Karma x Rio Oneshots [ENG/IND]

By Yukiiro_Luna

[FIRST FEW CHAPS ARE ALL SO CRINGE-WORTHY SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK //Slaps my younger self] I'm not re... More

A Guide Before Reading
Hated by Life Itself
Seandainya (IND)
Surprise?
Bermula Dari Kesalahpahaman
Deceiving and Teasing
Beresin dong!
It's Weekend! Part 1
Setangkai Bunga Untukmu
Gak Peka
It's Weekend! Part 2
IMPORTANT
Menyusuri Kenangan Masa Lalu
Going Down Memory Lane
Made with Love (From Me to You)
My Dear Beloved
Ghosts and Jumpscares (IND)
A Not-So-Lonely Birthday
When There's a Beginning, There's an End (A Thank You Note)
Dari Dulu Hingga Sekarang, Terima Kasih Ku Ucapkan
QnA Session!

Café Avec Amour

413 20 13
By Yukiiro_Luna

It was just another normal college day. Yep, a normal day of pain. Rio was running late for class, so she just grabs a coffee by the vending machine and rushed to class. On the way to class, however, luck once again was not by Rio's side. Someone bumped into her, spilling her opened coffee in the process. Her clothes got stained, so was the stranger. She knows she can't deal with this mess right now. She was running out of time and doesn't want to get detention, not with the pile of work they'll give her later on.

Rio quickly apologizes — though she doesn't really know whose fault it is, she chose not to make the mess bigger — and got on her foot. The stranger wanted to stop her, but he decided not to. He just rubbed the back of his neck looking at the blonde from afar. A grin appeared on his face as he picks up the spilled coffee and throws it to its place.

Rio on the other hand only mumbled.. red

~Timeskip~

"I was lucky I didn't get caught being late," Rio sighs and takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Wow, must be one hectic morning." One girl chuckles.

"I'm amazed you can still keep your emotions in check, Rio." Another one adds.

Rio pouted and sighed once more.

"Kayano, Yukiko, not helping."

"Sorry, sorry. You gotta admit that's quite funny, especially that situation with the stranger."

"Yep! And I'm curious. Does the stranger.." Kayano started.

'Oh no,' Rio mentally facepalmed herself.

"Have a handsome face? Did you perhaps fall in love with him like those shoujo mangas?" Kayano asked with a sparkling face.

"Ooh~" Yukiko also joined the teasing.

"What? You guys, I was going to be late. How am I supposed to have time to look at his face?" Rio took another bite.

"Seriously? You don't remember anything of his face?" Kayano asked again.

"All that I remember was that he was kinda tall? Who knows," Rio replied without taking her attention away from her sandwich.

Kayano pouted and went back to her lunch. Finally peace... Why are they so interested in these kinds of stuff anyway? She knows this question is 'dangerous' but hey, she was curious.

"Why do you guys keep asking me boys related stuff anyway?" Rio asked curiously.

Kayano and Yukiko gave each other a glance before looking back at Rio. Kayano and Yukiko are close friends of Rio in college even if they all were being in different majors. They know that Rio has many friends thanks to her amazing social skills. This also includes men.

Kayano and Yukiko even believe that some guys in their college are actually interested in her. Rio seems to notice this, she even receives confessions. She managed to refuse them all subtly without breaking their friendship. Yes, all that yet never has once Rio talked about having a crush on someone. So every chance they get, they would ask her about her love life which up until now, the results are zero.

"Umm.. we thought you might be interested in him. Okay fine, we are kinda interested and wondering how you still haven't got a boyfriend despite all those confessions," Kayano bluntly said.

Rio leaned back against her chair. She crossed her arm in front of her chest and thinks for a moment.

"I don't want to date. Boys are truthfully a mess. I keep hearing whines from my friends that are in a relationship. I don't want to risk my education or anything that I have right now for something uncertain. Besides, finding the right partner is not easy. Not that I'm being picky, I just don't wanna rush," Rio replies casually with a smile.

Satisfied with her answer, Kayano and Yukiko smiles and nods.

"Ah, so that's why. Yeah, I could understand that," Yukiko said.

Her phone rang and excuses herself to answer the call. As she came back, she rushed to grab her things.

"Class is starting soon. We gotta go," Yukiko said.

Rio and Kayano nod in agreement.

