Deception • Woosang

By KangYeosnack

Wooyoung moves out Yeosang moves in Wooyoung wants his house back Yeosang lets him share on one condition Fak... More

Trigger/content warnings
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20- Epilogue

7

924 69 48
By KangYeosnack

A/n: can we just- ?? I love this pic so much- woosang's linked thumbs to form a heart ft. tiny Seonghwa at the back

Yeosang is unwrapping some suits from its packaging which he had ordered a few days before, Wooyoung is shaking his head in front of him.

"Why didn't you just bring your clothes from your old home? If you'd done that then you wouldn't be in this situation right now!" Wooyoung has been nagging him about this for hours. Yeosang looks up at him from the floor, he's standing in front of him with his arms crossed.

He sighs. "I didn't know we have to go to one of my mothers networking events, also I'll just buy new clothes why do I have to take them from my old house?"

Wooyoung scoffs at him, oh yeah because everyone can just buy a whole new wardrobe every time they move out.

Yeosang stands "also, I bought you one too" he looks him up and down "you look about the same size as me hopefully it'll fit" Wooyoung is handed an expensive looking suit.

"I have suits you know..." he pouts, Yeosang didn't have to buy him such an expensive looking one, he feels like a charity case.

"I know but look" Yeosang shows him another suit, smiling widely. "They match!"

Wooyoung's stomach may be doing flips right now just looking at their matching suits. "You got us couple outfits?"

Yeosang's smile drops, feeling a bit embarrassed "well I thought it would look more convincing" he rubs the back of his head then walks out with his outfit. "Put it on! We don't have much time left"

Wooyoung watches the door slam and he laughs in disbelief, looking at the suit. "What have I gotten himself into".

When he exits the room, he sees that Yeosang has already changed, and is waiting for him to come out. However, it seems as though he hasn't realised yet that he's done because he's just leaning on the arm rest of the sofa while looking out the window. Wooyoung examines the man from afar, his sharp jawline on display and the suit fitting wonderfully on just the right places. He stops himself checking the other out and coughs awkwardly.

Yeosang abruptly turns to look at Wooyoung with a small smile "it fits thank goodness" he says, walking towards him. Wooyoung has lived here for a grand total of a week and a half and this is the most dressed up he's seen Yeosang, which makes him feel intimidated because you know, he's a model.

"You look great" Yeosang says, eyeing Wooyoung, who goes red at the compliment. "Our outfits match nicely don't they". For someone who seemed to be dreading this event, Wooyoung thinks Yeosang looks excited.

Yeosang does get excited for the dressing up, but once he's at an event that excitement disappears. And with the situation he's in right now, he knows this one will be the most stressful of them all. He needs to be prepared well for this night to go successfully.

"Ok," Yeosang says, face turning serious. "We need to lay out some ground rules and plan well so meeting my mother goes smoothly, she gets suspicious very easily and nothing goes through her so we need to convince her that we're committed to this relationship."

His tone is stern and Wooyoung nods in understanding "Ok, the most obvious way to show a relationship, physical affection. Where do you draw the line?" He asks Yeosang, who doesn't hesitate for even a second.

"Holding hands." He says straightforwardly.

Wooyoung raises his eyebrows "uh- you draw the line at holing hands?" Is he being serious, Wooyoung looks at Yeosang's straight face and it seems as though he is in fact being very serious. "What else is there to do, link arms?"

Yeosang nods, satisfied. "I'm good with linking arms"

He almost smacks his forehead in frustration "Yeosang, I completely understand if you draw the line with kissing or something but holing hands? You said your mum is very thorough with things and can tell whenever someone is lying. Will she believe you're in a happy, long lasting relationship if you're not even holding hands with your boyfriend?"

