𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND

2.4K 89 33
By _devilishEJ_

Chapter Sixty-Three
Memory Found

"The tunnel gate's locked. Everything is locked." Lydia said as she ran into the bunker and Scott closed and locked the door behind him. "Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked as she walked up to them, "Probably not." Scott said and Lydia shook her head. "Definitely not." She said. 

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia asked before they walked over to the ice box. "So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked as he walked up to it, "Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same thing as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive." Lydia explained. 

"So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked, looking at Lydia crazy, "It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state." Lydia said and Scott raised his eyebrows. "Like hypnosis." He said and Lydia nodded, "Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." She said and Malia glanced around. 

"This says "start." So, maybe it's not that complicated." Malia said, pointing at a button on the side while Scott looked at the other side where a bunch of knobs and dials where. "...It's complicated." 

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked and Scott looked over at her, "As much time as Liam, Charles and  Stilinski can buy us." He said. 

Malia pressed the start button and the box came to life. "Okay. It's doing something." Malia said and they nodded, "Whose going first?" Lydia asked. "I'll go." Malia said making them look at her, "Are you sure? I can go." Scott asked and Malia nodded. "I'm sure." She said before taking her shirt off. She looked at them before slowly walking into the box and closing the door. She looked at them through the small window and nodded making Lydia lock it. 

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So, if something feels wrong, or, like it's not working..." Lydia trailed off and Malia just nodded, "It's going to work." Scott said and Lydia looked at him and raised her eyebrows. "I hope you're not saying that because you think we know what we're doing." She said and he nodded slightly, "I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out." 

Lydia sighed softly and nodded before turning all the dials making cold air blow into the box. "So, what are we supposed to do? Talk to her? Help her remember?" Scott asked looking over at Lydia. 

"We need to guide her, keep her focused." Lydia said before looking over at Malia, "Malia, you have to think about them. Concentrate on Stiles and Odette. Try to picture them in your head. Think about what they look like, things they've said." She said and Malia nodded. All of the sudden the machine made a noise and started beeping making them look around alarmed. 

"I don't like this. Something's wrong." Scott asked and Lydia shook her head slightly, "Wait. Give it a few more seconds." She said. Malia groans slightly before slamming her hand down on the window, "I'm getting her out of there." Scott said and went to grab one of the handles but Lydia grabbed his arm. 

"Wait!" She said when she saw Malia relaxing, "Malia... Can you hear me?" She asked calmly and Malia looked up with blue eyes. She didn't say anything for a few seconds before her eyes started fluttering, "Malia, don't fall asleep. You have to keep your eyes open." She said. 

"I'm trying..." She mumbled and Lydia sigh softly, "It's not sleep. I think you're losing consciousness... And, if you do that, I think we're gonna lose you." Lydia said and Malia didn't say anything as her eyes kelt fluttering. "Malia, stay awake! Malia!" Scott yelled. 

"You know, just because you're related to him, doesn't mean you're like him."  Malia heard Odette's voice echo as she walked down the hallway of the Martin house hold before walking into a room. She froze slightly when she saw a figure, leaning against a desk, flicker in and out of existence. 

"Maybe I am. That night I caused the car crash..." She hear her own voice say and then finally everything went clearer. 

"You mean when you were out,of control on a full moon." Odette said and Malia shook her head, still not looking at her, "There's a part I didn't tell you about. Right before we got in the car, my mother... my adoptive mother, I guess... we got into this huge fight. I don't even remember what it was about, but... I remember what I said." 

"Malia-" 

"I said, "I wish you were all dead." Malia said and Odette sighed softly, "Killing doesn't run in a family." She said. "Maybe it does in mine." Malia said and Odette nodded slightly, "Then it does for mine too." She said and Malia finally looked at her. 

"When my mother killed my father, I moved to London with my father's best friend. I lived there for five years and I had a best friend. I also got panic attacks every time someone would raise their voice at me, and I always lost control during a panic attack. There was day where my best friend was over and I had a panic attack and lost control.. " Odette trailed of a bit as she leaned against her desk, looking down at the ground. 

"I didn't know what happened until I gained control and there was blood on my hands." She said, looking back up at Malia who was staring at her, "We may be the daughter of bad people and me may have accidentally done things we regret... but it doesn't mean we're bad people." ** 

They watched worriedly as Malia seemed to be in a trance. "Malia, try to find them." Lydia said as Malia glanced around the box but it was obvious he was seeing something else, "Try to find them in your memories." She said calmly. "Find them in any memory! Good or bad!" She said and she frantically glanced around. 

