JJ Maybank Imagines

By reidjimii

My only job here is to fuel your jj thirst I write a lot of angst cause I'm emotional and don't know how to c... More

I N T R O
[angst] Cheater
[fluff] Surf Date
[f] Insecure
[f/a] When You Leave For College
[a] Fighting
[f] Coaches Don't Play
[f] Swimming
[f] Drunk Nights
[f/slight smut] Teasing
[a] One Night Stand
[f] Midsummers
[f] A Drunk Confession
[f] Blind Date
[a] Playing Games
[f] When he Sneaks Into Your Room
[a] When He Falls Out of Love
[f] Competition
[a] Leaving You For His Ex
[a] Pushed Away
[a] Leaving You For His Ex pt. 2
[a] When He Uses You
[a] When He Uses You pt. 2
[f] When You're Sick
[a] The "I Love You"
[f] The "I Love You" Pt. 2
[smut!!] Attention ๐Ÿ”ž
[a] When He *Kisses* Another Girl For A Dare
[f] When He *Kisses* Another Girl For A Dare Pt. 2
[a] When He *Kisses* Another Girl For A Dare Pt. 2
[f] Showering With You When He's Sick
[f] You Think He Doesn't Love You
[a] He Doesn't Wait For You
[a] When He Doesn't Love You Anymore
NOTICE
[f] Dancing in the Kitchen
[f] When His Birthday Doesn't go According to Plan
[f] When He Asks You to Prom
[f] When He Gets Jealous
[a] He Finds Your University Acceptance Letter
[f] He Teaches You How to Kiss
[f] He Finds Your University Acceptance Letter Pt. 2
[f] You Kiss Him During an Argument
[f] July 4th: You Confess While Drunk
[a] You Both Secretly Like Each Other
[a/f] You Think He's Replaced You
[f] He Thinks You Don't Love Him
S E A S O N T W O
[f] A Kiss in the Rain
[a] He Leaves You to Keep You Safe
[f/s] You Both Regret The Break-Up
[f] You Both Regret Your Break-Up Pt. 2
[a] When He Leads You On *unedited*
[i] You Have an Anxiety Attack

[f] He Tries to Confess His Feelings For You

10.9K 123 44
By reidjimii

Imagine type: fluff

Warning: none

———

There wasn't an easy way to describe the relationship you had with JJ. It was like a game of some sort, like chess. Every move that was made would eventually come back to haunt you, and that's exactly what happened to JJ.

A couple years ago, when your feelings for him had accidentally been confessed, he'd made sure to let you know that he, in no way, reciprocated them. He was a good guy, though. He let you know in private, and didn't speak of the incident with anyone.

Since then, your feelings had more or less faded and you accepted that he only wanted a friendship. Things had been awkward at first, especially for the crew, but over time it all got better.

Part of you always wondered if at some point he did have feelings for you. He didn't seem to treat you the same compared to any other girl, but maybe it was just your over thinking.

But of course, you'd gotten over him.

"You're staring at him again," Kie's voice broke the silence between you two and you broke out of your trance, looking at her. She stared back at you with bored eyes, taking a sip of her smoothie.

You both sat in a small booth at the Wreck. It had been chill until JJ and a couple other friends you didn't recognize walked in. Obviously he had stolen your attention.

"What do you mean?" You tried to play it off, a not so subtle blush coming to your face. It wasn't that embarrassing, but this wasn't the first time this has happened, and Kie would know.

"You're still not over him?" She asked softly, playing with her straw.

"I wasn't even looking at him," you lied easily, leaning back into the cushion of the booth seat. "He just happened to be standing there when I glanced over."

"Mm, okay, well your 'glance' lasted two whole minutes, so I don't know what you're-"

"All right, I get it," you sighed and a smile broke out on Kie's face.

"You should tell him." Your head snapped to look at her and Kie must've been laughing at the fear in your eyes.

"The only thing worse than getting rejected once, is getting rejected twice."

"You don't know that he'll reject you, though," Kie reasoned and you shook your head again.

"You said that last time," you cocked your head with a smile. "We all know how that went." Just then, your eyes narrowed in on a girl, her hands brushing softly against JJ's arms.

His eyes connected momentarily with yours and you offered a small smile before looking away. At least he was too busy with other friends to come over to you.

You thought.

"Why is he coming over here?" You asked through gritted teeth, panic in your voice when you see JJ and his mystery girl striding over to your table.

"I am... unsure," Kie shrugs and turns in her seat to get a look at the two, an equal amount of discomfort showing on her face.

"Hey Kie," JJ says, completely ignoring your existence. "Would you mind making a couple smoothies for my friends and I?"

"I'm here too," you muttered, but not a glance was spared your way.

"I'm off duty right now," Kie replies and nods towards the girl. "You guys dating?" She asks bluntly and you see a blush creep up the girl's cheeks.

"Oh, we're not-" she begins.

"Maybe," JJ interrupts her. Something tells you the feeling isn't mutual. Funny how that happens.

