Wildfire - H.S

By harryfineline

Soulmates, sunflowers, hot air balloons, ballet, wildfire and music. ----- EXCERPT: "Why do you always call m... More

Important information
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

30

4.1K 146 130
By harryfineline

"Harry, if you write one more sex position, or anything related, I will stop playing with you immediately." I look into his eyes, furrowing my eyebrows watching him place down the tiles to spell out 'cowgirl'.

It wouldn't be so bad, if the word before hadn't been 'reverse'. And the word before that being 'doggy'. And the one before that being 'sex'.

And not to mention when he tried to use two blank tiles as '6' and '9'.

I really regret suggesting to play scrabble right now.

But his dumb, cute, contagious laugh he makes after every word he places onto the board only means I can't get annoyed at him.

"Hmm, well it looks like I'm going to need to switch all my tiles then." He teases with a wink, a cheeky smile spreading across his lips.

I don't doubt he's telling the truth for a second.

"You are so much like Es." I shake my head, standing up from the couch and making my way into his kitchen.

Harry's footsteps follow slightly behind.

"Oh come on, what's that supposed to mean?" He questions, slowly walking up behind me and tugging at the bottom of his shirt I'm wearing so it covers my ass a little more.

His clothes are far more comfortable than mine, and he insists I wear it. Apparently he prefers his clothes when I wear them, in which my response was calling him stupid, and then trying to get him into my lace bralette and tennis skirt.

He got one arm in before I heard the material starting to be torn apart.

Harry is incredibly muscular, especially when compared to me.

"It means, all you think about is sex." I can't help but giggle as I whisper the words to him, searching through his very bare fridge.

"Only when I'm with you." He laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head into my neck.

"Oh, like that's any better." My sarcastic tone makes him snicker against my neck which sends shivers through my body and I squirm in response.

It doesn't help that the hood of his grey dressing gown is tickling my neck as well, he's very cuddly today.

I settle on a carton of cherries to snack on. I've been hungrier than usual today but I think that's mostly due to the amount of work I've been doing recently. Constant. Day after day after day, it's just dancing.

Today is one of the few days I've been able to rest. I have no work and no rehearsals, so Harry made sure the whole day was kept free so he could spend all day with me.

He originally offered to take me out to dinner, or on a date out somewhere. But I am too exhausted, and I think he felt the same. So we agreed to just stay at his place and order Thai food for dinner, rather than getting dressed up to go out somewhere.

So far today, it's been 'comfy clothes' also known as him in just a dressing gown and me in his shirt, board games and wine.

Which is far more my kind of date than actually going out to dinner.

But the board games are about to come to an end if Harry carries on with his childish antics.

He follows me like a lost puppy as I walk back into the living room and the second I see his scrabble letters lined up to spell out 'penis', I let out a loud sigh.

"That's it. I'm done playing this game with you." I throw my hands up in surrender to which Harry only bursts out into laughter at my frustrated voice.

"Okay, okay, fine. Probably best because I didn't have enough letters for missionary." Harry shrugs in all seriousness.

"Harry." I squeal, surprised by his words again. Even though by now I should be used to how much he teases.

"What, I thought you loved it? I thought it was your-"

"Harry." I squeal even louder this time, my voice sounding like a squeak, immediately cutting him off mid sentence.

"Lighten up Evie, I'm only kidding." He winks but the sly smirk on his face is telling me he's getting far more entertainment from this then he's letting on.

"I need to send some emails, I know we said no work but I forgot I was supposed to send Isaac some notes from the video he sent me. Can you pass me my laptop, it's in my bag." I notion my hand down to my handbag that's by the couch.

I know I told H no work related anything today, but I may have forgotten to send him the notes I promised I'd send him today.

"And I need a kiss." He pouts his lips but when I don't budge he huffs, taking short strides over to the couch, and reaching down to my bag as I pop another cherry into my mouth with a smug expression.

"Erm, Evie. Your laptop isn't in here." He cautiously looks up to me.

"I must've left it on the counter at home, I'll call Es. I'm sure she won't mind dropping it off." I throw my head back in a groan before I sulk into Harry's room because it's where I left my phone last.

Harry follows me again. It's like there's an invisible rope tied to both of us with the way he follows me.

He flops down onto the bed, his dressing gown falling undone so he's fully exposed besides the black boxers he's in. My eyes scan his torso, admiring all of his tattoos and when I look up to his face I notice his eyes focused on the sunflower that's inked on my thigh.

I quickly walk to the bedside cabinet, feeling flustered from the way he was staring at me, grabbing my phone and dialing Esme's number.

Harry leaves me be, ringing Es, pulling his guitar up to lay against his chest as he shuffles up the bed a little more so he can strum soft melodies on it.

After a few rings, Esme picks up the phone.

"Hiya sweet E, everything okay?" She asks into the phone.

"Yea, I'm at Harry's and I need my laptop but I left it on the counter. Would you be able to drop it off, I have a couple emails I really need to send." I plead, feeling a little guilty for asking.

"I can, but I'm currently babysitting Dani." She responds and I hit the palm of my hand to my forehead.

"Shi- Sorry, I forgot she's with you today."

"No it's fine, just text me Harry's address and I'll bring her with me, I know she won't mind seeing Harry. I mean we've been singing One Direction all morning." She laughs into the phone and I glance over to Harry who's so oblivious right now it's cute.

He thinks it sweet that Esme's such a fan of his. I think it's funny.

