Where It Stays | J. POTTER [1]

By sectxmsemmpra

Mayalyn Black returns to Hogwarts with her brother alongside long time friends, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew... More

F A C E C L A I M S
P L A Y L I S T
1 | changes
2 | threats
3 | rats
4 | firewhiskey
6 | okay
7 | revelations
8 | animals
9 | betrothed
10 | secrets
11 | closets
12 | heartbreaks
13 | counter-potions
14 | confessions
15 | promises
16 | misunderstandings
17 | goodbyes
0 | epilogue
0 | second book

5 | mistakes

1K 40 3
By sectxmsemmpra

Maya's eyes fluttered open and she immediately shut them as her head throbbed. She could feel an arm rested around her waist and she sat up, rubbing her temples in an attempt to ease the pain. She glanced to the side and saw the person that the arm belonged to, letting out a light gasp in surprise.

"No," she whispered to herself before raising the blanket. Her eyes widened as she processed what this entailed. She glanced to the side at the shirtless boy and she carefully moved so that she didn't wake him. As she tried to move, however, she slipped and fell to the floor.

"Ow," she groaned as she pushed herself up. She froze when she heard movement in the bed. She remained crouched down as she waited for him to speak or make any indication that he was awake. He didn't.

She moved so that she was kneeling but froze when she came face to face with James. His eyes widened as he took in the girls appearance and then looked down at himself, "We didn't-"

Maya quickly covered his mouth with her hand, preventing him from saying anything. She pointed to her ear and then toward where she was certain the other boys were sleeping. 'Your wand' she mouthed and he turned over in the bed before grabbing it off his nightstand.

She took it and moved in front of the curtain, "Muffliato."

"You don't think we...I mean, we didn't, did we?" James asked warily, after she handed him his wand.

"There's no real evidence that anything happened," she pointed out prematurely. "For all we know, I just slept in your bed because I was too out of it to make it back to my own room."

"Right," he nodded although he wasn't entirely convinced.

She stood up from her crouched position and went to move but she had to bite her lip to prevent herself from making any noise. Okay, she thought to herself warily, Maybe there was evidence.

"Oh Merlin, Sirius is going to kill me," James groaned, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Sirius won't find out," she said pointedly, she scanned the floor, "Where are my clothes?"

"I don't-" he looked around, "I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment, "I don't remember anything from last night. I mean...I remember the firewhiskey. Lots and lots of firewhiskey..."

"I need to find my clothes so I can get out of here," she explained as she bent down, ignoring the pain as she searched under the bed. She couldn't remember it ever hurting like this before.

"Maya, just wait a minute," James requested, shaking his head. He threw the blanket off of him and got out of the bed. They both stood there in their undergarments. "Just wait."

She let her hands fall to her sides with a sigh, "Wait for what exactly? If I don't leave soon, they'll wake up."

"I just-Don't you think we should talk about...About whatever happened."

"No," she shook her head, "And the sooner I leave, the sooner we can forget this ever happened."

"How am I supposed to forget when I don't even know what happened?" he pointed out.

"Then let's hope neither of us ever remember," she replied before she continued her search for her clothes.

"I don't think they're in here," he spoke up after a moment.

"And you know that, how exactly?" she inquired, standing up straight. She crossed her arms over her stomach as she waited for a response.

"Because I vaguely remember a game of strip truth or dare."

"Well that's just fantastic," she sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Here," he said, opening one of his drawers. He pulled out a shirt for her to use and handed it to her. "That should work."

Maya took it from him with a tight smile and slipped her arms into the button up. She pulled her hair out so it was no longer stuck and began to button up the shirt.

He watched her as she did this and he clamped his mouth shut, forcing himself not to say anything.

"Thank you," she nodded as she looked down at the shirt. It fell down to mid thigh and it wasn't see-through. If anyone saw her, she could make up a lame excuse about it being a fashion statement or something.

"Can we just talk?" he requested.

"No," she answered bluntly, "As soon as I know it's clear, I'm going to go back to my room. As soon as I leave this room, we never bring this up again. Do you understand?"

"Maya-"

"Please, James," she begged, "Just let it go."

He opened his mouth as though he were going to protest but frowned, "Fine." He walked over to the curtain and peered through, "You're good to go."

"Thank you," she nodded before she slipped out of his area and quickly made her way out, James watching as she did so.

"Sneaking a girl out?" one of the boys inquired and James froze as he realized it was Sirius. "And here I was thinking it was Lily or nothing."

"Yes, well, things happen when you drink too much," he explained after a moment, turning to face the boy.

"Merlin, James," Sirius responded, "You just had sex with a girl you didn't kill anyone."

"Yeah," he nodded in agreement, "Not murder."

Sirius eyed the boy, "Maybe you should get more rest."

"Yes, good idea," James replied before he stepped back into his area and closed the curtain behind him. He was so screwed.

-

Maya closed the door to her room and leaned against it. She rested her head against it and closed her eyes for a moment. It was all just a dream, she tried to convince herself, A firewhiskey infused, hyper-realistic dream.

Her attempts were rendered useless as the memories came flooding back.

