Teach Your Heart Out

By FallenTorment16

Sorren swore to be single until she found a guy worth her time. After scoring her first teaching job at the l... More

Teach Your Heart Out
Chapter 1 - First Day
Chapter 3 - Mistake After Mistake
Chapter 4 - My Ass Hurts
Chapter 5 - Brown Eyed Bad Boy
Chapter 6 - Too Many Choices
Chapter 7 - Welcome Back Part 1
Chapter 8 - Welcome Back Part 2
Chapter 9 - Whoops
Chapter 10 - Nixon To The Rescue
Chapter 11 - About Nixon
Chapter 12 - Girls Weekend (Day One)
Chapter 13 - Girls Weekend (Day Two)
Chapter 14 - Heart To Heart
Chapter 15 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 16 - Tomato Face
Chapter 17 - Retail Therapy
Chapter 18 - Meet My Mom's
Chapter 19 - White Tiger

Chapter 2 - Lunch Time

119 3 1
By FallenTorment16

I taught my first two classes no problem. But, Nixon's eyes were staring holes in the side of my head all first hour. It was getting a little too distracting, but by the time I was about to snap, the bell rang and the class left. The next class was decent, not too much trouble.

Lunch finally rolled around and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Ready for lunch?" A deep voice asked.

I let out a quiet squeak and jumped in my chair. My head whipped around to see who scared the hell out me, and I found Kingdon standing in my doorway with a smile on his handsome face.

"Come on." He whipped his head to the side, getting some hair out of his blue eyes.

"Where?" I asked hesitantly, eyeing him with curiosity.

He rolled his beautiful eyes and smirked. "Just come on."

Since I knew I wasn't going to get out of it, I sighed and grabbed my purse from one of the drawers in my desk and walked over to him.

We walk out to the semi-empty hallways and two girls catch my eye. Mostly because they're glaring at me like I just killed a baby dolphin and fed the remains to a lion. My eyes dart forward.

You can't let these girls get to you, Sorren. I say to myself.

"Ladies." Kingdon greets with a smile and a nod of the head.

The girls smile sweetly and wave. "Hello, Mr. Blake."

I look over my shoulder at them as we pass, and they just gave me another glare. "Strange..." I mutter.

"What?" Kingdon asks.

"Oh, nothing." I answer.

We get to the parking lot, and there's a group of kids gathered at one of the lunch tables. I look over, and a certain pair of brown eyes catch mine.

Nixon gives me a smirk and I face forward again. I can't let this boy get to me. For one, he's my student, and if I recall that's illegal and I could get fired, which I really don't want. Second, I told myself the day I got this job, knowing that it was a possibility that someone could get attracted to me, that I wouldn't date a man until I thought he was worth my time. And so far, I don't see Nixon being worth my time. Mostly because of his age and of legal reasons. And lastly, even though I do find myself blushing when he looks at me, I know it's nothing but his looks that are doing that to me. I don't even know the kid for crying out loud!

"Sorren. Get in the car." Kingdon says, waving his hand in front of my face.

I blink and see that we're at his car, and I'm standing there like an idiot, staring off into space, while he's holding th car door open for me.

"Sorry." I whisper, and get into the car.

"Don't be sorry. Just get in so I can treat a beautiful lady to lunch." He smiles softly.

"This isn't a date or something is it?" I ask hesitantly, eyeing his face to make sure he isn't trying to play any games with me to try and get a date.

"I would do no such thing!" He chuckles, lightly pushing me into the car and shuts the door. I look over at the lunch tables and Nixon is glaring in my direction. One of his friends hits him on the shoulder, and he finally stops his stink eye.

The drivers side door opens and then closes quickly. "Ready to go?"

I turn my head to look at Kingdon and nod slightly.

"Alrighty, let's go then." He chuckles and starts the car. We pull out of the parking lot, and my eyes are on the boy sitting at the picnic tables, staring back at me. There's something about that boy that just draws me to him. Maybe it's his chocolate brown eyes. The way they just stare at me, makes me think he's staring into the depths of my soul. Or maybe it's his bad boy look. I don't know, but I won't let him get to me. Not ever.

"What are you thinking about?" Kingdon asks, making my attention go back to him.

"Nothing important." I sigh, looking out the window. I roll it down, feeling the cool breeze fan my face and blow through my hair. My eyes close and I take a deep breath. It's days like today that I love. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. Not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect.

I could feel Kingdon's eyes on me, watching what I'm doing. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask quietly, my eyes still shut.

"I can't look at you?" He chuckled.

My eyes snap open. "No. Not without a good reason."

Stupid, I know. But what else could I say? 'No you can't look at me because I can feel your eyes on me and that just turns me to goo.' Yeah, that's never going to happen.

"Fiesty." He chuckled, turning into a diner.