"Thank you Es. I owe you." I say into the phone, biting the tip of my thumb to stop myself from smiling.

She hangs up, telling me she was on her way and should be here in half an hour or so.

I pull open my message thread, clicking on her name and sending her a link to Harry's address.

Thankfully, Harry trusts Es just as much as I trust her to not leak his address on some sort of fan group thing.

As I'm about to close the thread, I notice an unopened message from Michael with his mothers number attached.

I forgot I needed to call her.

"Hey, H. I'm just going to call Michael's mom quick." I inform him while he fiddles around with his phone before placing it on the bed next to him and lightly strums the guitar strings.

He only nods in agreement, throwing a cherry at me before popping one into his own mouth.

The phone line rings for a little while longer before the line picks up and I can hear the crackling of the other end.

"Coucou, c'est Evie. (hello, it's Evie.)" I quickly begin, being slightly taken back by the line picking up.

"Salut Evie. (hello Evie.)" Her tired voice rings through the phone and it's nice talking to her again.

"Tu dors? (are you sleeping?)" I question, forgetting about the time difference. I'm not sure exactly what time it is there now, but I know there's a large time difference.

I slowly walk around the bed, leaning against the chest of drawers, keeping my eyes on Harry who's still playing soft music on his guitar.

"Non, il est temps que j'aurais dû être éveillé. (No, it's about time I should've been awake.)" She laughs back into the receiver.

"Oh, j'suis désolée. (Oh, I'm sorry.)" I apologize.

"Ta voix est un bon réveil. (Your voice is a nice wakeup call.)" She speaks through a yawn, followed with a laugh.

"Bah non, nan, c'est pas marrant. (No, nah, it's not funny.)" I giggle back, her laugh being infectious.

"Je suis censée rencontrer Aella à la plage. (I'm supposed to meet Aella at the beach.)" Aella is Michaels younger sister.

"Ouais, t'es à la plage et maintenant- (Yea, you're at the beach and now-)" I begin before she interjects.

"Non, je ne le suis pas encore. Je pars bientôt. (No, I am not yet. I'm leaving soon)" She corrects me.

"Parfait. (Perfect.)" I reply, taking a seat next to Harry on the bed starting to eat some of the cherries that are there in the bowl.

I finish talking to Michaels mother, congratulating her on the gallery opening. And just as I hang up the call the front doorbell goes.

Harry gives me a side look, turning off his phone from whatever he was doing before tying his dressing gown up to cover himself more.

I reach for my white tennis skirt and when I bend over to grab it I feel Harry slap my ass. I give him a glaring look and he only smirks in response.

Once I tuck Harry's shirt into my dress, I walk to the front door with Harry's arms holding my waist as I do so.

"You're so lucky you have an ama-zayn friend like me." Esme holds my laptop out as I open the door. Of course she emphasizes amazing to sound like Zayn.

Typical.

"Thank you, you life saver." I praise, taking it from her and wrapping my arms around it like it's a child. Or a cat.

"It's not a problem." She smiles, noticing how I'm in Harry's shirt, but I quickly glare at her to make sure she doesn't say anything about it. The last thing I need is her making an inappropriate joke in front of Dani.

"Do you two want to come in for a drink or something." Harry questions from over my shoulder.

Esme's eyes light up and her and Dani both exchange quick glances.

"Funny you should ask, because me and Dani wanted to show you something." She explains, her voice full of suspicion and I know her too well, and that face never correlates to a good idea.

I only dread to think what she's gone and thought of now.

"Come on in." Harry nods his head, unlatching himself from me to head into the living room.

I stand at the door, waiting for Dani and Esme to follow him in and I give them both a suspecting look. In which Dani shrugs her shoulders, trying to contain her laughter, clearly trying to let on less than she knows.

The door closes behind them and I lock it, before trailing behind them into the room Harry went into.

He's sat up on the sofa, one leg crossed over the other with his arms stretched out on the backrest.

Esme watches as I go and take a seat next to him, his arm wrapping around my shoulders while I cuddle into him. I genuinely think she's happy for me, and happy for herself that she can be around him.

Both Es and Dani are standing in front of the television, Esme tapping away at her phone and I look up to Harry who's making silly faces at Dani, in response she's trying not to burst out into a fit of giggles.

It's so heartwarming to watch.

Esme quickly places her phone onto the coffee table, acting as if it's about to explode before tapping the screen one last time.

Immediately after she stands back up, brushing her hands down her dress I hear what's playing from her phone speakers.

She can be such an embarrassment sometimes.

"Stained coffee cup. Just a fingerprint of lipstick's not enough"

I hide my head in Harry's body, hearing his laughter makes me smile. But I know exactly what's coming.

It doesn't take long until the chorus begins, and as soon as it does, I peep through my hands, catching a glimpse of both Dani and Es belting the lyrics and doing the dance from carpool karaoke.

"Waking up beside you, I'm a loaded gun

I can't contain this anymore

I'm all yours, I've got no control, no control"

My eyes don't stay focused on them for too long though, rather I change my focus and look up at Harry who's smiling so brightly that his dimples show and the corner of his eyes are crinkled.

And I can vaguely make out him mouthing the along with the lyrics.

I know, I know, you all want them to figure out they're soulmates... But, we have a few more events until we get there. Plus, I don't think you're gonna like how they find out... That's all I'm gonna say

Anyway until then... stay smiley 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.4K 5K 35
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
968K 36.6K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2.3M 116K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...