He tries talking sense into Yeosang because he believes this wont work if they're 2 feet apart the whole time. But Yeosang genuinely looks conflicted at his words. Wooyoung sighs "I'm sorry, I wont force you to hold hands if you don't want to, physical affection isn't the only type of affection. You're good with words! You can-"

"No, its okay. You're right, it would look suspicious if we're not even holding hands." Yeosang frowns "I'm sorry, I don't know why I don't even-"

"Hey" Wooyoung smiles "its okay, don't force yourself. This is about you, not me. Do what your comfortable with"

Yeosang looks at him with glassy eyes and lets out a shaky breath. He looks down, not wanting to look at him anymore "thank you" he says, biting his lip, this is the first time (apart from Seonghwa) that someone has put Yeosang's feelings first, even over something as trivial as holding hands.

"I think I'm okay with holding your hand." He says, finally looking at the other who smiles widely at him.

"Okay, do you want me to hold it or do you want to hold mine" he asks, it may seem pointless to ask but initiating contact can be just as difficult as a accepting it. Yeosang appreciates it so much.

"I'll hold yours" he says and Wooyoung holds out his hand, ready for him to hold it and when Yeosang grabs it limply, he lets go, earning a look of confusion from Yeosang.

"Like this" he says gently and aligns their hands together, slowly intertwining their fingers in a firm hold. "Is this okay?" Wooyoung asks, looking at their joined hands and Yeosang nods "yeah, it is."

~

They let their hands fall to their sides and they head out where a fancy car is waiting for them. "We have to show up in this car because we're with the ceos, this is Ms. Im, she used to be my personal driver until I left" he explains to Wooyoung who just nods, distracted by the car.

Now arrived at a grand building, Wooyoung nervously follows Yeosang out of the car. The latter immediately grabs his hand, linking their fingers together, Yeosang must be as nervous as he is because he's gripping him a bit too hard to be comfortable. "That's my mother over there in blue, smile." Yeosang whispers, pointing to a tall lady and he puts on a wide smile. He can do this, he's good at socialising.

They walk up to her, Yeosang being a step faster and Wooyoung feels like he's being dragged. "Yeosang honey! Oh you must be Wooyoung!"

The woman displays a set of pearly teeth with a bright smile, shaking Wooyoung's hand. She looks much younger than her age, he wouldn't believe she has two grown sons. "Oh you're so handsome, Yeosang he's just your type!"

Wooyoung just blushes and laughs a little, this is the second time someone has said this, he glances at Yeosang who looks embarrassed while telling his mother to stop talking. She doesn't listen and bombards them with questions and Wooyoung answers them confidently, they're simple questions like how they met, easy to make up and keep simple.

"Yeosang you did well with this one, I approve!" She pinches Wooyoung's cheeks "you're so likeable! How did Yeosang manage to find you?" She leans in and whispers to him "he's not very sociable."

Wooyoung just chuckles, glancing at Yeosang's upset frown and takes his hand. "Yeosang is actually amazing to be around, I'm the one who was lucky enough to find him." He squeezes their hands.

Yeosang's mother slowly nods her head "I see, well you two look great together! I can tell you'll be together for a long time" She looks at Yeosang "I hope" she looks at him expectantly making him nervous. 

Luckily, the other notices Yeosang's uneasiness and hesitation to speak. "Thank you mrs Kang, I plan to be with Yeosang for a long time"

"That's wonderful to hear, I'm glad you like Yeosang that much!" She says and Yeosang feels shitty about himself. His own mother thinks that loving him the most difficult thing, and whoever does needs a reward. "And please, call me mother, we're family now!" Yep, the reward.

Wooyoung doesn't get to respond before she's leaving, greeting another person and happily chatting with them. He turns to his roommate who looks unwell. "Hey are you okay?" He examines his face, frowning. "Do you want to go now? We've met your mother so we can go if you want?"

Yeosang just shakes his head and stands in front of him to face him. He walks close to him so he can rest his forehead on Wooyoung's shoulder "I'm sorry, I just need a minute"

Wooyoung freezes for a second, debating whether he should hug him or not. He decides to pat his head "its okay, its done now." Yeosang stays unmoving, resting on his shoulder for a bit before he straightens himself. "I'm sorry if my mother was a bit blunt, she doesn't have the ability to keep to herself." Or not put down people for the sake of entertaining others he thinks.