"Is that all you came over here to say?" Kie asks him and he shrugs.

"I guess so," he mutters, obviously irritated.

You stay silent this entire time, as no question or invite on conversation is geared towards you. You were used to it now. Things between you and JJ were better, but it was never really the same.

"I'm going to get... something from... somewhere," you said and all eyes turned to you. You excused yourself from the beyond awkward situation and pushed the door open, getting a few minutes of fresh air.

What was that? JJ had walked over asking about smoothies and then after he'd gotten an answer he still hadn't walked away. Did he assume you would offer a seat?

"Having feelings is pointless," you mumble to yourself.

"I didn't know you felt that way," a voice peeps up and you look back quickly to see JJ. His earlier demeanour gone and replaced with his usual calm and chill manner. The one you preferred over whatever you saw before.

"Nice to know you can see me," you snap, referring to earlier when JJ had ignored you willingly.

"Ouch," he chuckled and came closer to you, still leaving plenty of space between you two.

"What do you want?" You ask hurriedly.

"I wanted to know what you thought of my girlfriend," he replied and your eyebrows furrowed.

"Girlfriend?" You repeat, dumbfounded.

"Well, friend that's a girl."

"I never even spoken to her." You kick a rock on the ground, but your eyes never left JJ's face.

"I want to make her my girlfriend," JJ nodded, as if he was not only trying to convince you to believe him, but trying to convince himself, too.

Why was he telling you this? To make you feel even worse?

"Good for you," you respond, your voice dripping with boredom.

"I care about your opinion, I want to know if you like her."

"You acted like you didn't even see me," you scoff, but your tone of voice didn't match what you were feeling.

JJ continued to look at you, and you let out a small sigh of defeat.

"She seems nice judging from the four seconds I saw her," you answer flatly and you see small smile break on JJ's face, but you can tell he's working hard to conceal it.

"And you wouldn't mind if I dated her?"

Who cares? you thought. You do, you idiot.

"I want you to be happy," you reply. Even if it's not with me.

"You're so stupid," JJ says suddenly and your eyes snap up. What?

"Excuse you?"

"Why aren't you yelling at me right now?" He asks you. What. The. Hell.

"I'm so confused," you mumble to yourself. Has JJ actually gone insane and you haven't been around enough to notice?

He let's out a frustrated sigh and runs his hand through his hair before turning back to you.

"Do you still like me?" He asks suddenly and your eyes widen.

"Wha-" your eyes search for anyone's but JJ's. Was he seriously asking you this?

"Just answer the question."

Why did he even care? He made it very clear a long time ago that he didn't and would never have feelings for you.

"Yes," you answer, avoiding his knowing eyes, ashamed of yourself, but it was the truth and now he knew. No going back.

"Don't you see?" JJ says quietly and you shake your head. "I was trying to get you jealous, trying to get a reaction out of you."

"You obviously don't know me well enough, then," you say and finally, for the first time in a while, you both crack smiles at each other, the tension easing up slowly.

"What if I want to get to know you better?"

Your brain goes into overdrive, every possible reason as to why JJ would say this coming to mind. Was he playing a cruel prank on you? Was he doing this for laughs? Was he put up to this? His friends were probably filming this right now. Was he a secret agent trying to get you fall in love with him? Or maybe, he truly did just have feelings for you.

He swore he would never, though. People change you reminded yourself. Just answer the damn question.

"What about your friend who's a girl?"

"She's with someone else," JJ shrugged and your mouth fell open. He really was just playing with you.

"Was this your confession?" You ask with a smirk. "Because that was horrible."

"I see how it could've went wrong," JJ shrugs and starts to creep closer to you, a cheeky smile on his face.

"It's a wonder why I still like you," you joke, though your statement does actually hold some truth to it.

"I'll get you to fall in love with me," JJ smirks and you roll your eyes.

"I feel like we're past that point. You're going to ruin me."

"Good."

—————

You know, I actually like this one:)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday !

Thank you for almost 20k reads!! It's truly amazing.

I want to try writing an actual novel with many chapters and everything. I actually have a few ideas, so maybe...👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 1K 17
Hey y'all, I'm Natalia. These are all posted from my tumblr. Go check that out because that's where I get most of my requests from, but I also take r...
63.6K 558 24
โ˜†drewstarkey x female readerโ˜† โ˜†dahlia murphy fell in love with drew when she was a teenager but he shattered her heart, now eight years later they're...
402 13 7
แด›แดกแด แด…แด‡๊œฑแด›ษชษดแด‡แด… แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด‡ษดแด‡แดษชแด‡๊œฑ, ส™แดœแด› แดกสœแด€แด› แด‡สŸ๊œฑแด‡ แด„แดแดœสŸแด… แด›สœแด‡ส ส™แด‡? T๐ก๐ž๐ฒ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. T๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ...
33.8K 663 33
โ–ˆ ๏ฝก:* โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ in which one psycho ex causes two childhood friends-turned-enemies to rekindle something a lot more than just friendship. ๐๐Ž๐“๐„โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ t...