"What's happening to her?" Scott asked worriedly and Lydia shook her head, "I don't know." She said. "She doesn't look good. She looks...Lost." Scott said and Lydia nodded and sighed, "Because she is. I think it's too much information. Like she's getting buried under all the memories, being overloaded by them." She explained and Scott looked over at her. 

"So what do we do to help her?" 

"Malia? Malia, do you hear me? You have to try to focus!" Lydia yelled as she lightly tapped on the window. "You hear that?" Scott asked after a few minutes as he walked over to the door, "Thunder?" Lydia asked as Scott listened for a moment. "Maybe." He said and Lydia sighed, "This isn't working." She said looking over at Malia who now had her hands to her ears. 

"Then we have to figure something else out." Scott said as he walked back over, "I know. I know." Lydia said. "Is she gonna freeze to death in there?" Scott asked and Lydia sighed, "If her memories don't kill her first." She said. 

"There has to be another way to do this... isn't there?" Scott asked and Lydia shrugged anxiously, "I don't know! This is my first attempt at trying to open a dimensional rift in space-time, so I'm kind of fumbling around in the dark, okay?" She said. 

"I'm getting her out." Scott said and Lydia grabbed his arm, "Wait-" She said making him look at her. "What?" Scott asked, "I'm not the only one fumbling around in the dark." Lydia said and Scott just looked at her confused. "What does that mean?" 

"We have to treat this more like actual hypnosis. They use images to guide you through memories. Like a stairwell- the steps take you down through one year of your life to the next. That's how they regress you back. So, she needs to imagine something." Lydia explained. "What do we tell her?" Scott asked and Lydia looked back at Scott. 

"Malia? Can you hear me?" She asked calmly. "Malia, listen... Imagine you're in the library. There's book all around the place " Lydia said calmly and waited a moment. "Can you see yourself there? Are you in the library now?" She asked, "I'm here. I'm in the library." Malia said, calm now. 

"Can you see the books?" 

"I see them." Malia said and Lydia glanced at Scott for a second before looking back at Malia. "Concentrate on them. The books on the shelves are your memories- everything that's ever happened to you. Find the shelf that has all your memories of Stiles and Odette. Try to find a memory where you made some kind of connection with them." She said calmly. 

Malia picked up a book and opened it before seeing herself back in Eichen House right as she punched Stiles making her quickly shut the book. 

"Did you find something?"  She heard Lydia asked, "I definitely connected."  She said before picking up another book and instantly got transported into another memory. 

** "Malia." Odette said as she softly shook Malia's shoulder making her look at her, "Stiles and I gotta leave for a few, okay?" She said and Malia frowned slightly. "Where are you going?" She asked and Odette sighed softly, "Whatever's happening? It's worse for you guys. That means it's not just people getting sick- it's another assassin. And I can't heal you guys if I don't what kind if virus this is." Odette said. 

"You're coming back, right?" Malia asked and Odette smiled and nodded, "Of course I am. We don't leave each other behind remember?" She said and Malia smiled weakly and nodded. Odette smiled softly at her before standing up and walking over to Stiles who was waiting for her by the door. ** 

Malia sucked in a deep breath before closing the book, blinking away tears as she picked up another one. This time it was a memory of both Stiles and Odette. 

** "Just breathe, okay? I'm not going to leave you and apparently neither is he." Odette said and Malia groaned. 

"What if I hurt you?" Malia asked and Odette sighed softly, "You're not going to." She said and Malia groaned in pain again. "But I want to. Ugh! I look at your face and I want to slash at it! I want to tear at it! I want to feel your bones crack between my hands!" She said making Odette glance back at Stiles who looked at her with pursed lips, "Surprisingly enough, you're not the first person to ever say something like that..." 

Malia growled again and pulled on her restraints, "I'm not leaving you. And I'm not going to let you hurt anyone. We've been over this before." Odette said and Malia growled and flashed her blue eyes. 

She pulled against the restraints until the sound a ripping made her stop and look down to see the leather cuff had ripped more. "You're not going to have a choice." She said and Odette sighed softly and gestured for Stiles to scoot back some which he did. 

All of the sudden the cuff ripped making Malia shoot forward Stiles stumbled back while Odette grabbed Malia's wrist to keep her from going any farther. 

