Bubbling over (Editing)

By bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

51

49 1 0
By bangtan_crackhouse

"I'll have a chocolate croissant with mixed berries and a Colombian blend," I ordered.

"Would you like cream and sugar?" The waiter asks.

"Yes, please."

"How many sugars, miss?"

"Six, thank you." The waiter turns to my companion.

"And what would you like, sir?"

"I'll have a cheese danish, avocado toast, and a mocha." He answers.

"Very well, I will be back when your orders are done." The waiter says.

"Thank you." He responds. The waiter leaves our cafe booth to go to the back.

"I'm surprised you were free today, Hoseok," I say to him.

"We had a fair amount of staff today. " He explains.

"Thanks for coming."

"I figured you'd need support before the trial. Jungkook told me you were anxious too. Also, I'm always down for food."

"You talk to Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"Since when did you two become friends?"

"Taehyung invited him on one of our guys' night outs last month. He's a cool dude."

"Interesting."

"When did you start calling him?"

"Two days ago. I needed a neutral outlook on the predicament." Hoseok sighed at my response.

"Look, Y/N, even though I didn't like the idea, I will still support your decision." I smile at his response.

"Thank you, Hoseok. You know, you're adorable when you're not acting like an asshole."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that before I decide to fire you up on an important day like this."

"Why didn't you ask Namjoon to come?"

The hell...

"Where did that come from?"

"You know because you both are a thing now."

"A thing?"

"An item"

"An item?"

"DATING Y/N!! I swear, why are you so slow sometimes?" Hoseok lets out exasperatedly. My cheeks grow hot at his words.

Me and Namjoon? Not a chance.

The waiter comes back with our food and drinks. We thank him and he exits.

"Of course not," I say once I have gotten myself intact. "And, I didn't want to bother him at work."

"Then, why are you blushing?" Hoseok raises a brow. At least I thought I was intact.

"The cafe put the thermostat too high. They should get that check out." I lie.

"I'm not believing that for a second Y/N. I have seen the way you looked at each other. You two aren't fooling anyone, especially me."

"I am not lying when I tell you, we aren't dating."

"Yet."

"Now why would he date me?"

"I don't know, maybe because he took you on many dates and is continuing to come back for more?"

"But there are several women he could choose from. Hoseok, Namjoon is a young and rich bachelor. He wouldn't settle for a plain person like me."

"Of course he would! You are very well accomplished."

"Wow, so many compliments today. Are we doing alright Hoseok? Do you need to lie down?"

"I am being nice because it is your trial day. Don't push it, child."

"I am honored."

"Anyways, he also helped you many times when you were struggling. Even after hearing your truth, he stayed."

I can't deny that.

"You have a point."

"Are you going to go for it?"

"I don't know," I say honestly and continue eating. After a while, Hoseok speaks up again.

"Is there anyone else?"

"Why are you so nosy today?"

"Jimin asked me to give him the tea later."

That man, he can never go a second without prying into my life.

"It seems he has made my matters his hobby once again. This time is low for him. Tell him along with the info you collected that if he intends to spy on me indirectly again, he will be deskless." I evilly smile at Hoseok and take a bit into my chocolate croissant.

"I'll make sure to pass on the message." Hoseok gulps in fear for his friend. We finally finish up our meals. "Are you ready for the trial?" I sigh deeply.

"As ready as I have to be."

________________________________________________________________________________

I look at the large mahogany doors and take a deep breath.

You got this, Y/N.

I pull open the door and step inside. No one is there yet except for two bodies sitting at the front of the audience seats. I walk down the aisle and stop in front of them.

"I thought you both had work?" I asked with a brow raised.

"Took an early lunch break," Namjoon responds with a heavily dimpled smile.

"I have enough staff today, I won't be missed too badly." Taehyung answers cheekily.

"I'm glad you both could make it," I say. "I'm going to prepare now before it starts.

"You got this," Namjoon says.

"Go get'em, tiger!" Taehyung exclaims. I roll my eyes hard and walk away.

Kill me now. Could he not be so cringy? Thankfully no one else is here yet.

Sitting down at one side of the court behind a desk, I pull out my documents. As I am doing so, that man and his lawyer walk in. He smirks at me and takes his seat at the opposite desk.

