π‘…π‘’π‘™π‘’π‘Žπ‘ π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘ƒβ„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘›οΏ½...

By rosavi_

𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐 π–”π–“π–Š ~ π–™π–π–Š π–•π–π–Šπ–”π–“π–Žπ– π–˜π–Šπ–—π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ Phoenix Lyra Vale was determined to make her last summer... More

π–œπ–Šπ–‘π–ˆπ–”π–’π–Š
// 𝖆 π–Š π–˜ 𝖙 𝖍 π–Š 𝖙 π–Ž π–ˆ π–˜ //
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–Šπ––π–šπ–Šπ–‘

65

28.9K 650 308
By rosavi_

~ phoenix ~

At some point I must have fell asleep out there because the next thing I knew was that I was being carried inside.

His strong grip brought back harsh memories - memories I was struggling to forget.

When I was tucked beneath the sheets, I remembered what it felt like to be warm. The heat was irresistable. Ilya's hard body slid behind me, pulling me carefully to his chest. I lay stiff, feeling my heart race.

Relax, I told myself.

The rough thumb that traced circles on my cold thigh helped slightly. The softness reminded me exactly who he was.

He would never hurt me, not intentionally.

Sighing, I felt my back begin to slightly arch towards him.

No, actually he could hurt me. He could break me. But he'd be the only one to heal me too.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I heard in my ear.

A gentle kiss was pressed against my hair.

Mustering all my courage, I rolled to face him, hesitantly looking up. I was relieved to find his eyes were the same glittering silver that I'd fallen in love with.

The thumb on my leg rose to caress my cheek.

Ilya met my gaze. I found guilt and sorrow in it, a hollow sadness that matched my own.

"Me too," I murmured eventually.

Slowly, he craned his neck, bringing his lips to mine. I welcomed the kiss, wanting his love to wash away the dried tears. The arms that had been stiff at my side, rose to his chest, scrunching the material of his t-shirt.

A dull ache appeared as I moved them. Furrowing my brows, I ignored it.

Sensing my discomfort, he pulled back, eyes scanning my body, and winced. I glanced to what had stolen his attention.

Like I'd predicted, there was a large dark bruise where his fingers had pressed before on my arm.

Grabbing his chin, I forced his eyes back to mine.

"It's okay," I whispered, softly, "it's okay."

Contorting with pain, Ilya's face turned away from mine. "I did that to you."

Pulling him back, my fingers found the fist that had smashed into Rina's door. Dried blood marred the broken skin.

"And I did this to you. I'm sorry, Ilya."

Clenching the fist, he snatched it from my grasp. "I-I was just so scared. They were-" And like he'd done before, his words were suddenly cut off by a sharp breath.

Seeing as he kept turning away from me, I used his chest to push me up on top. Straddling his waist, I grabbed his face, keeping it on mine.

"The Italians?" I asked with concern.

Ilya blew another breath, staring at me with mixed emotions. "It's fine-"

"Tell. Me."

Eyes trained on his, I pinned all my weight on him so he couldn't escape. Perhaps he could, but I would be prepared to fight again. He had to open up.

"Yes, the Italians," he admitted finally.

Sighing a breath I didn't know I was holding, I closed my eyes.

I found her eventually on the roof.

Mrs Fioretti always complained when she found us on the roof, repeating how unsafe it was. Today, almost tumbling in my homecoming dress, I understood her concern.

I bunched the material in my hands, stepping off the ledge to climb up.

On the highest point of the house, Gianna had a bottle in her grasp, eyes bloodshot as she stared blankly past me. It was her mom's prized Chardonnay. Damn.

After I settled beside her, I snatched it. Then, took a sip myself.

Silence embraced us.

"Go away," she eventually mumbled in a hoarse voice. "Get back to Josh."

"Josh who?" I retorted, swallowing another swig.

More silence.

Then, she complained. "You stole my drink."

"You stole my night."

Gia turned to me, a ferocious glare in her eyes. "Then, leave. Go. Away. Phoenix."

"Hey!" I exclaimed, "You never even let me finish." Clearing my throat, I recited in my best Tom Cruise accent, "You complete me."

Gia snorted, dryly.

"You make me want to be a better wo-man."

Her glare faltered and the sides of her mouth twitched.