"Hey, there's this new coffee shop that my friend works at downtown. Wanna come after class is over?" Kayano asks the other two.

"I'm sorry, but I have an appointment after class. Maybe next time? I'm getting late, see you guys tomorrow!" Yukiko said.

"That's fine. See you later! How about you, Rio?" Kayano then turns her head to the blonde.

"Huh? Sure, why not? I'm free this afternoon."

"Great! See you after class then," Kayano waves.

Rio waves back and head to her class. She could use a cup of coffee or chocolate after class.

--------------------------

Rio's P.O.V

After classes were finished, I meet up with Kayano at our usual lunch spot and head over downtown with her. Looking at her giddy attitude, it seems like this 'friend' that works at the coffee shop is her crush. Just a guess, not sure.

"Hey, Kayano. Do you have a crush on this friend you said working in the coffee shop?" I said with a grin.

"W-what?! No way! He's just a.. friend-" she said flustered by the question.

"Kayano dear, please do know you are very easy to read," I snickered, ruffling her hair.

Kayano's face turned as red as a tomato. I laughed and shook my head at her attitude. It's rare to see Kayano be this nervous about boys. As someone who works with boys from time to time, I thought she'd still keep up the cool act. Guess I was wrong.

"Oh, we're here. This one, right?" I pointed to the shop.

The coffee shop wasn't very big nor that small. The simple exterior somehow brings out a warm and nostalgic feeling. The walls are covered in beige-colored paint and the special menu of the day is written on a chalkboard in front of the shop. The coffee shop has large windows which makes the warmth inside the café visible to passersby. I looked up to see the café's name written on top of the door in an elegant font.

'Cheesy name,' I thought.

Both of us headed in with the sound of the chiming bells of the door. We were welcomed by some of the workers without them actually paying full attention to us. Well, they can't be blamed. The café looks busy at the moment, maybe because it's home-time for most students.

I look around and push my hair back slowly, relishing the smell of fresh coffee. As expected, the coffee shop looks as cozy as how it is outside. I remember back when I was a kid, I used to go to small coffee shops like this with my parents and brother during winter breaks. Ah, I missed those days.

Kayano then snapped me back to reality by dragging my hand to line-up with the others. I may not be fully in reality yet — since I was still quite mesmerized by the interior of the café — still, I was able to see that little blush on Kayano's face when her crush that was working waved at her when he saw her.

"Woah, your crush is kinda cute. So what's his name? I think I ever saw him before though," I teased.

"Hey, stop that. His name is Shiota Nagisa, and yes, you probably have seen him before because..."

"Because?" I said with a wide grin.

"Ugh, can't we discuss something else?" Kayano begged.

I laughed. "Okay, okay." I actually know about Nagisa already. I once saw him walking home with Kayano, but let's not tell her.

Normal P.O.V

"Wow, modeling seems harder than I thought," Rio replies.

"Well yeah. Even so, I'm having fun so I believe I could- Ugh!" Rio caught Kayano on reflex.

"Kayano, you alright?" Rio asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me. Didn't expect that."

Rio sighs and looked at the person who just bumped into Kayano. There stood the man who cuts their line without a sense of guilt. Rio then tapped the man's shoulder.

"Excuse me sir, but I believe WE were here first. Have you heard of lining up?" Rio said.

"Oh really? I don't think anyone was here. So I believe I have the right to stand here don't you think?" the man replied cockily.

"What?" Rio stopped herself. She didn't want to cause any trouble... yet.

"Sir, I think you need to get your eyes checked. It was obvious that we waited here before you," Rio replied, not wanting to lose the spot they have waited at for about an hour.

"Tch. Young people today don't seem to have respect for their elders," the man replied once again.

"Don't have respect? Hah, I guess you're right," Rio sighs.

The man smiled in victory. As he was about to face back in line. Rio gripped his shoulder.

"But sir, don't you think us 'young people' should learn from the elders?" Rio then dragged Kayano in front of him.

"Thank you for teaching us to cut the line and act as if nobody is in front of us." Rio smiled innocently.

Seems like the man ran out of patience first. The man's face filled with anger, but Rio was not scared at all. She was used to this. In fact, Rio smirked in victory looking at the man's reaction, making him angrier. The man pulled out his fist. But before the fist could land on Rio, someone stood in front of him, holding his fist.