"It's not your fault don't worry, I can handle it" Wooyoung reassures him, patting his head one last time, making the other pout.

Around them are many people, mostly just occupied in their own conversations but Wooyoung notices someone staring directly at them. He nudges Yeosang and motions at the man "who's that?"

When Yeosang looks at the man, he takes it as an invitation to walk over to them with a lopsided smile. "Hello young Kang"

"Mr Choi, how are you" Yeosang says with a tight smile. "Do you need anything?"

The man chuckles. "I've just never seen you come to these events with someone, would you like to introduce me?"

No. I don't Yeosang doesn't like this man and he is being annoying, clearly not taking a hint when he grimaces at him. "Meet my boyfriend Jung Wooyoung, Wooyoung this is mr Choi manager of Crush, we often hire crush for my shoots."

The man peers at Wooyoung as he smiles awkwardly in greeting. "Jung Wooyoung? Are you by any chance a reporter... no that wouldn't make sense, why would young Kang date a reporter"

The pair look at each other in confusion "I am a reporter" Wooyoung says, frowning, wondering why it matters.

He is given a skeptical look from the man "I know you, you're the one who tried taking our company down!" He exclaims and Wooyoung shakes his head.

"No that was a mistake, I've already faced the consequences I know I was wrong, I'm not trying to take your company down!" Wooyoung couldn't believe the nerve of this man, why is he trying to pick a fight when crush had already let him off.

"So now you're dating the young Kang coincidentally?" He says, sneering at him.

Yeosang scoffs at the man. "You think my boyfriend is a spy? That he's using me for insider content?"

He nods, not understanding why Yeosang is angry at him and not Wooyoung. "It's none of your business who I date and I think I'd know if my boyfriend was using me, now if you'll excuse me"

He grabs Wooyoung's hand and pulls him away from the man, leaving him staring at them shocked as he watches them exiting the building. Wooyoung lets Yeosang lead him to the frond garden of the place, there are still people there but not as many as there are inside, he appreciates the fresh air anyway.

"Sorry" Yeosang says and Wooyoung just tuts. "Don't be sorry about everyone we meet, people are like that, its okay." Yeosang wants to argue, its not okay. But he's too tired after barely even talking two people.

They take a seat on a bench, in a comfortable silence where there is a nice wide gap between them. Yeosang wonders where Seonghwa is, he'd already said he's not going because he's busy but he wishes he had forced him to come too, now he's just sitting here not knowing what to talk about.

Thankfully, someone calls him. "Hello little brother" Yeosang looks up to see his hyung walking over to them.

"Hey hyung, aren't you supposed to be talking to the guests right now?" Since he's the heir to the company, his hyung is always busy, especially in these kind of events. But he gets a nope in response.

"Ive talked to who I needed to, I just wanted some fresh air, hello Wooyoung" he turns to the other man on the bench, offering a smile, getting an awkward wave in response.

"So, Wooyoung... I'm curious as to how you managed to get Yeosang to date you, I know how anti-dating he is"

Yeosang's brother's stare pierces through as he uncomfortably looks at Yeosang, not knowing what to say but before he can respond, the older man is speaking again.

"How did a random person like you lure Yeosang into your life? Is your dream to be rich, have an easy life? My brother is quite famous you know, did you want-"

"Hyung stop talking right now." Wooyoung is shocked at the brother's words, he'd expected it from random people but how could Yeosang's on brother think like that, does anyone even trust Yeosang?

The said man has is gritting his teeth, face red as he speaks to his brother. "Why does everyone think Wooyoung has brainwashed me, does everyone think so little of me?" He says, trying not to raise his voice too much. "I was the one who asked Wooyoung to date me, ME. I liked him first so I confessed first. Him being a reporter has nothing to do with this, I'm not a child. Wooyoung didn't lure me into some plan to steal my money, I asked him out first."