"So, Kingdon. How many girls have you brought here?" I ask, stepping out of the car. My eyes look at his and I see him pause, looking at me with disbeliefe. "That many?" I chuckle.

"I can explain." He starts.

"No need." I begin walking towards the diner. Free food! Can't pass that up!

 I walk into the cute diner. Inside is decorated like an old 80's diner, white and red walls, old records are on the walls along with a few pictures of some celebrities from the 80's. The radio was filling the diner with noise, along with the sizzling from the grill in the back and the ringing from the cash register. Tables were set up all over the diner with some booths. A few of the tables were occupied by parties of two.

"Hi there. Just take a seat anywhere, dear." An elderly woman dressed in a light pink diner outfit told me. I smiled at her and walked over to a booth.

Kingdon takes the seat across from me. "Sorren, I can explain."

 I smile kindly at him. "I don't care, Kingdon. Let it go. It's not this is a date. Hell, I wouldn't even go out with you."

I need to let this guy know he's not going to charm his way into my life. Sure, he's attractive as hell with his crystal eyes, muscular body, auburn hair, and those lips...Either way, this guy isn't getting anything out of me. He screams 'player' and I don't want to put myself through any drama that can come with that.

His crystal blue eyes bore into my face. "Why not?"

"I'm not interested in dating." I say simply, looking around the diner.

"I think you're lying."

I turn to face him, looking him straight in the eye. "I am not lying, Mr. Blake. Get that through your head."

Before he could say anything, the elderly lady that welcomed us in came to our table. She handed us menu's and took our orders. We ate in complete silence. I didn't mind it personally, it's better than him trying to get me to date him.

Kingdon paid for lunch, and I thanked him with a smile, walking back to the car. I opened the door and got in, buckling up. He did the same and we were off to the school again to teach afternoon classes.

When he parked the car, I got out without hesitation. I walked to the front of the school, we were a little early getting back so there was a few groups of kids still sitting outside enjoying the weather. I went inside the school, my mind wondering. Due to my wondering mind, I wasn't watching where I was going, so I slammed into someone, causing us to fall to the ground with the person on top of me.

I groaned. I need to stop running into people...

"Just can't keep your hands off me can you, Ms. Kanes?" That deep voice chuckled from above me.

My eyes snapped open and connected with sparkling brown ones. My heart started to race and a blush came to my face.

"I...Uh..." Was all I could get out.

Nixon smiled at me, making me blush harder.

"You're really pretty when you blush." He whispered as his thumb lightly stroked my cheek, making me turn beet red as the tingles became stronger the longer his skin was touching mine.

Is it possible for my heart to jump out of my chest? Because I think it just did.

"Nixon! What the fuck are you doing man?" A deep voice asked from down the hall.

Nixon sighed, his minty cool breath hitting my face, making me want to kiss those lips and feel the coolness of his lip ring.

Woah! Sorren, what is going one with you?! You can't have those thoughts about your student!

"I guess we should be getting off the floor, huh?" He chuckled lightly, removing his body from mine and getting up, holding a hand out for me.

I grabbed it and with the help of Nixon, I was able to get off the floor without flashing the hallway my underwear.

"I'll be there in a second, Bentley." Nixon called to his friend down the hall.

"Dude, hurry up!" The boy yelled, running down a random hall.

Nixon held my hand tightly, sending tingles up my arm. He looked both ways down the hall, then pulled me into an empty classroom, locking the door.

"Nixon, what are you doing?" I asked, walking up to him.

"Look, Ms. Kanes, I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I'm just going with my gut." He told me, staring into my eyes.

"And what exactly is it telling you?"

"To kiss you." He breathed, grabbing my hand and bringing me closer to him.

My breathing hitched and my heart started to pound in my chest. "Wh-what?"

"Can I kiss you? Please?" His face was getting closer, I could smell his minty breath.

I don't know what made me say it, but I did.

"Yes." I whispered.

Do I have any regrets? I'll find out.

**************************************************************************************************

There it is guys!!

Sorry it took forever! Wasn't in the mood, then I was finishing school.

SENIOR YEAR!!! I officially graduate high school next Wednesday :D

But here's the update and I hope you like it!

Tell me your thoughts!!!!!!!!

I'll try to update soon! Got grad parties and such, but I'll do my best!

:D -Fallentorment16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 17.7K 61
I open the doors to my new school. Eager yet bored, since this has happened so many times in my life. Im so done with having to change schools. As i...
1.6K 12 14
Britney is in high school. Over the summer she meets this hot guy. She starts hanging out with him, and helps him out around the town as he is new to...
2.6K 145 68
So who will it be for this hopelessly unromantic girl? The brooding best friend? Or the young and unquestionably attractive substitute teacher? They...
23.7K 583 17
Kristina or Kris is in her senior year of school and is looking forward to it but she will hate that year for the rest of her life due to her new PE...