"Okay, Malia... I know you can hear me. Just listen to my voice." Odette said calmly as Malia growled in her face, "Listen to mine- run!" Malia yelled but Odette didn't move. "I'm not going to run, because I know you're not going to hurt me or Stiles... And I think maybe you're so afraid of hurting us because of what you did to your family." Odette said and Stiles nodded slightly as Malia turned around to start pulling against the chain. 

"I know what that's like. I remember everything I did-" He said, glancing at Odette who looked back at him, "And the worst part is, I remember liking it. Because I felt. powerful. I felt fearless. And most of all, in control. But, when I came through it, I learned something else... Control is overrated." Stiles said and he came up to stand behind Odette. 

Malia glanced back at them until Odette stepped forward to do what her father did once to her. She unlocked the restraint and Malia instantly shot forward but Odette grabbed her wrists while Stiles stepped back. "Malia." Odette said as she flashed her eyes and Malia fought against her for a second before calming down. 

Malia looked at her hands that had gone back to normal before looking up at Odette who smiled proudly when she saw Malia was human, "See, you did it."  ** 

"Malia?" Lydia asked when she noticed Malia had closed her eyes, "Malia, open your eyes." Scott said. "Malia, can you hear us?" Lydia asked but Malia didn't make a move or sound. "Open your eyes Malia." Scott said and then all of the sudden Malia's eyes shot open and her hand pressed on the window. 

Scott instantly went to get the door open but Lydia tapped his arm. "Scott, look! Something's happening." She said making them follow her line of sight to see a bright green light shine through the greats as the room shook slightly. 

Lydia looked back at the box when she heard Malia gasp. "She's freezing to death. We need to get her out." Lydia said before quickly unlocking it and opening the door. Malia instantly fell out and sucked in a deep breath before looking around. "Why'd you bring me out?" She asked and Lydia sighed softly, "You were gonna freeze to death." She said and Scott nodded. 

"We had to." He said and Malia sighed, "Nothing happened, did it? It didn't work." She asked as Scott helped her up and Scott and Lydia glanced at each other. "Something happened but I dont think it was enough." Lydia said and Malia turned back to the box, 
"I'm going back in." She said and went to walk back into it but Scott grabbed her arm. 

"No, you're not!" He said making her turn to him, "It was working. Something happened, I could feel it." She said and Lydia nodded and stepped forward. "Nothing more is going to happen if you kill yourself." She said before handing Malia a blanket. Malia sighed softly before walking over to sit on a chair. 

Scott stared at the ice box before taking his shirt off, "I'm going in." He said before going to step forward but Lydia grabbed his arms. "It's to dangerous." She said and he sighed and shook his head, "Not as dangerous as doing nothing. I can handle it, maybe not as good as Malia but I can still handle it." He said making her sigh before letting him go. 

He walked into the ice box, closing the door as Malia walked over to them. Lydia pressed start and a blast of cold air blew into the box making Scott gasp slightly. "Oh, okay. All right. Yeah, that's cold. Really cold." He said as he rubbed the sides of his arms. 

"Scott? Can you hear me?" Lydia asked calmly. "Imagine this you're in the high school, in the corridor where all the lockers are. Just try to imagine standing there. That's where your memories are. They're all in the lockers. They're locked away behind each one. Every memory of Stiles and Odette is in a separate locker. Scott, you're there... in the high school... you're standing there now." She said calmly.  

Scott glanced around the hallway of the school before slowly opening a locker and instantly getting sucked into a vision. 

** "Where's Stiles?" Odette asked and Scott didn't answer her right away, "Scott." She said and he sighed. "He left." He said and she squinted at him slightly, "Did he leave or did you tell him to leave?" She asked. 

He didnt answer her making her chuckle dryly, "Did you even ask him for his story?" She asked and he looked at her, "Odie, he killed someone." He said and she scoffed. "So have I!" She yelled and flashed her blue eyes, "The only differences is I didn't use self-defense and Donovan wasn't an innocent." She said and he sighed and looked away from her. 

"If you can hate Stiles for what he's done, than you can do the same to me because I'm worse than him."** 

Scott quickly slammed the locker shut and glanced around. "Lydia, I need your help. I don't think I can do this. I can't figure it out." 

"Keep looking." Lydia's voice echoed, "There are memories, but I don't know which one's the right one. What am I supposed to do?" 

"Find another memory. Just find another memory." 

Scott glanced around before noticing the two lockers next to each other that he felt a pull to when this all started. He walked over to them before slowly opening on and instantly getting sucked into a memory. 