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

The grin I anticipated never came. Damn, she was stubborn.

Then, mixing it up, I declared, "I'd rather be your whore than his date."

Triumphantly, I watched her unable to contain the smile.

"You said it wrong," she stated.

"It doesn't matter. Come back with me," I demanded. It was the least she could do after forcing me to quote the Titanic.

As quickly as it came, her amusement died away. "No."

Sighing, I said, "They're all assholes. That's why you're with me, hoe!"

"If you had a bigger dick, I would take you up on that offer," she mused, stealing the wine back.

I gasped, offended. "Hey! I measured it with a ruler. I'm nine entire inches!"

Gia snorted genuinely at that, the alcohol dribbling down her chin as she rushed to swallow it.

"How about we fuck his car up?"

"How about we fuck him up?"

Tutting, I wrinkled my nose. "You do that just fine alone."

Gianna scowled. "So does fucking Stacey."

Smirking, I whispered, "Guess where Tabby is right now."

Curiously, she glanced at me. "Where?"

"She may or may not have ruined a certain bitch's prom dress at your mom's boutique..." I trailed off, grinning.

"No. Way. Tabby?"

I raised a brow myself. "Yeah, I know. I had to bribe her."

Gianna narrowed her eyes at me. "Why didn't you do it?"

"Someone had to face Mrs Fioretti's wrath and you know how soft she is with Tabs," I smirked.

Absorbing this new knowledge, she smoothed the silky material of her dress.

"I'm still not going," she decided, obstinately.

"Ugh fine," I sighed, "I guess I'll just have to tell Luke that he waited downstairs for no reason."

With a sly smile, I began to move down. Like I predicted, seconds later, a hand clamped down on my wrist.

"Luke?" Gia squeaked, "I can't let him see me like this?"

Softly, I argued, "You look stunning, G."

"B-but-"

"And those pretty lavenders. Purple for someone special. I guess I'll just have to take them."

I grinned when she quickly blocked my route, ducking into the window before I did.

I found her fixing her hair when I slid in moments later.

Hooking my arm through hers, I pulled her towards the door.

Gianna followed me down the stairs to the front room, where both Tabitha and Lukas were conversing. I winked at the blonde, who grinned back at me.

Noticing our presence, Luke held the flowers out to a flushing Gianna. She hesitated.

Why was she hesitating? It was the alcohol, wasn't it? I stared at her expectantly, even nudging her.

Eventually, she said, "Thanks... but no thanks."

My mouth fell open when she offered her arm to me instead.

Ignoring my surprise, she dragged me out of the front door towards my jeep.

Fishing for the keys in my purse, I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot. Like the perfect date, I even opened her door for her.

"Where to, ma'am?" I laughed.

Gianna grinned at me, eyes sparkling brighter than they had before.

"To the stars."

The memory flashed through my mind like a bolt of lightning. It was electricity in my veins, jolting me to my senses. The current set fire to my buried emotions, rekindling everything. All the dreams. All the love. All the hope.

Suddenly, I knew exactly what I had to do.

"Phoenix," Ilya murmured, bringing me back to the room, to him.

Meeting his confused gaze, I remembered Lav's words. He was a saviour to so many. Now, it was my turn.

I smiled at him. "Thank you. For doing this."

His brows furrowed.

Before he could ask, I leaned down to press a slow kiss to his lips. No encouragement was needed for him to reciprocate.

Bathing in the delicious sparks, I thought about my mission. My duty to everyone I loved.

Every new friend. Every old friend.

Savouring his lips for what would be one of the last times for a long while, I smiled again.

I couldn't stop. It finally made sense.

There was an all-encompassing desire to set things right. It resounded in my mind, showing me pictures of a better life. There was a possibility to cease the fear and pain. To heal an ancient division.

I could do it. We could.

NOTE:
Till next time, hoes.
xo, Rosavi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 10.2K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ β€’β€’ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
44.6K 1.8K 24
-𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„- ~𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ‚πˆπ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’~ [CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES] ~β€’~ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 π‘π”π’π’πŽ A...
83.5K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...
23.5K 265 47
[ EDITING ] 'Everyone one knew that she was his and only his' Massimo and lrina have been friends since Massimo saw Lrina at the Meeting and bec...