Peppermint - |Jamilton|

By punicorn849

Don't you love the coziness that Christmas can bring? It can bring two strangers together. Character rights t... More

Cozy
Sit With Me
Exchange
Numbers
Christmas Music
Late Night Phone Calls
Moving On
Just a Favor
Thanks, Stranger
Peppermint

Epilogue

120 6 36
By punicorn849

"Thomas- where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

"You know I don't like surprises."

"Like our second-first date, I think you'll like this one very much."

"Fine- just hurry up so I can take this blindfold off."

Thomas chuckles and leads his boyfriend of three years into the coffee shop. They hadn't been to the coffee shop ever since Alexander's writing career took off and he published his first book. They still talked to the Schuylers and Lafayette frequently. Just didn't see them often. John too since Peggy's house renovations finished and he moved out of Alex's apartment. Alex ended up moving into Thomas' apartment a year after they started dating. They got a house together six months after that. And a cat because Thomas' died. Named it Paris-France.

Thomas lets go of Alex's arm and looks around. "Hey Thomas!" Angelica whispers. "Hey Angie. I love it. It's perfect," Thomas whispers back. "You better. I closed the shop for this. Never in my life-" Thomas waves her off and walks over to Alex who is mumbling to himself. He takes the blindfold off of him and smiles. "Whaat-? The coffee shop? I haven't been here in forever!" Alex says, looking around.

"What's the occasion? Besides the fact that it's Christmas."

"Well that would ruin the surprise wouldn't it?"

Thomas sits at a table and gestures for Alex to sit as well. Alex sits down across form him. Lafayette comes through the 'Employees Only' door and walks over to them. "What would you like?" he asked. "I- a peppermint hot chocolate. Hey Laf. It's unusually empty in here," Alexander says. "Oui, that is something. Anyways- you, Thomas?" Laf asks. "Same thing." Lafayette nods and walks over to Angelica.

Alexander taps on the table. "So- why are we here on Christmas day?" he asks. Thomas holds up a finger and whispers something to Angelica and Lafayette. Angelica takes something out of her pocket and hands it to Thomas, who puts it in his pocket. "I can't tell you yet," Thomas says. Alex goes to reply, but stops mid-word when Eliza walks in from the kitchen holding their teas.

Alex huffs as she sits them down. "Your two peppermint hot chocolates," Eliza says. "Thanks Lizzie," Alex says. She smiles and winks at him before walking away. "Memory lane is an important place in my heart, Alexander," Thomas says. "Me too. This exact table on December 3rd, we met for the first time. We flirted a bit, you asked if I wanted to sit with you and we had our 'first date' though it wasn't much of a first date because you had to go so soon. The note you left was what really made me think that you're worth a chance," Alex said.

Thomas smiled and sipped his hot chocolate. "I knew from the moment you stepped past the threshold, I wanted you to be mine," Alexander finished and took a sip of his own hot chocolate. "And I am yours. I was head over heals for you at first glance as well. You were a strong-headed and bold man with certain ambitions in life. It really didn't take much for me to fall in love with you," Thomas took another sip.

"So how come we're here now? A trip down memory lane? Or is there m-" Alex is cut off when music begins playing.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree.

"... Pentatonix? And 12 Days of Christmas? What are you playing at Thomas?" Alexander asked, sitting his mug down. "Care to dance?" Thomas smiled and held out his hand. "Okay... but you're not off the hook," Alex said. He took his hand and Thomas pulled them up and into a clear space in the middle of the shop.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thomas spun Alex around and Alex chuckled. "Have we ever danced so off-beat?" Alex teased. "I don't think that really matters."

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"I love you so much, 'Lex," Thomas barely whispered. "I love you too Thomas."

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"This song goes by so fast, it's hard to believe it's only three minutes."

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"Agh- sorry Thomas. I didn't mean to step on your foot," Alex apologized. "It's okay. Just keep dancing with me..."

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Alex kissed Thomas' cheek and smiled. "This boy is mine..."

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"Hey Alex, remember that one time in Monticello, when you went into my old room and saw all of those lyrics I wrote?"

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"Yeah, they were wonderful. What about them?"

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: nine drummers drumming, eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"Well, I made a song. It's short, only a couple words. A basic parody off of this song. I hope you don't mind if I sing it to you when the music stops."

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: ten pipers piping, nine drummers drumming, eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

"I would love to hear it, Thomas."

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: eleven ladies dancing, ten pipers piping, nine drummers drumming, eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thomas smiled and kissed his forehead. Thomas spun Alex around again.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: twelve lords-a-leaping, eleven ladies dancing, ten pipers piping, nine drummers drumming, eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree!

The music stops and Alex looks up at Thomas. Thomas steps away for a moment. "I'll be right back." Alex nodded and watched him leave. Thomas walks over to Angelica. "So are we ready- can I just grab the microphone and-" Angelica cuts him off. "Calm down, lover boy. It's all set. The only thing you have to do is sing and that's it. Everything else is set," Angelica says. Thomas smiles and kisses her cheek. "Thanks Angie, for everything. Tell Church that he better treat you right."

Angelica smiles and hands Thomas the microphone. "Now go get your boyfriend. Seal the deal."

Thomas walked back over to Alexander. "A microphone, Thomas? What do you really have planned?"

"Again, it's just a simple parody of the 12 Days of Christmas. I hope you like it though. This took a while to plan."

"What did?"

Thomas smiled and held the the microphone to his lips.

"On the day of Christmas, you receive from me... a simple gold ring, down on one knee."

"Wha-?"

Thomas handed the microphone off to Eliza and got down on one knee. He pulled out a black velvet box and opened it to reveal a gold ring band with a glimmering emerald gem.

"T... Thomas..?"

"Alexander... will you marry me?"

Alexander's face filled with sudden emotion. It reddened and tears welled up in his eyes. He struggled to grasp on the right words to say, running through all the synonyms for his response in the entire English dictionary.

"Oui, si, yes! Yes, I will marry you Thomas!"

Thomas smiled widely and stood up, immediately tackled in a hug by Alexander. Thomas cried and hugged him back. "I love you! Je t'aime! Te amo!" Alex happily kissed Thomas all over his face as they both cried together. Their friends joined in the hugs and cries of happiness. Alex cupped his face and kissed Thomas again.

"I love you, Alexander."

"And I love you, Thomas."

They kiss again and hug. A Christmas to remember.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 1.2K 26
one shots of lippa and hamliza, witg content you've been waiting for. ☆under editing i wrote this when i was like 11 so don't judge. -I DO NOT OWN T...
18.4K 629 51
Hamilton and Jefferson meet and then they get together. I don't know what else to say.
47.5K 766 28
Just your casual Lin Manuel Miranda and Phillipa Soo one shots.... No regrets.
63.5K 1.7K 55
Sequel to I'm Yours Alex and John have just gotten married and are braving the real world. With the Squad by their side, can they manage to survive...