Work [Lams]

By General-Washington

[FLUFF ONLY ZONE! Smut is just- no] Another Lams too add to the millions out there!!! (Sorry i cant make a bo... More

Chapter uNo
Chapter dOs
Chapter tReS
Chapter CuAtRo
Chapter CiNcO
Chapter SeIs
Chapter SiEtE
Chapter OcHo
Chapter NuEvE
Chapter DiEz
Chapter OnCe
Chapter DoCe
TrEcE
CaToRcE
QuInCe
DiEcIsEiS
DiEcIsIeTe
DiEcIoChO
DiEcInUeVe
VeInTe
Not an update
VeInTiUnO
VeInTiDoS
VeInTiCuAtRo
Chapter... wait- TWENTY FIVE ALREADY?!!??!?!
VeInTiSaIs
VeInTiSiEtE
VeInTiNuEvE

VeInTiTrEs

87 5 101
By General-Washington

James came to our house three hours ago. In a neon yellow Tesla. With some shades on. And he smelled like fancy shampoo. All signs indicating that he is rich.

He managed to get me a job for a new TV series, Wings of Fire or something like that. I'd be voice acting the character named 'Starflight'. Yes, this show is an animation. Honestly, I can't wait. This will be amazing! Voice acting! And 'Wings of Fire' is about dragons, so I get to be a dragon! A super nerdy dragon too!

I also begged and begged James, and he finally got John a job on the same show. He'll be 'Turtle', so that's AMAZING! Especially because John is obsessed with turtles, so having a character named turtle is brilliant. Although, John's job only comes in at the second series of the show, so he wont be employed for a while. 

That's why I asked James again to get John another role for the meantime, and now he gets to be in a musical! It's not a Broadway thing though, it will be a movie with lots of singing. Plus, James promised us to get us a role on Quiet Place 2 after we finish these roles, which apparently wont take very long, as we just need to make the voices of the episode, the animators will animate, and then we come back for the next episode days later. We will get many breaks, lots of time to do our own thing. It's just the perfect job!

Really, it's all thanks to James. James is super rich and knows lots of other super rich people, who happen to be producers and actors.

James is a co-owner of Amazon apparently. He has a base-thing set up in Scotland, and he handles deals, shipping and such. He works directly with the owner of the business, who is like- a billionaire! Obviously, having him be my brother is a huge advantage for our careers.

Even though me and John just made a whole wad of cash from 'Love in a pandemic', James decided to donate some money to us so we could buy a new house. Honestly, I liked my small cozy home, but I couldn't refuse the money. Life was going so perfectly.

"Bye!" I yelled out my open window at James, who was leaving to go to some boring business man meeting.

Apparently he is married?! Yeah, we had a lot to catch up on. He's Pansexual and Demisexual, his significant other is Non-Binary. He's not homophobic or anything, obviously, so that makes everything better. I had at first told him John was just my roommate, until he came out to me, then I told him John was really my boyfriend. 

Even though he told me I would have been the ring-bearer if he knew I where alive, I kind of felt hurt about not knowing about his wedding. It was fine though, forgive and forget, right?

"ADIOS!" James yelled back, stepping into the drivers seat of his Tesla.

I watched James drive away down the street that was pull of potholes, which where flooded with melted snow. I winced as his tire when right through a huge one. Poor car. 

"Sooo what do you wanna do?" John asked.

"I dunno," I snorted.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist from the back. I started blushing and kept staring out the window while he rested his chin on my head. We stayed like this for a couple minutes, both staring out the window, letting the last bit of winter breeze that had lasted until now blow into our hair.

Then the magical moment was interrupted by a cat yelling at us.

Yay, I love these cat children already.

John let go of me and walked away. I turned around too, just in time to see him picking up Rusty and holding him carefully in his arms. Gray-Gray ran over right when Rusty was lifted off the ground, and started to try and climb up John's pants to get to him.

Yeah, I call him Gray-Gray, Gary, Gray, Gay, Gray Baby, Gay Baby, Little Gray, Little Gay, Mini John, Grayface, Fluff, Chonk and Squirrel. I alternate between all of the titles he has already earned from living with us for a day.

I also may have trained Gray Baby that 'Gay' sounds close enough too 'Gray' so he now responds to Gay as if it where his name. 

I laughed and helped detach Gray's claws form John's pants, picking him up in my own arms. We both headed over to the couch/John's bed and sat down with the cats, petting them gently on the heads until they settled down. I moved close enough to John so that the cat's could lay across both of our laps.

"Movie?" I asked.

"Sure," John shrugged, stroking Rusty behind the ears.

I reached over to the armrest and grabbed the remote that was balancing on it, turning on the TV. 

"Al, can we watch something scary this time?" John asked, using one of his nicknames for me.

He uses Al, Ale, Alex, Mon Tournesol, Sunflower, Sun and something else I forget. All of them except Alex make me blush like crazy.

"No," I responded bluntly.

"Pleaseee? You always get to choose the movie!" John complained.

I looked over at him, which was my worst mistake. I should have learned, never look at the person begging you for something. Because he is using The Puppy Eyes™. I sighed, unable to say no to this. I handed him the remote and he smiled like a toddler. Now I was smiling, because he was smiling. Now the cat was smiling! Wait- the cat?

John obviously knew what he wanted, because he went to Netflix and turned on the movie right away. Oh crap. Quiet Place. I don't do good with suspense, it is my weakness, and I don't do good with... quiet. This is the worst possible option.

"Why?" Was all I could ask.