** A knock sounded from his door making Scott look up to see Odette standing in the doorway. "Hey." He said and she smiled awkwardly, "Uh- Isaac and my Uncle just left." She said and he furrowed his brows slightly. 

"You're not going with them?" He asked and she shook her head, "Despite everything that's happened in this town since I came here, I like it here. I've made more friends here then I did in France. I uh- Lydia's mom is letting me stay with them." She said and he nodded. 

"So, why did you come here?" He asked and she shrugged as she leaned against the door frame, "Wanted to check on you. I know how you felt about her." She said and he smiled sadly at her. "I'm... dealing. How about you?" He asked and she smiled softly and shrugged slightly, "Wishing I spent more time with my Argent side of the family." She said. 

She let out a shaky breath as she glanced down while tears burned her eyes, "Hey." Scott said as he walked over to her and gently grabbed her shoulder making her look at him. "We're gonna be okay, all of us." He said and she bit her lip slightly and nodded but a tear still fell down her face. 

"I just wish I could have saved her." She said in a slightly whisper and he nodded before bring her into a comforting hug that they both needed. ** 

"It's getting too cold. He's getting too cold." Lydia said as she stared at Scott worriedly until Malia tapped her arm, "Lydia, look." She said. Lydia looked up to see that same glowing light, "He's remember at least one of them." Lydia said. "Odette..." Scott mumbled making them turn to him again, "He remembers Odette." Lydia said then an idea popped into Malia's head. 

"Scott? Scott, can you hear me? At the start of the year, Stiles was trying to find a place for you guys to live after graduation. He said you were getting an apartment together. And I remember saying something to Stiles, something like "it's not always a good idea to live with your friends, even your best friend. But Stiles said it wouldn't matter, because you weren't just friends- you guys were more like brothers." 

Malia's voice echoed as Scott opened the locker next to the last one. His eyebrows furrowed before reaching into the locker and pulling out a flare. He stared at it for a moment before getting sucked into a vision. 

** "Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone. You're- Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother, all right?" He looks down at the line of gasoline leading toward the pool in which Scott stands. 

"So... So, if you're gonna do this, then..." Stiles says as he steps into the line of gasoline. One careful but deliberate step at a time, Stiles approaches Scott. He reaches out. Scott's fingers tighten around the flare. But Stiles gently grasps it and slowly pulls it from his hand. As the others breathe in relief, Stiles tosses the sparking flare aside.** 

Scott fell out the ice box and Malia and Lydia instantly caught him as he took a deep breath. "What? What's wrong? Why did you pull me out?" He asked and Lydia sighed, "Your heart rate dropped- you were gonna die." She  said. 

But before anyone could say anything else the room suddenly started shaking and glowing green making them look around. They glanced at each other before running outside the room to see a bright light glowing at the end of the tunnel. They stared at it for a moment before seeing a male figure within the light making Scott's eyed widen. 

"Stiles? Stiles is that you? Keep going!" He called out. A few seconds later the light slowly diminished but the tunnel was completely empty making them glance around confused. "What happened? He was right there." Scott said, turning back to the girls, "You saw him right? He was right there. Stiles was right there." He said and the girls nodded. 

"Maybe... Maybe we all have to remember them. They were taken together so maybe we all have to remember both of them for them to come back. Maybe Scott was the connection with Stiles and Lydia will be the connection for Odette. Because Lydia, you have a bigger connection to her then we do. I saw it." Malia suggested and Scott nodded, "Yeah, I saw it too." He said before they went back into the room. 

Lydia sighed softly and glanced around the room. "That thing will kill me so we have to do it the old-fashioned way. We're going to have to actually hypnotize me." 

A few minutes later Scott and Malia were looking around for a candle and lighter to use to hypnotize Lydia while she wrote something down. "My mother had a hypnotist who helped her quit smoking. She had me see the same one when I was ten." She said making Scott look at her incredulously, "You smoked when you were ten?" He asked making her sigh and roll her eyes. 

"No! I bit my fingernails. Just find a lighter or a candle, please." She said and Malia turned around, holding up a torch and turning it on. "Too much?" She asked making Lydia's eyes widen slightly as Scott ran over, holding up a white candle, "I got one." He said. Malia grabbed it and set it on the table before lighting it as Lydia walked over. 

"What's that?" Scott asked looking at the note pad, "An induction script. One of you guys is going to have to talk me through this." She head before holding it out and Malia grabbed it. "So I just read?" She asked and Lydia shrugged slightly, "Well, you have to soften your voice. Keep it relaxed, but not monotone. Go for clarity, not volume. Try it." She said before taking a deep breath while Malia's eyes widened slightly. 

