Emperor's Treasured Son

By Celena_Noelle

"Your highness, do you want me to carry you?" A red haired, grey eyed man said, holding out his arms to the 3... More

//Prologue//
//Chapter 1//
//Chapter 2//
//Chapter 3//
//Chapter 4//
//Chapter 5//
//Chapter 6//
//Chapter 7//
//Chapter 8//
[A/N]
//Special Chapter: Christmas//
New Fanfic
//Chapter 9//
//Chapter 11//
//Chapter 12//
//Chapter 13//
//Chapter 14//
//Chapter 15//
//Special Chapter: Happy Birthday Athanaris!!//
//Chapter 16//
//Chapter 17//
A/N (Again)
//Chapter 18//
A/N
//Drafts//
//Chapter 19//
...
//Chapter 20//
I'm back

//Chapter 10//

43.3K 1.7K 1.9K
By Celena_Noelle

ATHANASIA IS WEEPING INSIDE, this was her second meeting with Claude and there's no Athanaris to ease her up due to him sleeping in, for he is exhausted by their journey.

"What are you thinking about?" Claude asked, startling the little princess in the process.

"Your hair is sparkly and pretty, Papa!" she said with a very bright and cute smile "I like sparkly things! Hehehe"

Claude merely smirked, clearly amused before saying "That reminds me, you had a jewel pouch with you that day."

Athanasia froze

"I kept your treasures safe and sound. Why don't you come and retrieve them yourself next time?"

Athanasia didn't answer and then the two stayed in silence, Claude looking at the lake with a faraway look.

Athanasia looked over at the lake and saw the clear lotuses which catched her attention, she reached out to touch one and fell in the water.

She flailed around and asked Claude for help but he just looked at her with a cold emotionlessly eyes.

She stopped when she saw his eyes and was pulled deeper and deeper in the lake, silence and darkness surrounding her.

"ATHANASIA!" a shout and the next thing she knew is that she was now in his big brother's arms.

His thin yet strong arms wrapped around her shaking form.

She spat out all the water that entered her.

"Felix."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Teach Athanasia how to swim. It would be a shame if the Emperor's daughter was drowned to death in the lake. Let's go Athanaris."

He said and turned, expecting Athanaris to follow him but stopped when he couldn't feel the presence of his son.

He looked back and saw him fretting over Athanasia and frowned.

He went closer and without a warning, he snatched Athanaris up in his arms despite his protests and walked away, Athanaris still being carried by him.

"Father, you can put me down now." Athanaris said as they were now at his palace gardens filled with Lilies and white roses.

"No. You will also take a bath after we entered the palace, you're clothes have become wet, then sleep after that understood?" Claude said with finality.

Athanaris sweat dropped and knowing that he won't be able to do anything about it, he have just surrendered and said a small "Yes" in return.

Claude left Athanaris in his room and proceeded to go to his office to do some paperwork but not before saying his goodbye to Athanaris and "Felix will be doing your paperwork so just rest."

Athanaris smiled sweetly at him and thanked him while Felix wept inside.

__________

ATHANASIA FUMED while laying on her bed, she have caught a cold after falling on the lake and being saved by his big brother.

Speaking of big brother, she was wondering what he was doing right now.

So deep in thought, she didn't notice the door opening and a white haired prince coming in until...

"Athanasia" he called her with a soft and soothing voice.

Athanasia whipped her head to his direction with eyes wide as saucers.

He chuckled and walked untill he was beside her bed.

"How are you?"

"B-big Brother! What are you doi- *cough* *cough*" she asked, only to be cut off by her own series of coughs.

"Take it easy little sister, your sick after all." He said and handed her a glass of water which she have downed very quickly.

"How are you?" He repeated the same question.

"I'm alright, it's just a cold."

Athanaris frowned and flicked her forehead lightly, earning a small 'oww' and pout from her "What do you mean just a cold? A person can die from cold do you know that?"

"Do you want me to sing you a song?"

Athanasia perked up at that and nodded eagerly, she have heared from Felix how good his singing is.

Athanaris smiled and proceeded to gently pat her.

He opened his mouth and proceeded to sing.

Hmm~
Sleep tight dear child
I'm here for you
Nightmares will vanish,
Sweet dreams will come.

You are my treasure
My sun, my life
I'll be here with you
Untill dawn comes.

I'll be your home,
I'll be your light,
To guide you to what's right
Giving you warmth.

Athanaris's soothing and angelic voice lulled her to sleep, her eyelids slid shut, a peaceful expression on her face as she slept with a smile.