He grabs Wooyoung's hand and marches off. This is the second time tonight that he's had to do this and Wooyoung hopes that he's not too angry.

He doesn't dare to look at Yeosang's face, not wanting to see him upset like this, he doesn't really know how to comfort someone well anyway so he lets him drag him home.

~

Barely half an hour after arriving home, a knock is heard on their door. Wooyoung quickly gets up to open it but Yeosang is already hurting past him to get the door.

Yeosang opens the door to reveal Hongjoong and Seonghwa, looking at each other confused.

"What are you doing here?" Seonghwa asks Hongjoong, ignoring the fact that the door is open for them to come in.

"Wooyoung asked me to come, what are you doing here?" Hongjoong replies and Yeosang turns to Wooyoung.

"You called Hongjoong hyung here?"He asks and Wooyoung nods.

"Yeosang asked me to come" Seonghwa says pointedly and Wooyoung glances at Yeosang.

"You called Seonghwa hyung here too?" He asks him, earning a simple nod in response.

The four look at each other for a moment before Wooyoung snaps out of his daze and lets the two inside.

They separate into their respective pairs, Yeosang chatting and complaining to Seonghwa about today. His mood seems to have gone immediately better now that Seonghwa is here and Wooyoung sighs in relief, glad he doesn't have to try and cheer the other up.

He and Hongjoong play video games for a bit, he had called him over for Yeosang, to cheer him up but Yeosang had already called Seonghwa so now he could hang out with Hongjoong, with whom he hadn't hung out with since before he moved.

The atmosphere with him and Hongjoong sitting on the floor playing games and Yeosang and Seonghwa on the sofa chatting on their own makes Wooyoung happy, it's feels overwhelmingly like home for some reason, even though two of the people in his home were strangers a couple of weeks ago.

"Kim Hongjoong"

Hongjoong looks back from his game to look at Seonghwa who had called him, giving him a confused look. "Did you receive good news today?" He smiles at him, knowingly.

Wooyoung looks at Hongjoong, then Seonghwa then back to Hongjoong, puzzled at this interaction.

"What good news" he asks but Hongjoong doesn't even glance at him. "Hyung what's he talking about?" He presses, shaking Hongjoong's shoulder.

"Ah... I got into that competition I was telling you about"

Wooyoung gasps, he's heard Hongjoong go on for ages about this competition and working in his dream job. "Wow! The one from Mars couture? That's great" he hugs him, then pauses "but... how does Seonghwa hyung know about this?"

Hongjoong laughs nervously "Seonghwa actually is the one who runs the competition, he's the son of the company's ceo".

Wooyoung whips his head to face Seonghwa, who looks surprised. "Really? You- you're the son of Mars couture?"

The other gulps nervously "yeah"

The younger's mind is working, putting pieces together "don't tell me... you accepted Hongjoong because you know him?"

Hongjoong pouts, glaring at Seonghwa. "I told you not to do that"

"I- I didn't I swear!" Seonghwa quickly stands to defend himself, the other two are talking too quickly and assuming things. "I really didn't know if Hongjoong got in or not, that's why I asked, I was given different applicants to go through and I didn't see Hongjoong's name, I really didn't know" Seonghwa pleads, slightly intimidated by Wooyoung's glare.

Fortunately, the youngers face lights up as he turns to Hongjoong again. "hyung, this is amazing! It's your dream to work there"

The other nods with a smile, a little embarrassed that Seonghwa knows that he's desperate to work at his family's company.

A few hours after playing more games with Hongjoong, Wooyoung yawns as he stretches. He looks back to see Yeosang on his phone with Seonghwa asleep on his shoulder.

Yeosang looks up to see Wooyoung yawning "oh right it's quite late" he taps Seonghwa's head in an attempt to wake him up. "Hyung, let's go to my bed, you can't sleep here, this is where Wooyoung sleeps"

Seonghwa shoots his head up "I'm up" he says and hastily stands up, stumbling slightly because of his sleepiness.