"Sir, I believe this is a coffee shop and not a bar. As much as I love fighting, I recommend you to get lost and don't come back if what you're doing only causes our customers' comfort to be disturbed," a red-head employee said.

"What do you mean? I was just-" the man tried defending himself only to increase the pain on his fist.

"However, if you prefer to fight, I'll be free in a few hours," the red-head whispered with a smirk, gripping the man's fist tighter.

Knowing that he'll lose, the man lowers his fist and left the café annoyed. The red-head looked at the two girls.

"I just don't get those trash these days. Hey, you're Nagisa's friend, right?" he asked with a teasing tone on the word 'friend'.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks for the help," Kayano said with a little blush at Nagisa's name.

He then looked at the blonde. Their gold and aqua blue eyes met. The male walked closer to Rio to get a better look.

"Oya? You seem.. familiar," the male said.

Rio just gulped knowing who he is. Out of all people in this entire city, why him?

As if the lightbulb in his head just turned on, the male pointed.

"Ah, you're the-" Before finishing his sentence. Nagisa called him back to his station now that the problem is solved.

He looked back at Rio for a second and left without another word. Rio sighed in relief, but stiffen again when she realized she has to face him again.

"You know him?" Kayano asked.

"No, not really. Maybe he mistook me for someone else," she lied. He OBVIOUSLY knows who she is by looking at the smug face he gave her at the last seconds of their interaction just now.

Kayano who was oblivious just shrug and urges Rio to line-up again. Lucky for Rio, the one who is serving them is Nagisa.

"Oh Kayano, you really came," the blue-head said with a smile.

"Yeah. I also brought a friend with me," Kayano replied.

"I see, nice to meet you. Sadly I'm on my shift now, but let's talk sometimes," he said.

"It's alright, and sure, that'd be nice," Rio replies, returning the friendly gesture.

"So what would you like?" Nagisa asks.

"I'll have a frappuccino and a croissant. How about you?" Kayano asks Rio.

"I'll have um.. a café au lait and..." Rio's attention suddenly shifted to the red-head who just passed by to hand drinks and desserts to the customers.

"..a strawberry shortcake. Just make that order in her name," Rio said handing Kayano her money and sit by the window. She can't handle the weird feeling she has surrounding that barista.

"A frappucino with a croissant and a café au lait with strawberry shortcake. On it. Karma!" Nagisa checked-in their orders.

'Karma? Huh, funny name' Rio thought.

Kayano talks with Nagisa for a little while before walking to where Rio was waiting. Rio knew exactly what just happened from the look on her face. Rio just smiled, details can wait.

While waiting for their orders, Rio looks around the coffee shop from her seat, admiring the view once more. The shop is quite spacious. The dim lighting that illuminates the warm atmosphere makes the café comfortable. The decorations that were hung on the walls were beautifully arranged.

Despite the café being quite busier than usual, it didn't take 10 minutes for their name to be called, signaling that their coffee is ready. Kayano ushered Rio to take their orders. Rio declined obviously. After a few begs from Kayano and knowing how busy she was at the moment with her laptop, she gave in and walks to the counter to be greeted by the person she wishes to avoid.

"Fancy meeting you here," the barista said.

"In a short time too," Rio replied casually.

He handed her their drinks and food on a tray. Rio takes it, but before she could take a step back to her seat, Karma called her again.

"I like your style. Mind coming here again?" he said.

"Who knows? I might if I get a freebie," Rio grins. Her confident attitude received a laugh from the red-head.

Rio quickly turns back, making him miss the blush on her face.

--------------------------

Karma's P.O.V

"Oh really? I don't think anyone was here. So I believe I have the right to stand here don't you think?" a low-cocky voice said.

"What?"

A fight was obviously starting. Nagisa called me to look at it since I'm the one who usually deals with people like this. I groaned at the commotion. What is it this time?

I divert my attention from my work to a man and a blonde having an argument. For some reason, the blonde caught my attention. Have I seen her before? As I was about to approach them, the blonde starts retorting back.

"But sir, don't you think us 'young people' should learn from the elders? Thank you for teaching us to cut the line and act as if nobody is in front of us," the girl said sweetly.

Ooh, interesting.

I tried to hold back a laugh. The man was speechless at her actions. Not long after that, I could see the man clenching his fist, preparing to throw it to her. Nagisa who is standing beside me looks at them with a concerned face, knowing the scene that might happen if no one stops them.

