Life Goes On | Jikook

By JJJTNYH

*REWRITING* Life always goes on. But sometimes it's hard always to be happy because of the obstacles and issu... More

Stay
Butterfly
Friends
First love
Danger
Fools
Someone like you
We Don't Talk Anymore
Nothing like us
Let go
Heartbeat
Beautiful
Hold me tight
Promise
Tonight
Always
Courage to change
I know
From home

All of my life

663 58 28
By JJJTNYH

All of my life (Cover) - Jungkook

Chapter 9

Jimin got out of the cab and ran towards an abandoned park. When Jimin and Taemin were kids, seeing as how nobody ever came to this park at all, they decided to build their very own treehouse in a secluded part of the park. It was the one place that nobody but them knew about, it was their sanctuary. Jimin was soaking wet, but he didn't care. Taemin, who was sitting in the treehouse, noticed a figure running towards him. He squinted his eyes and saw that it was Jimin, he recognized his pink hair. Taemin immediately started climbing down the ladder that connected the treehouse to the ground and started to run towards Jimin. He had forgotten his umbrella in the treehouse due to the rush of excitement he felt as he ran, eager to hang out with his best friend once more.

"Jimin?" he shouted as he approached him.
Jimin could see Taemin and ran even faster until he approached him and hugged him. Taemin was slightly taken back by his actions, remembering the awkward hug from before, but eventually, he hugged Jimin back, grateful for the comforting familiarity in Jimin's hug, but he could sense something was wrong. Jimin was shivering, and it wasn't because of the rain. Taemin broke the hug to see Jimin's eyes red, as he continually sobbed.

"Jimin, why are you crying so much, are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" Taemin asked, looking concerned.

"H-he hates me Taemin, Jungkook d-doesn't care about me," Jimin managed to say before laying his head on Taemin's chest, wheezing.

"Jimin, please, don't think like that," Taemin said as he wrapped his arms around him and patted Jimin's back. They stood like that for a moment, both of them ignoring the harsh rain falling and completely drenching them. Why did he bring up Jungkook? Didn't he say they didn't talk anymore? But then again he was saying something about a lot of things changing..., Taemin thought to himself while clutching Jimin.

Jimin broke the hug and fell to the ground, breaking down in front of Taemin.

"You don't understand the pain I go through every day. When you left I became miserable, depressed, broken, and hurt. Jungkook doesn't like me, Taemin! He forgot about my existence. The day I found out you left was the same day Jungkook ended our friendship. Jungkook told me he became friends with me because he felt bad for me, that I was a loser!" Jimin told Taemin, as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Jimin...." Taemin said as he knelt down in front of him. He felt an enormous amount of guilt at hearing Jimin's true feelings. He could feel his stomach turning into a pit as he looked at Jimin's sobbing face.

"All of my life, I've always wanted to spread positivity and goodness. I've never wanted to hurt anyone, but what happened in the end? I was always the one who got hurt. Baekhyun Hyung never came back, Taemin. He never did. After so many years I still have feelings for Jungkook, and I don't know why? Is it because he made me feel special?" Jimin asked as he looked up at Taemin.

Taemin couldn't speak at first. He was surprised about the fact that Baekhyun was still missing but more so, it was Jimin's confirmation of his feelings for Jungkook that shocked him, but he couldn't speak to that right now. He needed to assure Jimin, to make him feel better, to say anything to get him to stop crying. Seeing Jimin cry like this broke his heart.

"Jimin, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I promise I will never leave you again. I'll be by your side, no matter what happens," Taemin said as he pulled Jimin into a hug.

Jimin cried while leaning his head on Taemin's shoulder who patted his back as he kissed the top of Jimin's head. Jimin put his arms around Taemin, hugging him back, feeling that same warm feeling he always felt when he was in his arms.

"I'll always be by your side. I promise," Taemin repeatedly said until Jimin calmed down a bit.
"I'm sorry you had to witness me u-ugly crying," Jimin said as he wiped his tears.

"It's okay, you can always use my shoulder to cry on. I'll be right here," Taemin said as he kissed Jimin's forehead softly.

"I m-missed you, Taemin," Jimin said while looking up at him.

"I missed you too, Jimin," Taemin said with a smile.

"Thank you," Jimin said as he hugged Taemin tightly. "For everything."

"Hey now, what are best friends for?" Taemin said as he hugged him back. He cupped Jimin's face with his hands.

"Let's drive to my place. We're both pretty drenched because of the rain," Taemin said as he got up from the ground. He extended his hand to Jimin who took it and stood up too.

The car ride was pretty quiet most of the time. Taemin was driving, while Jimin looked out the car as the raindrops hit the window.

"How are you feeling Jimin?" Taemin asked.

"I feel like shit," Jimin mumbled.

"What?" Taemin asked, stopping the car in front of his house.

"I said I feel better," Jimin lied, fidgeting with his hands.

"Jimin look at me."

"Yeah?" Jimin asked, looking down.

"Stop doing that, when you play with your hands, I know you're lying."

