epic love - james potter

By summersaries

"the dreamers and the realists" Daisy Evans was the forgotten sister, probably because she wanted more. She b... More

where's my love
i'm on my way
pluto projector
feeling good
apocalyptic crush
cold blooded
looking at me
pleaser
little league
worst of you
epic love
epilogue

something new

39.9K 899 1.4K
By summersaries

effy ^^^^

A girl with dark brown hair and bright green eyes laid on her back lazily. She tossed a baseball up in the air and easily caught it, repeating the process over and over again with no struggle in the single person game.

She silently begged in her mind for someone to bust through the doors and save her but no one did. The dark-haired girl continued tossing the ball into the air for what felt like days, because it was. There was no clock in her room but she could tell how many days she'd been in there because the sun always rose and set, every single day. 

Then, one night, the doorknob on her white door started to move. The sixteen year old girl immediately sat upright and raked her hands through her hair quickly. She glanced at the mirror to the side of her to check if she was presentable, then she winked playfully at herself.

"Hmm, it's locked," an unfamiliar voice noted.

"Yes, Potter, I'm allowed to have locked doors in my home. I can assure you that she's not in there!" Lily's voice hissed angrily. "I'm serious, don't open that door, Potter!"

Despite the girl's pleas, the stranger managed to pick the lock and open the door. They flipped the lights on the room on. "Think fast!" the dark-haired girl shouted and threw the baseball at the strange boy.

He quickly held up his hand and caught the ball easily with no other movement from his body besides his arm, causing the girl to drop her jaw. "What sport? Oooh, let me guess. Football, wide receiver?" she asked. "No, can't be. Baseball, right fielder?"

"Excuse me?" His accent was thick and posh, like he came from a rich privileged household. He wore clothing that looked like regular clothing that everyone wore but there was something about it that just made it look, better, in a way.

The stranger's hair was in black messy curls and he had bright blue eyes that were encircled with glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose. He was an attractive guy and by his body language, the girl could tell that he fancied her sister, Lily Evans.

By his looks, the girl would've guessed that he went to do something posh and for rich people, like golfing or tennis. Based on his skill, however, the girl would have to guess a sport based on catching a ball, like baseball or football.

"She's a muggle," Lily explained vaguely. "That's my older sister, Daisy Evans."

"Did they kidnap you, Daisy?" the curly-haired boy asked, tossing the ball back and forth in between his hands. "They've got bars on your window," he noticed, nodding towards the bars. "The lights were off and the door was locked. Lily didn't want me to come in your room and I've never seen you around before, now that I think about it. I see Petunia when I come over."

"You're absolutely right, stranger. They did kidnap me. Come to think of it, this is exactly what a prison cell would be like," Daisy pointed out. "All I need now is the uniform."

The boy chuckled and tossed the ball back to her, which she caught just as easily as he had. "I'm James Potter," he said.

Lily stood behind James and folded her arms in front of her chest. She was clearly angered that her sister and the boy who fancied her were getting along. "I'm going to go make sure Sirius doesn't trash the rest of my house. Stay here, Potter," Lily commanded.

The bespectacled boy sent her a goofy grin and the redhead stormed off. Daisy passed the baseball back to James and he walked over to her while they tossed it back and forth. "How old are you, Daisy?"

"I turned sixteen last month," she responded while scooting towards the edge of her bed. "And you?"

"I'll be sixteen in seven months," he answered. "Do you want to tell me why they've kept you prisoner?" James finally reached the dark-haired girl and sat on the bed next to her.

"I dyed the neighbor's dog."

"Excuse me?"

"The neighbor's son is my ex. He's a cheater actually," Daisy corrected. "Most girls would pour glitter on his old hoodie or slash the tires of his car but I thought it was time for a switch-up. So I stole his dog and permanently dyed his fur a lime green."

"That explains why you are grounded for a few weeks," James said. "But how come I haven't seen you, ever? Lily's whole family drops her off when she goes back to Hogwarts and they pick her up. You're never there."

"Well, James, that is because I am what people call a problem child. I've gotten grounded left and right ever since I was 9. You'd think that parents would learn and just stop grounding me but they just never do give up," the dark-haired girl shrugged while tossing the baseball between her hands in the same way that James had a few seconds ago. "It's strange."

"Peculiar," the Hogwarts boy agreed.

"Can I ask you why you fancy my sister?"

James raised his eyebrows in surprise at the question. "How did you know? I haven't even said anything about her yet," he said.

"You don't need to know how I know because that's something for me to know and you to not," Daisy replied, confusing him even more. "I love Lily, well, not really. I prefer Petunia more, but who I love more is not important. I'm sure there are plenty of girls in your magical school and out of all of them, Lily's probably the most square-like one, isn't she?"

"Square-like?"

"Like a square. Y'know, a boring person who does nothing fun, doesn't go to parties, likes to study, that type of stuff," the dark-haired girl explained briefly. "That's how Lily acts at school, isn't it?"

"Yes," James answered slowly. "I'd hardly call that being a square though. She's just different."

"You're just defending her because you're completely and utterly in love with her. If we got the perspective of, let's say, the boy who's in love with Lily's friend- the blonde- then he would most definitely call her a square," Daisy summed up.

"Caroline's here? We're looking for her, how did you know?" the bespectacled boy asked. 

"Walls are thick but doors are thin," she replied vaguely. "There's a boy talking to her right now actually. You can hear it."