That's when I lost my patience. I jumped out of the counter and blocked the man from landing his fist on her. After the situation was sort out, I finally remember who the blonde is.

"Ah, you're the-" As I was about to tease her a bit, Nagisa called me back.

I sighed and look at her one last time with a smirk before heading back.

Nagisa I swear you-

-------------

"..and a strawberry shortcake. Just make that order in her name," the blonde said before making her way to the windows.

I stopped in my tracks for a while to look at her. Strawberry shortcakes, huh? Didn't expect that from someone like her. After finished talking a bit with his friend, Kayano, Nagisa comes and informs me about their order. I finished them all quickly because of my amazing skills and I prepped all their orders on a tray. I called the name out loud, a sign that their orders are up. I thought Kayano would take it, but to my surprise, the blonde was the one who stood up in a grimace.

I tried to hide my laugh before starting to talk to her.

"Fancy meeting you here."

"In a short time too," she replied with her hands on her hips.

I gave her the tray full of their food and drink before speaking again.

"I like your style. Mind coming here again?"

"Who knows? I might if I get a freebie," she grins and left.

Her confident attitude made me laugh. Interesting girl, but somethings missing... That's when it hits me. I forgot to ask her name.

"Karma!" Nagisa called.

I shook my head and went back to work. Hopefully, she took my offer to stop by again. She seems interesting to talk to.

--------------------------

Normal P.O.V

There she stands in front of the door with her blonde hair swaying gently blown by the wind from outside the café. It's autumn after all. The bell chimes as she enters the door. Not wasting any more time, she walked towards the counter.

"Oh look whos back," Karma said.

"Oh? Where's your friend? Isn't he suppose to be stationed here?" Rio asked.

"What? Do you have a crush on him or something? Stealing from your best friend is bad you know," he teased.

"Never had planned on crushing him anyways. But, I was genuinely asking," she replied.

"Oh, that's only for yesterday since it was busy. He took extras yesterday. So, what would you like today?"

"Just a café au lait," Rio said taking out her wallet.

"Okay then. Name?"

Rio thinks for a while. "Regina George," she answered.

A confused look appeared on Karma's face while Rio puts on an innocent face, holding a laugh. Karma looks at her skeptically then writes anyway.

"Whatever you say. Be done in less than 5," he said and starts to work.

Rio went to the spot she sat at yesterday. The view from inside the coffee shop's window is quite nice and calming. She didn't get to grasp this view yesterday with all the noise at that time. Since the coffee shop didn't have that many visitors, Karma brings her drink to her spot.

Rio takes her cup and scans it only to find a different name on it.

"Hey, I think you gave me the wrong order," Rio said.

"It's café au lait just like what you ordered. What do you mean?" Karma asks. Oh, Karma exactly knows what was wrong.

"Are you sure?" she said as she points at the name on the cup with a skeptical look.

"Uhh.. no? It's correct," Karma took the cup and look at it as if nothing is wrong.

"Shortcake, seriously? Is it because I'm short compared to you? Our height is pretty much the same," Rio crosses her arms and furrows her brows.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Karma says as he leaves a still-annoyed Rio.

Rio sighs and just sips her drink. She smiles at the taste. It was nothing like the normal milk coffee she drinks in other coffee shops. I wonder why...

A few moments later, Karma comes back and places a plate of strawberry shortcake on Rio's table.

"I swear you got the wrong customer," Rio said in disbelieve.

Karma chuckled and shook his head. "Nope, I believe I'm right. So you want it or nah?"

"Only because you said that. But if it ends up a mistake, I'm not paying," Rio sighs and pulls the plate closer to her.

"Just something to compensate for yesterday's incident." Karma then heads back to the counter to serve another customer.

Yesterday? What happened yester- Oh. That.

Rio smiles at the thought but then suspicion fell to her face again. She was afraid that this was some sort of joke. She hesitated and thinks that maybe he gave her a failed cake. But until the last bite, Rio didn't find anything unusual with the sweet treat she got in repayment for yesterday's incident.

Rio looked at the counter. There she sees Karma still working on another customer's order. Not wanting to distract him, Rio took out a piece of paper and scribbled on it. Rio slipped it below the plate and stood up with her leftover coffee in hand and sling bag. She walks to the door and looks at Karma one more time. They both share a glance for a moment. Rio pointed at the table she was at and mouthed a 'thank you' before leaving the coffee shop.