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to do," Jimin said, putting his head in his hands.

"Stop caring. If he doesn't care, you should forget about him, Jimin. Move on and find happiness because it's definitely not in Jungkook." Taemin grabbed Jimin's small hands and held them. Jimin looked at him.

"Easier said than done," Jimin exasperated.

"You can do it. But you really need to try, Jimin."

Jimin nodded and Taemin pulled him into a hug.

"Taemin?" Jimin asked, breaking the hug.

"Yeah?"

"Can you drop me off at home? My mom might need me when she gets home from work," Jimin said, putting on a fake smile.

"Are you sure? You're soaking wet, might as well change into my clothes."

"I'm fine, there's no need. But thank you," Jimin said as he looked down at his hands.

"Okay, but tomorrow we're meeting up."

"Uhh well actually, there is a party that I was invited to, but I can't go and I don't know exactly how to turn my friends down," Jimin proclaimed.

"Wait, what party are you talking about?" Taemin asked curiously.

____

Hoseok arrived at the location Yoongi sent him and parked his car. He ran up the hill from which you could see the view of Seoul city in its entirety. Ordinarily, it would have been mesmerizing but the only thing on Hoseok's mind was Yoongi. He finally made it to the top and saw Yoongi sitting there, drinking and blasting music with a pack of empty Soju bottles around him. No wonder he came here, out of all places. The view was beautiful, especially at night.

"Why the hell am I doing this to myself?" Hoseok mumbled to himself as he approached Yoongi.

Yoongi was singing along to the song, "Break My Heart" by Dua Lipa, loudly and offkey slurring his words. Hoseok immediately grabbed Yoongi's phone and turned the music off.

"Hey why did you do that?" Yoongi groaned.

"Let's go, I don't have time for this Yoongi."

"Noooooo, don't leave me," Yoongi said as he grabbed Hoseok's legs who lost his balance for a moment and fell right beside him.

"Y-Yoongi what are you doing?" Hoseok asked in a frustrated tone.

"Hoseok I'm sorry for calling you at the last m-minute, but I feel like you're the one... I can trust. I feel safe with you," Yoongi whispered, touching Hoseok's cheek softly with his hand.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked, moving Yoongi's hand away from his face.

"I lied to my best friend about protecting his brother, instead I did the opposite. I failed at being a big brother to my little sister. I hate the fact you have to see this shitty weak side of me, Hoseok. I don't want to hurt anyone, that was never my intention." Yoongi complained, with tears forming in his eyes.

Hoseok sat there trying to pay attention to what he was saying but also realizing Yoongi was a guy who had his own problems, just like everyone else. He wasn't this one-dimensional character who teased girls and acted like an asshole most of the time. Unlike Jungkook and Namjoon, it seemed that Yoongi never intentionally wanted to hurt anyone. Hoseok started to feel some sort of sympathy towards him.

"I guess, when I first saw you, I felt something that I haven't in a long time," Yoongi said, as he moved closer towards Hoseok.

"Yoongi. You're drunk, let's not do this right now," Hoseok said, moving his head and avoiding eye contact with him.

"I may be drunk, but I know where my feelings stand towards you," Yoongi slowly got up on his knees, as Hoseok looked at him. He brought his hands near his face bringing it closer to his as he kissed Hoseok's forehead softly.

Hoseok closed his eyes and felt Yoongi's soft lips against his forehead. He couldn't decide what to feel about this. It felt wrong and right if it was even possible for anything to feel like that. He sighed, as he slowly realized he didn't regret being here with Yoongi. 

"Please don't hate me, I don't want to hurt anyone, especially you," Yoongi said, cupping Hoseok's face.

"Yoongi... I know you won't ever hurt me. Just, please! Let's get you home and we'll talk about this tomorrow when you're sober."

"No, I want to talk n-," before Yoongi could finish his sentence, he passed out, his head falling on Hoseok's chest as Hoseok immediately wrapped his arms around him.

"God, Yoongi, you're so annoying. You really had to pass out now," Hoseok groaned.

Yoongi's phone started ringing in Hoseok's hands.  The caller ID showed up as Little sister Nini. Hoseok picked up the call.

"Yoongs, where are you? You're never home this late unless-," said a frantic soft voice.

"Hi, I'm one of Yoongi's friends. Apparently, he got drunk and drove all the way near a cliff. So I came to pick him up, but he passed out and his car is parked here," Hoseok asserted.

"Oh god, I'm sorry! I'll Uber myself there right now," the girl wailed from the other end.

"Okay, thank you. See you soon." Hoseok said as he hung up the call and put the phone in Yoongi's pocket.

Hoseok saw Yoongi laying down on him and smiled.

"You're just something else, Min Yoongi. I wonder how I'm going to stop myself when I'm around you." Hoseok let out a small chuckle while playing with Yoongi's mint-colored hair.

___

Taemin and Jimin arrived outside his house. Taemin turned off the ignition.

"Thank you for today, Taemin. I'm glad you're back in Seoul," Jimin said as he looked at Taemin with a genuine smile.

