it. See, a wise person once told me...''We're not always defined by the things we can do, but rather by the people we are and by those we love.'' Rapunzel explains. (Y/n) smiles ad hugs her big sister. "I'm proud of you, Rapunzel. And I'm sure Mom will like the new portrait you put out in the hall." (Y/n) was right. When Arianna was walking in the halls, she smiles at the portrait of her hugging both of her daughters that Rapunzel painted. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.9K 44
Complete! I Hear A Symphony ✔- A Varian X Reader Story As the younger sister of Rapunzel, your parents were strict. Your sister had been taken as a...
134K 4.2K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...
325 20 5
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
146K 4K 130
Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! This is a story about a young witch beco...