Yeosang hold his arm to help him balance "come, you can stay over tonight, it's too late to drive home now".

He tries to take him to his room but Seonghwa suddenly stops. "It's fine, I can go home"

Wooyoung watches the push and pull Yeosang and Seonghwa are doing and huffs. "Hyung what are you talking about, you're half asleep and you want to drive home? Just sleep in Yeosang's room"

Seonghwa shakes his head "Yeosang has a single bed, there's no space and I've driven home tired before, there's no reason I can't now"

"Hyung!" Yeosang tuts. "You live almost an hour away and I can see you struggling to keep your eyes open, you're going to get in an accident if you drive now".

"You could sleep on the sofa bed if you want? I don't mind sleeping on the floor" Wooyoung suggests.

Seonghwa shakes his head again, "I don't want to be a bother, really I'll just call a cab if I'm too tired to drive".

"Hyung you're not a bother, you'd be a bother if you died!" Yeosang says, begging him to stay.

"I won't die Yeosang, I'll just call a cab if you're so worried, ok?" He asks the latter who sighs in defeat. "Fine".

"Um- I'll get going now too then" Hongjoong says, having been waiting for the little argument to die down. 

The roommates bid the two Hyungs goodbye and once the door is closed, Yeosang storms off to his room. Wooyoung watches him go and sighs, opening his bed and going to sleep.

Outside of the door, Hongjoong walks to his home, only being a couple of steps next to Yeosang's. He stops to get his keys out when Seonghwa bumps into him from behind.

"Sorry" he says when Hongjoong turns around. He looks like he's about to fall asleep on the ground, he's definitely not fit to drive himself home or even get a cab, if he even finds one at this time at night.

He watches Seonghwa walk past him, bumping into a wall then muttering an apology to it and Hongjoong sighs in frustration. "Seonghwa!"

He musters up the courage to quickly walk up to him before he falls down the stairs, and grabs his arm.

"Stay over at my place"

Seonghwa blinks slowly, catching up with what Hongjoong had said. When it registers in his head, he wakes up a tiny bit. "What."

Hongjoong bites his lip hesitantly. "You can sleep on my couch or something, please you might hurt yourself getting home".

Seonghwa considers it and if he was a bit more awake, he might have rejected the offer, but god was he sleepy.

The small nod is the only approval he needs as he pulls Seonghwa to his apartment, leading him in. The other tiredly looks around the familiar place, he'd only been here a week ago.

Hongjoong brings him to the couch and asks if he'll need anything. "I'm fine, I'm going to sleep within a minute anyway. Thank you Hongjoong". Seonghwa says, voice slurred, indicating that he's already falling asleep.

Hongjoong nods, heading to his room to find a blanket and when he comes back, Seonghwa is already dead asleep. He sighs as he looks at the other asleep while sitting down, head bent in an awkward position.

"You should've at least lied down you fool" Hongjoong mutters, gently lifting Seonghwa's legs and placing his head under a cushion so that he's lying down. He spreads the blanket over him, careful not to wake him up.

The sight of Seonghwa asleep makes his stomach flutter and he resists the urge to stroke his cheek, running to his room in embarrassment for staring too long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 1.4K 38
[COMPLETED] Yeosang is just a college student but when he met Seonghwa his life changed and it would never be the same anymore. ----- -BOY X BOY -SE...
95.7K 4.8K 45
se·ren·i·ty /sə'renədē/ 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled ... in which jung wooyoung finds his package misplaced at...
17.6K 657 10
"..Sannie, it hurts..." "What? What hurts?" "My head.." "Just continue sleeping Wooyoung. It'll go away on Monday." I needed something to hug or be b...
10.5K 511 17
wooyoung x princess/assassin!reader | you are the princess of wonderland but also an undercover agent for your nation. wooyoung is the representativ...