"Take... a... deep... breath... and... look... at... the... candle-" Malia read painfully slowly before Lydia grabbed the notepad before handing it to Scott. 

'Take a deep breath and look at the candle. Feel the muscles in your body begin to relax. You hands relaxing. Your eyelids relaxing. As you relax, imagine you're sitting in front of a TV... When you turn the TV on, it's going to play memories from your life... The remote gives you total control. You can play any memory you want... All you have to do is hit the button." 

Lydia glanced around the classroom before slowly grabbing the remote on her desk. She slowly pressed a button and a memory started playing. 

** Stiles and Odette follow Lydia down the corridor. "You know that there's a temple in Calcutta where they used to sacrifice a child every day? That's every day a dead baby, Lydia-- every day! Hey, you want to know what today is? It's Dead Baby Day. Oh, no, wait, that's every day, because every day is Dead Baby Day, yay!" Stiles said making Odette look at him confused "What?" 

"Why are you telling me this?" Lydia asked exasperatedly, "Because Scott is dealing with the Alpha twins." Stiles said making Lydia stop, turning to him with a look of alarm. "Do you not know about the Alpha twins?" Odette asked 

"Alphas?" 

"Ethan and Aiden...?" 

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I knew about them." Lydia lied making Odette raise her eyebrows at her, Stiles on the other hand apparently didn't catch the lie or didn't care. "Okay. Okay, good. So, look, he's what I'm thinking- I'm thinking that the murders maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right? So, maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know... Maybe it's three people who own little dogs?" 

"I own a little dog." Lydia said then noticed the look on Stiles's face, "I am not getting rid of my dog!" 

"Would you just think about getting rid of your little dog?" 

"No! And, by the way, you cannot discern a pattern by a single data point, so stop trying. And why are you dragging Odette around with you?" Lydia asked and Stiles's eyes widened slightly, "She asked!" He said making Odette furrowed her brows. "No I didn't, but I don't mind." She said making him gestured to her. 

"See! She doesn't mind. And so, what? I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then? I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait around for them to wither up and die right in front of me?" Stiles said making Odette look at him confused again, "Wither?" She asked. "You know what I mean! Die, in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashing, throat-cutting kind of way!" 

"Maybe it's not your job. You said it yourself, they were strangled with a garrote. That's a human thing to do, so... Maybe just leave the figuring it out part to someone human?" Lydia said and Odette hum slightly. "Stiles is human." She said making Stiles dramatically point at her while Lydia shot her a look, "One, don't encourage him. And two, I mean your dad! The Sheriff!" ** 

"Try to find a memory of Stiles or Odette. A memory where you felt a connection with them. Find another memory. Keep looking for them. Find another memory." 

**  Odette groaned awaking up as Lydia screamed for help. The three if them had been restrained to one of the metal beams in the middle of the room. "Lydia, there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this. I don't think anyone's listening." Stiles said as the sleep effect of the mistletoe had on Odette started to ware off. 

"Well, I'm open to better ideas... Because, if you didn't notice, all of those suicides were murders." Lydia said and Odette sighed, leaning her head back against the beam. "That's why she left you the message..." 

"She predicted her own death. She knew I'd figure it out-" 

"Once you were able to predict your own." Brunski cut her off as he walked back into the room making Odette try to pull against her restraints. "But they weren't murders. I'm not some serial killer like Ted Bundy, going around cutting up college girls." Brunski said, crouching down in front of Lydia. 

"No, you're just an Angel of Death." 

"I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here, Stiles. There are people here who don't simply need treatment- they need release. I helped them. I helped Lorraine." Brunski said making Odette and Lydia grab each other's hands the best they could, "You killed her." Lydia said as her and Odette's fingers wrapped around each other. 

"I helped her. And now, you can help me... Because there is something about it that's always bothered me." Brunski said before holding out a tape that had "Lorraine Martin" written on it. 

"What are you...? Brunski, what are you doing?" 

"Don't worry, Lorraine... It's going to be all right... You're just going to have a little trouble breathing..." 

"Hey. Lydia. Lydia look at me. Don't listen." Odette said softly making Lydia turn her head towards her, "Okay? Don't listen to it. Just focus on my voice, Lydia. Don't listen to it- block it out. Okay? You can do it." Odette said as she slightly pulled on her restraints. "Hey, turn it off!" Stiles yelled and Brunski gritted his teeth before punching Stiles. 