He smiled and kissed her forehead, whispering a small "Goodnight" before exiting.

He went to Claude's office and saw him still working.

He approached him and placed a soft hand on Claude's arm "Go to sleep now Father, you seem tired."

Claude looked at him with tired eyes and for a minute, they stared at each other.

Claude brought his son to his embrace and burried his face on the crook of Athanaris's neck.

This were the times he was ever seen as vulnerable and only his prescious son can see him like this.

Athanaris run his hand gently through his father's soft blonde locks, feeling Claude relax.

They were in that position for five minutes, a comfortable silence surrounding them.

"Let's sleep." Claude stated.

Athanaris chuckled and said "Okay"

Claude carried him to the bed and embraced him like he did last night.

Claude slept in peace with Athanaris humming a song to him.

__________

THE NEXT DAY, a new batch of maids was presented to serve Athanasia with Felix as her personal bodyguard.

Later that day, Athanasia started to pout as no maid was giving her chocolate.

"I wanna see Hanna and Cess."

Felix decided to comfort her "If you wish to see them, surely you will."

"When?"

"Umm, after 10 days?"

Athanasia started to rant in her head, feeling irritated by the current events.

Felix tried to lighten up her mood by suggesting a talk with Claude but that made it worse.

"I-It's his highness going to be there?" Lilly asked.

"Certainly! His highness is always with his majesty when doing paperwork" Felix said happily.

"Then princess, would it be better if you change clothes?"

"Nyoo!" Athanasia answered cutely while hiding behind Felix.

"Sir Felix please say something..." Lilly pleaded Felix who smiled brightly, saying that Athanasia still looks lovely in any clothes she wore, Claude would agree with him he said.

Athanasia was carried to Claude's office, she wanted to go back when Felix said that he might be sleeping but she still got locked inside.

Athanasia ran around the room, seeing so many gold in every corner but two photos caught her attention, one is a woman with brown hair and green eyes while the other has long and curly pure white hair tied in a ponytail, soft golden eyes, she wore a military uniform, a sword in hand, a fierce yet beautiful painting.

She turned her head to the side and almost got a heart attack when she saw Claude and Athanaris sleeping on the couch, the former hugging the latter protectively.

She was blazing in anger and raised both her fists in the air but before it even landed on his, a piece of chocolate coming from her sleeve fell out and was about to hit Athanaris when a hand swiftly catched it, not disturbing the peacefully sleeping prince one bit.

Claude's eyes opened, directing his gaze at Athanasia.

Athanasia brought her hands down and started to sing the lullaby Lilly have been singing to her.

After she finished, Claude questioned "What song was that?"

"A song to say "Bye Bye" to bad dreams." She smiled brightly "Good Morning Papa!"

"It's not morning"

"Then good afternoon!"

"Good morning." Athanaris said groggily while getting up from where he lay in Claude's arms.

"Good morning." Claude answered and Athanasia sweat dropped.

'You said it's afternoon to me!! So bias'

"Let's get dinner. I'm hungry." Athanaris suggested while rubbing his still sleepy eyes cutely.

Athanasia was squealing inside, wanting to hug him very tight but refrained from doing so because of the Emperor's presence in the room, she might as well be dead is she do so.

The three were now on the dining table, Claude and Athanasia sat at each end of the table while Athanaris sat at his right.

"From your expression, I can tell that you have been well."

Athanasia smiled brightly once again "Papa and Big Brother are prettier too!"

Athanaris's eyebrows furrowed although not evident before it smoothed out to his normal calm expression.

"Let's eat. I made them prepare things you'd like."

"Thanks for the food!" Athanasia said before picking up her fork and knife, struggling with the stake and ended up embarrassed as the utensils were flanged in the air, before clattering down on the floor.

"You need to learn more etiquette. I'll send someone to your palace tommorow. Those you have been learning from have no class, so it's time you receive proper lessons, don't you think so Athanaris?"

Athanaris hummed, pleased by the food before nodding to his father and looking at Athanasia "It is but don't push yourself too hard Athanasia, you're still a child after all."

"Athy will do her best, Papa, Big Brother!"

And the rest of the dinner was spent in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 2.9K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
15.8K 354 32
"Please don't leave me ,why ...."as he wept a trembling hand reached out to him with warm touch caressing his face " you were - you are and you will...
384K 15.6K 75
[Complete] I am a 16 years old modern girl who has lived my whole life in the hospital due to an unknown illness. After I've died because of that ill...
97K 2.5K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...