Disgusting.

The judge finally follows in suit and in no time, the trial commences.

That man has been going on for about forty minutes about how "innocent" he is. I have been trying to hold back, so have Namjoon and Taehyung. All we can do is wait for him to finally finish. Finally, he finishes his speech and I am called to the center of the room.

"I have brought a victim to the stand, her name is Bong Jisoo," I say and Jisoo takes her position at the chair for questioning.

"Are you a victim?"

"Yes, I am."

"I know it might be hard, but please describe your experience to the court." Jisoo takes a deep breath.

"I am a clerk at XXX company. I was assaulted after a meeting at his company. The event is unforgettable. I was freshening up in the bathroom when he came in and shoved me into a stall. He locked it and then... After, he told me that if I said a word to anyone about it, he wouldn't hesitate to destroy my family." Jisoo finishes her story and starts to weep.

"Thank you, Ms. Bong. That will be all." I say. Jisoo leaves the chair. I turn to the judge and I hand her documents.

"These are also testimonies of women that he has assaulted in the past ten years, Your Honor."

"I have something I want to ask, Ms. Y/L/N." That monster's lawyer says to the judge.

"Go ahead." The judge approves.

"Were any of these witnesses able to testify for your assault? Other than the one person that claims to have been with you, even though the police have clearly denied the statement." I grit my teeth.

"No," I simply answer.

The trial goes on for longer until the judge says that they need to leave.

"Ms.Y/L/N, the case that is made against the offender is that there were multiple incidents. Have yet to see a solid witness for a previous case. Since there is no time left, another trial will take place at a later date. Everyone is dismissed." That man and his lawyer smirk at me before leaving and I stand in the middle of the room with my fists balled at my side and body shaking with anger.

Taehyung was a witness, the police must've seen him and the paramedics. Why would they lie like that?

I turn my attention from the ground to a blank wall.

That man must've bribed the feds and the medical staff with his filthy money. I should've known that he would stoop that low!

In the middle of my train of thought, two hands grab my shoulders. I look up at them.

"Look, it's okay. Just a few more steps to success, alright?" Namjoon tries to assure me. I nod. "I have to head back to work. Don't beat yourself up."

"Okay, thank you Joonie." Namjoon ruffles my hair and takes his leave. For some reason I still am uneasy. Someone's warmth envelopes my hand and I look up at the source.

"Come on, let's go." Taehyung smiles and drags me out of the courtroom.

________________________________________________________________________________

God, I don't know why I'm out here.

I swear if I get hypothermia or frostbite, I will burn down the laundromat.

"I'm going to hit you." I huff getting out of my car.

"I'm sorry miss, you said you were going to do what?" Taehyung asks, getting out on the other side. I advance towards Taehyung and in a panic, he hides behind a tree.

"Come from behind the tree Kim, I have words for you," I demand.

"Naw, I think I'll stay right here actually." He laughs, "Heaven doesn't deserve to see my beautiful face yet."

"Who said you were going there?" I walk towards him and hit him on the shoulder. "So why do you have me out here freezing my fingers off?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"For this," He reveals himself from the tree. The top half of his body is in a winter jacket, while the bottom half is in compression pants and sneakers. His hair is a mess on top of his head, probably smushed from when he had his hood on.

I wish I could run my fingers through it.

I sigh. He brings his hands from behind his back to reveal a soccer ball.

Yay to Korea's national pastime. (That was sarcastic)

"I do not play soccer," I say, crossing my arms.

"Well, you're going to play today because I have a bet for you." His grin gets even bigger.

"And what is it that?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Your favorite chips. 3 bags of them. Deal or no deal?" He leans forward. I contemplate my options.

I would have to work out, but I do get chips if I win. And I will do anything to win.

"Deal." I smirk, "but I'm going to win." I say walking past him. I turn my head. He turns and drops the ball on the ground. Out of nowhere, he does some fancy footwork.

I'm screwed.

"Let's see who really wins. I can smell that bag on shrimp chips now." He kicks the ball over to me. "Do you want to warm up first?"

"Nope, not at all." I stop the ball and try to kick it back. Luckily it slides on the grass over to him.