"I'm glad to see you again after so long," Taemin said as he smiled back. Jimin sighed and got out of the car. Taemin got out as well.

"I'll see you soon?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to be taking over my dad's business here so you can visit me anytime,"

Taemin said, crossing his arms on the head of his car.

"I'm happy for you," Jimin said while standing at the other side of the car. "Truly."

"Thank you, Jimin. By the way, what are you going to tell your friends, you know, regarding the party?" Taemin asked.

"I don't know," Jimin said as he shrugged.

"I think you should go. If you need company, I'll go with you," Taemin said while smiling.

Jimin thought to himself there was realistically no way he could since his stepfather will probably be at home then. But maybe if he went out through the window from his room, maybe... He quickly snapped out of it.

"I'll talk to Tae, once I get home," Jimin said as he grabbed his keys and started walking towards his door.

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Text me when you can?" Taemin said as he waved at Jimin and got into his car. Jimin nodded his head and waved back before entering his house.

Jimin closed the door behind him and realized that his stepfather wasn't home. Jimin sighed in relief.  He walked over to the refrigerator and saw a note from his mom.

Jimin, your stepfather, and I have gone to visit his mom since she's sick. We will be back in a couple of days, take care of yourself.~ mom

Finally some peace after so long, Jimin thought to himself.

___

Seokjin arrived home and saw someone, a woman apparently cooking food in the kitchen.
"Jinnie, you're back?" The woman asked in a familiar voice, hearing the door open.

Seokjin saw his younger sister Jisoo standing near the stove as she stirred something that was cooking in a big pot. There were two bowls of bibimbap laid out on the table. It had been three years since Jisoo went to England to study medicine, so she could become a neurosurgeon but she felt homesick the entire time she was there so she returned to Seoul, back to the only family she had.

"Jisoo, is that you?" Seokjin asked with a surprised look, as he closed the door. Jisoo hadn't informed Seokjin about her return with the plan for it to be a surprise.

"Yes, it's me! I'm back!" Jisoo said as she let out a huge smile, running towards Seokjin and jumping onto him.

"God, Jisoo! You've gotten heavier since the last time I carried you." Seokjin groaned, putting Jisoo down.

"Wow, thanks for the motivation Jinnie." Jisoo pouted.

"Daddy? Is that you? Are you back?" Seokjin turned to see his 5-year-old daughter walking up to them, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Ara baby! Were you awake, come here," Seokjin smiled as he knelt down on the ground and put his arms out.

Ara smiled and ran towards him jumping into his arms while he wrapped them around her and picked her up.

"I missed you, daddy! When Ms. Lee was playing with me, auntie J came earlier and surprised me. She got me so much chocolate and gifts from England," Ara said while grinning.

"Seems like Auntie J is already spoiling you since she got back!" Seokjin said with a mischievous smile.

"Seems like I am," Jisoo chuckled while patting Ara's head.

"Daddy, I don't want to go to school tomorrow!" Ara pouted.

"Ara baby, if you go to preschool tomorrow, daddy and auntie J will take you out for dinner! We'll also order your favorite chocolate cake," Seokjin said as he winked at Ara.

"Fine daddy. Just because you promised," Ara said as she giggled and kissed Seokjin on the cheek.

"It's time for your bedtime Ara, your daddy needs to rest after a long day at work," Jisoo said with a smile, letting her arms out. Seokjin passed Ara to her.

"Okay! Goodnight daddy!" Ara waved at Seokjin as Jisoo walked up the stairs.

"Goodnight my precious baby," Seokjin said as he blew a kiss to her. "And Jisoo, when you're done meet me in my office."

"Will do!"

___

Jimin finished making a bowl of ramen for himself, and set it down on the dining table where all his schoolwork was. He started eating his ramen and focused on the project, he was doing with Jungkook.

God, I hope he finished his part of the assignment, so we don't have to struggle during the presentation on Tuesday Jimin thought to himself.

Jimin suddenly heard the doorbell and felt a sense of fear. No, fuck! They can't be home now, Jimin thought to himself as he got up from his seat quickly clearing away the bowl of ramen and all the papers scattered on the table. Once he thought it looked tidy enough he let out a deep breath and walked towards the door where the doorbell kept ringing. Jimin slowly opened the door and saw Tae.

"Tae, what are you doing here?" Jimin asked, feeling both bewildered and relieved.

"We need to talk."

_______________
I feel like this story is a mess smh, the next few chapters will get interesting.

*chapter re-edited on March 1st 2022*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 336 20
- it's been five fucking years it's not like you left me yesterday and came back today. - it's been a while my highness. - Dad are you really my dad...
72K 3.5K 25
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜๐˜† ๐˜€๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ ๐—๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด๐—ธ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ...
506K 26.7K 71
When fate decides to connect two souls,who's totally difference in characteristics and life style... Kim Seokjin, who grew up in a middle class but s...
108K 5.9K 75
"You're not gay Jungguk" "But I want to be for you, Just for you tae" A journey of being nothing more than just Best Friends to Husbands, when Junggu...