They both stayed silent for a good ten seconds before James decided to speak up again. "I can't hear anything."

"That's because you're not listening to the right conversations," Daisy huffed. Her companion looked at her with raised eyebrows and Daisy let out a dramatic sigh. "That's not important. What's important is that Lily is a square and you need to add some spice in her life. She is the most boring sister ever and I think you could make her not so square, if you know what I mean."

"I don't know what you mean."

"God, how did I end up with the short stick?" Daisy asked, falling back onto her bed. "Anyone could've unlocked that door and walked through and of all people, it had to be the rich boy." James didn't follow her lead and instead just looked down at her. "I suppose you're going to say something now like 'excuse me?' or 'short stick?'" Daisy mocked, copying his posh accent.

James found himself chuckling as he watched the beautiful Evans girl he'd never seen. "Are you mocking me?" he asked in the exact tone that Daisy had made fun of.

"At least you could pick that up," Daisy commented, causing him to laugh again. "Look at it this way. The world is made up of realists and dreamers. The realists stop the dreamers from flying too close to the sun and the dreamers lift the realists off the ground."

"What has that got to do with me and Lily?"

"People like Lily are the realists. People like us are dreamers," Daisy said, staring at the night sky through the bars of her window. "If Lily never finds a dreamer, she might always stay on the ground. Understand?"

"I don't think I do," James answered truthfully. Daisy rolled her eyes, causing the raven-haired teenager to laugh again.

"So, prisoner, how much longer are you locked up for?" James asked jokingly.

Daisy let out a huff and hopped off of the bed, walking over to her closet. She lazily swung open one of the doors and James realized that the inside had small tally marks made by scratches and indents. The dark-haired girl traced her fingers over the small lines while James got up from her bed and strode over to her.

"I'd say about 11 more days?" Daisy guessed. James stood behind her and noticed that he was much taller than her, almost a foot taller. Daisy bit her lip and her eyebrows furrowed as she counted the marks again. "No, 13. 13 more days and I'll be free."

"This is how you keep track of the days," James realized aloud. "They don't let you have a calendar in your room, Daisy?"

She turned around slightly but then quickly faced forward and blushed when she realized that James was right behind her. "I don't get calendars in prison, do you?" Daisy joked.

The wizard reached over her shoulder and traced the tally marks with his fingers, a whiff of his cologne flowing into Daisy's nostrils while doing so. It smelled incredible and indescribable, something that wasn't normal. He smelled of some sort of polish and wood, but not firewood.

"The tallies are days you've been locked in your room?" the bespectacled boy guessed. 

"Yeah," Daisy nodded. Her fingers started from the top of the closet and slowly went down until they reached the last row. "Each column is a different time. So this one is the most current one, which means this was the amount of time I've spent in my room consecutively, as a punishment for dying Dylan's dog."

James assumed that Dylan was Daisy's neighbor so he didn't need to ask about it. "17 days so far," he noted. "Why don't you just stop causing issues? I'm sure your friends miss you when you're gone all the time."

"I don't have any friends," Daisy answered quickly, "so that's not much of a problem."

"Ah," James said. "Do you like not having friends or do you just not have-"

"Nobody wants to be my friend," she said, cutting him off. The Evans girl roughly closed the door of her closet and sat back on her bed. 

James walked over to her and sat next to her. "I'll be your friend," he offered. "I won't be around much but I plan on stalking your sister around all summer so you might see me."

"You're just saying you'll be my friend so I'll put in a good word for you with Lily," Daisy sighed.

"I'm serious," James said. "Well actually, one of my other friends who's here, his name is Sirius."

"Oh, the one that was talking to Caroline? He's the one who's in love with her," Daisy said.

"They're just friends," the wizard convinced himself. "Anyway, I'll be your friend. I think I could win Lily over eventually, I can feel it, so I really don't need you putting in any good word for me. You could if you wanted to but I doubt you'll need to."

"You actually want me to be your friend?"

"Yeah," James smiled. "I mean, if that's alright with you."

"It's alright," Daisy responded. 

The door to Daisy's room swung open again and her younger sister appeared in the doorway. "Your horrible friends are taking Caroline away," the redhead grumbled. "You should go before they leave without you."

"Alright," James agreed, "just give me a second." 

Lily glanced at Daisy skeptically and her sister shrugged in response. Lily let out another groan and shut the door quickly. James turned back to the other Evans and grinned. "Well, Daisy, I'll see you next summer. Try not to get yourself grounded again or you won't be able to see me."

"Maybe I will get myself grounded and then you can use magic to permanently remove the bars," Daisy smiled. She was being completely serious but James seemed to think it was a joke and started laughing again.

"I'll owl you, alright?"

"Sure, whatever that means. Bye, stranger."

"Goodbye, Daisy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.3K 108
Nanala Malfoy was the younger sister of Lucius Malfoy, and best friend of Remus Lupin. Nanala was the only girl that was close to the self proclaimed...
3.5M 102K 32
What if Lily Evans had another sister? What if that sister was a marauder and an animagus? What if she married Remus? And what if she found out Harry...
33.1K 1.3K 45
I wasn't expecting to walk into Hogwarts that morning I chased my dog down. I don't know what I expected from the day but it was definitely not being...
9.3K 364 31
What if Remus had twin sisters, Rose and Roxanne? And what if Tonks was Sirius' younger sister? And what if there was a fourth Marauder instead of Wo...