"If you say so." He bends down and picks up the ball. He then points to the open grass area where we are playing. "Let's hurry up so I can kick your ass." He winks.

I have no words.

I glare at him in silence as we walk. He leads me towards two trees.

"Okay," he starts. I look up at him. "That bush and that tree is your goal and these two trees are mine."

"Making me walk to the farther side, huh? You know Tae, I thought you were many things, but never one of them to be lazy." I say, standing in front of him.

"Wait, you've had other thoughts about me? What thoughts?" He questions.

Your chest, your hands, your hair.

I turn and start walking towards my goal. I make it halfway across the "field".

"I guess you'll never know!" I yell back with a smirk on my face. I can feel him gaping from behind. I finally make it to my side of the field. "I'm ready!!"

"Okay." He drops the ball on the ground again. "You should really stretch first." I roll my eyes.

"Fine, oh wise Kim Taehyung." I start to bend down. Mid bend I hear the ball moving across the grass.

You dirty bastard.

"Cheater!!" I yell as I start running towards him. He laughs looking up from the ball.

"Never trust your opponent, Y/N. Even me." He laughs. I meet up with him and he's halfway past my side. I try to kick the ball, but his feet evade mine. He kicks the ball past me and runs towards it. I run after him. My little legs struggle to catch up. He gets to the ball and runs, almost reaching my goal.

"Noooo," I scream. I hear a chuckle from up ahead. He's ready to make the final shot, but a golden retriever runs up to him. He makes a jump for Taehyung and pushes him over.

"What the-?"

Now's my chance.

I run towards him and steal the ball. I casually start walking to his goal. When I get in front of it I just kick it in.

One Point for me.

I pick up the ball and run towards Taehyung who is sitting on the ground dogless.

"Where'd the dog go?" I ask.

"His owner came and got him and apologized. The dog's name was Jack."

"I've never heard of a dog named Jack."

"Well, there's a first time for everything." He jumps up from the ground and stands in front of me. "For example, you being the first person to score a point on me, ever."

"You're lying right." I raise an eyebrow.

"Maybe." He laughs. "Okay, one to zero. You get the ball first." I nod. I go back to the middle of the field and put the ball down.

"Ready." he nods. "Alright, go." I kick the ball towards his goal and Taheyung doesn't charge for me. He just backs up. I keep running and we stop a couple of feet away from his goal.

"I want to test you on something Y/N. "

"What is it?" I ask.

"I want to see if you can kick the ball in the goal." He gets into his goalie stance and nods tell me I can continue. I shrug my shoulders and just kick it. I just watch in slow motion as the ball leaves the ground and spins towards Taehyung's face. It continues until it makes contact with Taehyung's nose.

He falls on the ground again and groans in pain. My eyes go wide and I run up to him.

"Oh my god! Tae I'm so sorry." I drop beside him and look down at the mess I created. "Are you okay?" He groans again.

"No, not really. Blood streaming out of my nose like a fucking volcano exploded."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I repeat.

What do I do?

"It's fine Y/n, it was an accident."

"I still feel bad. Come on, I'll take you to my house to patch you up." I put my hand out. He grabs it and stands up.

"Okay." He holds his hand back to stop his nose from bleeding. "Could you lead me back to the car?"

"Yeah," I giggle. I pick up the ball and put my hand on Taehyung's back to take him to the car. "So I don't know if I should mention this now, but I won."

"Oh fuck off Y/N."

I'm still getting those chips whether he likes it or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 356 21
SHIPS: Hoseok x Reader and Jungkook x Reader and very minor Yoongi x Reader Summary: Y/n is a young new doctor at a well known mental hospital. She i...
656 26 22
Y/n is daughter of richest businessman in Korea. She befriends the son of her father's enemy Tae and their cook's son Jimin. Y/n's father is greedy a...
201K 9.1K 30
Park Jimin is a college student. Normally friends. Normal life. But little does he know that he has two secret admirers who are willing to do anythin...
387K 15.5K 60
In which a not so innocent text changes his life 👆kook 👇tae ships: Taekook, Namjin and Yoonminseok this is purely fictional and doesn't relate to...