"We'll be the kings of this place soon enough," James announced as he leaned over the stairs in the Gryffindor common room. The two of them had lost their clothes during a game of truth or dare with a twist. Sirius had stolen them forcing them to make their way back to the Gryffindor common room in just their undergarments.

"Queen," Maya corrected in amusement. They had both had a fair amount to drink and as Maya watched the boy, the background around him grew fuzzy.

"Right," he nodded absently, "Kings and Queen." He looked around the room and then down at the girl with a lopsided grin, "I think we had just a little bit too much to drink."

"A little?" she giggled. "We had way too much to drink." She moved to take a step down and stumbled. James grabbed her arms and pulled her toward himself to steady her. She looked up at him, "Way too much."

"I agree."

"I should get to my room," she mumbled, barely aware of what she was saying.

"That you should," he nodded in agreement. James couldn't help but notice how pretty her eyes were when he stood this close to her. Or maybe it was the firewhiskey talking. Neither of them moved from their positions. "Or not."

"Or not," she repeated quietly before she stood up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his. He pulled the girl closer to him as the pair stumbled up the stairs and toward the boys room.

He pulled her closer to him, his cold hands sending shivers down her spine as they entered the room. Maya pushed him up against the door and deepened the kiss, only breaking it to mumble quickly, "What if they come up here?"

"That's a simple fix," he responded simply before he picked her up gracefully. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he walked her toward his portion of the room.

"There you are!" a voice spoke up, pulling Maya from her thoughts, "I was worried about you. I thought you had fallen asleep in some corridor or something."

Maya forced on a smile as she pushed herself off the door and walked past the red-head, "I'm fine, just a raging migraine but I'll manage."

"Where are your clothes?"

She looked down at her attire and cursed herself as she remembered she was wearing James' shirt. And that it smelled like him. And that she liked it.

"It's a long story," she brushed off, "I'm going to go shower but I'll see you later."

"Yeah, alright," Lily nodded.

Maya hopped into the shower and turned the water on, allowing the cold water to hit her back as she tried to push the memories away.

He slowly lowered her onto the bed and brushed her hair behind her ear, "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on."

A small part of her knew that this was an awful idea, as did he, but that small part wasn't enough to stop either of them. She pulled him closer to her, running her hands up and down his back.

He leaned down and kissed her neck, her head leaning back as he nibbled gently on the soft spot of her neck.

She shook her head as she realized she was focusing on them. Forget it, she scolded herself, It never happened.

She dug the heel of her palm into her forehead before hopping out and drying off. After she got changed, she made her way downstairs where Sirius, Remus, Peter and James were already sitting and talking. She sat down next to Sirius as the memories kept captivating her thoughts.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked, his warm breath against her neck sending tingles down her spine.

She pulled him closer to her, "Yes, definitely."

He kissed down her throat and toward her chest, sucking gently every so often leaving faint marks as he did so. Her body longed to be closer to him and her back arched as his hands moved to her hips.

"Earth to Maya," Sirius tried, waving his hand in front of her face. She shook her head as the boys came into focus. Sirius was next to her with a look of confusion, Remus and Peter watched her in curiosity. James on the other hand sat in the chair across from them, his head rested in his hands. "Are you okay?"

"Just had a little too much to drink last night is all," she grimaced, "I'm still a little out of it."

"We're heading to the lake," he explained, "Are you coming?"

Maya shook her head, "I'm not up for it."

"Alright then," he stood up off the couch, Remus and Peter following after him. He glanced back, "You coming James?"

James looked up at this, "Coming where?"

"To the lake."

"Oh," he responded, his eyes flickering over to Maya for only a moment, "Um, no. I'm just going to stay here and nurse my hangover."

"Maybe next time you two should go lighter on the firewhiskey," Peter pointed out before the three departed, leaving Maya and James alone.

Her hands ran across his chest before she moved down and kissed his neck, sucking on the soft spot long enough to leave a mark. He grabbed her carefully by the sides of her face and pulled her towards him so that their lips connected.

She pushed away from him briefly, "You did your job, it's my turn now." She placed her thumbs on either side of his boxers and pulled down gently, "All you need to do is enjoy."

"I take it you're starting to remember too?" James inquired and she frowned slightly, "Look, I-"

"I'm not going to hold you to anything we said or did," she cut him off, leaning forward where she sat, "You don't have to worry about it."

"That's not what I-"

"Really, it's okay," she shook her head, "We were drunk. Things were said and done. It happens. Let's just forget about it, alright?" She wanted to add a please at the end but there was no point.

He rubbed his hands on his jeans, "Fine." He stood up, running his hand through his hair, "I'm going to go join them by the lake."

"Have fun." He nodded stiffly before disappearing.

If things weren't off before, they were certainly going to be now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 241 23
" in losing grip, in sinking ship, you showed up just in time " [james potter x female oc] [marauder's era]
180K 4.9K 16
James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter have returned to Hogwarts for their sixth year! A new student with a mysterious past works her way into the close-kni...
197K 5.7K 65
" And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for. " [regulus black x female oc] [marauder's era]
204K 5.4K 65
The Potter twins had never had great luck. After the war, just when they thought they were finally getting a well-deserved break, they were transport...