"Your brother got us a role in Quiet Place 2, we get to start acting after you finish your role as that animation and I finish mine as a musical person. If we are eventually, maybe in years, going to act in the second Quiet Place, we at least have to watch the first," John explained.

"Why are you always right?" I asked, more like mumbled.

John playfully patted my head and I sighed as the movie started.

-Time skip brought to you by Caribou Coffee, the place that I used to think actually turned caribous into coffee. I was a dumb kid (And I still am)-

So at some point during the movie I ended up squeezing John's arm and replacing the cat that had been on his lap. I had my hand that wasn't squeezing John's arm over my eyes, and I watched the movie through the crack in between my fingers, waiting for the jump scare.

Even though I was prepared, when the jump scare happened I screamed and buried my face in John's shoulder.

(A/N Hah, I just had an amazing idea-)

The worst part was that it had started to lightly rain outside.

(>:))

I hoped it wouldn't turn into a really bad storm. I turned my attention back to the movie, but ended of screeching again and somehow hugging John tighter.

After half an hour, the movie ended. But I kept hugging John for comfort and yelping in fear even after the TV was turned off. Because the storm was escalating quickly. This is why I loved winter most, no storms. It's kind of like a safe zone for me- in winter, I can relax, not worrying about my terrible PTSD revolving around rain and hurricanes.

This was the first storm of the year, meaning that I reacted even worse, because the rain poured harder and there was more of it. Plus, I had gotten un-used to the rain, having just spent many months in the peaceful, quiet snow. The thunder always felt extra loud, the rain seeming to pound on my ear drums directly.

"Are you okay?" John asked worriedly.

"N-No," I whimpered into his shoulder.

I felt him hold me in his arms, and use one hand to pet my hair. I loved how he could just see me in pain, being hurt or sad, and he didn't question it. His first reaction was to comfort me. I didn't feel pressured into telling him why, I could just relax in his arms.

"Shh, I'm here," John said.

I whimpered again as thunder crashed overhead. It sounded closer now.

"You're fine," John whispered into my hair. "I'm here."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. It's just a storm. Just a storm. Just a storm. John is here, nothing bad can happen. Nothing. It is perfectly safe, It's just evaporated nasty swamp water falling from the clouds. Just breathe. Breathe. I slowly began to calm, realizing that when I reminded myself that John was here I calmed down faster.

"I will always be here no matter what," John continued, his voice soothing.

After a while my tears slowed and I was just curled into a ball in his arms. Although, whenever thunder hit, a tear would streak down my check as flashes of my past erupted into my brain. The destruction. The bodies floating down the streets.

"Look at where we are," John sang quietly, his voice barely audible over the thunder and rain. "Look at where we started."

I closed my eyes and listened to his soft voice.

"I know I don't deserve you, Alex, but hear me out, that would be enough," John kept singing. "If I could spare his life, if I could trade his life for mine. He'd be standing here right now and you would smile, and that would be enough."

"I don't pretend to know, the challenges we're facing," I sang with him now.

We finished the song, and my tears had finally stopped for good.

"Hey, Alex, is it the rain?" John asked suddenly. 

"Mhm," I whispered.

"Hey, why don't we try something?" John asked.

"O-okay," I stuttered.

John picked me up bridal style, as if I weighed nothing, and brought me over to the biggest window in the house. I looked away from the window, trying to avoid looking at the rain. What is he doing?

"Look," John said quietly.

I took a deep breath and peeked out the window, seeing the trees wave in the strong wind, the street with small flows of water rushing down the sides, the houses across the street. The rain pounded down, and I watched as lightning flashed in the distance. I yelped and hid my face away again.

"Hey," John said grabbing my chin in one of his hands- somehow he was holding me with one arm?! "Look again."

"N-no."

"Please?"

I turned my head fully towards the window, and stared out at the storm. Images of bodies flashed through my mind as they flooded the streets, I imagined the houses ripped out of the ground from the strong wind, wood falling on top of me and pinning me to the ground.

But then, through the rain, in the far distance, I saw color. I saw a faint rainbow, and a blue sky. The dark clouds overhead where moving quickly away, and I could see the blue sky expanding as the clouds drifted east. Now I couldn't seem to move my eyes away from the window- I just stared at the rainbow.

I stared at the rainbow until the storm was gone. 

"After the storm, there's always a rainbow somewhere," John smiled. "Look over there."

I looked down at the street, where there where a couple seven year old-ish children jumping in the puddles.

I smiled. For the first time I smiled after a storm. Usually I was hiding under a pile of blankets. John brought me back over to the couch and I rolled off his lap, sitting next to him. Immediately, Little Gay jumped up on my lap and started purring, Rusty joining him.

I rested my head on John's shoulder and we both watched another movie. A happy movie, about happy things. And I could feel nothing but happiness.

(A/N that end was very cheesy XD)

(A/N If Christy commented 'Cheesy Washingdad' someone owes me ten dollars)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.4K 48
Alex is the adopted Prince under George Washington and their kingdom is poor but pushing through together. Right under that kingdom, John is next in...
105K 4.2K 25
Yet another modern Lams fic that nobody asked for. But who doesn't love Lams am I right? Apart from historians obviously (they won't admit it's real...
7.5K 867 43
well, here we are. everything is inside 😌 - this story has so much effort into it, like y'all imma cry???? how- if you wouldnt mind really hyping th...
wed. By Bug

Fanfiction

638 5 15
They made a deal, right? Alexander Hamilton teased, belittled, picked on, and bullied John Laurens in grade school. John doesn't care, though, becau...