"Stiles!" Odette yelled worriedly while Brunski grabbed Lydia's face. "Then listen... Just listen. I need your help with this, Lydia." 

"Please, don't..." 

"Here it is- the part I never understood. Listen." 

"Please... don't hurt her..." 

"Don't hurt who?" 

"Ariel..." 

Lydia gripped onto Odette's fingers as a tear ran down her face before Bruski stood up, grabbing something off the shelf. "We get a lot of teenagers trying to break into our drug cabinets..." He said making them look over at him. "Most of the time, they don't succeed... But you three look pretty clever to me." He said as the three of them tried to fight against their restraints as he stuck a syringe into a bottle. 

"I'll admit, Stiles... I don't have any unusual talents like Lydia or Odette. But somehow, I just knew we were gonna get a chance to do this again." Brunski said and started going towards Stiles with the needle before suddenly moving over to Lydia instead. 

"No!" Odette yelled as he eyes flashed blue before managing to forcefully kick Brunski's shin making him groan and drop the syringe. He chuckle as he picked up the syringe again and turned to Odette, "Well aren't you brave." He said before roughly grabbing her face making her growl lowly as both Stiles and Lydia yell out. 

"But thanks for volunteering." He said, holding the syringe up making her growl, flashing her canines at him but he just chuckled before quickly stuck the needle into her neck making her wince.** 

Lydia could feel herself feel herself completely remembering Stiles but there was still some holes in her memories with Odette making her press another button. 

** "Lydia?" Odette asked as she gently grabbed Lydia's face. 

She waits for a moment, but Lydia doesn't move or respond in any way, making her starts to panic. Scott and Stiles joins Odette next to the table and watches as Odette cradles her best friend's head in her hands and continues to frantically try to wake her up. 

"Lyds? Lydia, come on please." Lydia's body is like a rag doll in Odette's arms, and she only becomes more desperate. Tears start to fall down her face as she let's out a small groan, "Lydia please! Wake up! Please!" She cried. 

Odette continues to desperately brush the hair off of her face with shaky hands in hopes of waking her. Scott's face is absolutely devastated, his eyes filling with tears at the thought that Lydia is dead. And Stiles watches with glossy eyes as his girlfriend desperately tries to wake up her best friend. 

"I'm not losing you too." Odette mumbled before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. Deaton's eyes widened when a mix of gold and pink veins trailed from Odette's face, down to her hands and to Lydia's face. A few seconds later Odette's eyes shot open right as Lydia gasped awake making Stiles and Scott's eyes widen. 

"Odie?" Lydia asked weakly and Odette let out sigh in relief and a small happy laugh. "Odette." Deaton said making them all look at him, "Do you know what you just did?" He asked as Odette helped Lydia sit up and she nodded. "I know. I don't care if means she's alive." She said making her friends look at her confused. 

"What did you do." Lydia asked and Odette looked at her, "I sacrificed the string of Healer magic that makes me live to be five-hundred years old to save you. Now I just live a long as the average human. And uh- It kind of made you my Companion. Which just basically means we just have a stronger connection to each other and I'll be able to know when your hurt more than I already do." She said making them all look at her shocked. 

"You didn't have to do that." Lydia said in a slightly whisper and Odette shook her head, "I don't care. I'm not losing anymore family." She said and Lydia smiled at her softly before they both wrapped their arms around each other as tight as they could.** 

"That's when I realized..." Lydia muttered making Malia and Scott look at her, "Realize what?" Scott asked. "When she saved my life. That's when I realized she was more than just my best friend." 

"Lydia you have to go. You have to run." 

"I saw them. I was there. I was the last person to see them." Lydia said making Scott furrow his brows, "Where? When did you see them?" He asked. "The Ghost Riders, they... When they took them." 

"Just... just remember that we're your best friends. Remember that you're like my sister." 

Lydia looked up at them with teary eyes and a defeated look, "She's saved my life and I never got to tell her that she's like a sister to me before they took her." She said. All of the sudden the room glowed a bright green and started shaking making them all glance around before running out the room to see the same bright light in the tunnel. This time it had a female figure. 

"Odie?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
799K 22.9K 69
**COMPLETED** Harlow Stilinski has known about the supernatural world since she was in highschool with Derek Hale being her best friend and all that...
54.3K 1.7K 32
A town full of supernatural beings, secrets and teenagers trying to get through high school and live normal lives; a teenage girl moves back to Beaco...
3.3K 163 21
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...