After he finishes the last customer's order, Karma walked to the table Rio previously at to pick up the used plate. As he picks up the plate, a piece of paper falls to the ground. Curiously, Karma picks it up.

'Thanks for the treat. Oh, so you do know that Nagisa and Kayano are dating. Don't tell me that's why he's not here today. Kayano seems to be in a rush too. Anyways, as promised I'll come by again. Peace out'

Karma chuckles and shakes his head at the note. Once again, Karma forgets to ask her name.

--------------------------

Rio returns to the coffee shop the next day. She had her face stuffed in her muffler. A smile appeared on Karma's face before changing it to his signature smirk.

"Let me guess, café au lait? With or without the cake?" Karma asks casually.

"With. How could you come to the conclusion that I would order the same thing though? I only came into the café two days ago," Rio said pointing 2 fingers up in the air.

"Just a hunch. But I'm correct, right? Why don't you try to order something different then?" Karma said as he prepares Rio's drink.

"I'll do it if my friends are with me. They're better when it comes to food or drink recommendations," Rio snickers.

"What? You don't want MY recommendation?"

"I'm not a dumbass. Knowing you, you'll probably recommend me black coffee."

Karma shrugs. "How could you come to the conclusion that I would do that after only 2 days of meeting you?" rephrasing her words from earlier.

"Well, you're not wrong, banana split," he said as he passes her the drink she ordered.

Rio took the cup and look at the name, "You red devil, Goldilocks, seriously?"

Karma didn't reply and walked to the pantry. He took out the strawberry cake from the display fridge, passing it to Rio.

"Enjoy," he smiled innocently, irritating Rio.

--------------------------

It's been a month now. Coming to the coffee shop seems to be a daily occurrence for Rio Nakamura now. Whether it's with her friends or alone, Rio would always come there every now and then. Ordering other kinds of drinks with others, and her usual café au lait along with a plate of strawberry shortcake when she's alone. Her daily visit results in some of Karma's colleagues acknowledging Rio's presence. Sometimes, they would join in the conversation during their breaks.

Rio walking into the coffee shop in a bad mood was also quite common now. She begins to show her emotions more in front of Karma. Other than teasing her for her bad experience, Karma would actually help her enlighten her mood, either with another friendly banter between them or giving encouragement. But this time, Rio was in a very bad mood.

"Hey, Karma. Isn't that 'the usual'?" Maehara, another of Karma's college pointed to the girl by the door.

Yes, even up to this day, they haven't got her name. She simply just won't give them. Often changing the topic of her name to something else. Because of that, they just called her 'the usual'. Karma gives up on finding out her name. Her appearance every day was enough for him. Karma who was finishing his last bit of work at the moment shifted his focus to her. The girl just sighed and walked past the tables.

The blonde sat at her usual spot without ordering anything. Just sitting there looking at the falling snow. Karma watches her movements with a confused look. He knows those are the movements of anger and disappointment. Coincidentally, Karma's shift was over for the day. After changing to his casual outfit, Karma approaches Rio that seems to still be zoning out. Karma lays a cup of her usual café au lait and strawberry shortcake. The sound of the plate hitting her table snaps her back to reality.

"Took you long enough to respond," Karma grins.

Rio returns a dry chuckle and went back to staring out the window. Karma follows Rio's view, curious about what she has been looking at for the past 15 minutes.

"What's up this time, Latte?" Karma sat on the vacant seat in front of Rio.

"Tch. My family," Rio said in a pissed tone, earning a not-so-surprised look from Karma.

Karma knew the truth about why Rio hasn't dated anyone up to this date even with all those boys around her. Her family is very strict about her education. They never allowed Rio to date in order for her to focus. It was a good decision at first, but they became stricter to the point her social circles are very limited. Now that she's in college, she finally could take a breather from that sick environment, until today that is.

"What happened?" Karma asked with his low voice.

"My family, they called me. I know they usually called me only to know my progress. But this time, they really crossed the line. They said and I quote 'We've been paying for your college. But where are your achievements? What have you been doing?!'. Can you imagine it? Not even a simple 'how are you?'. What exactly am I to them?" Rio said while stirring the cup of coffee.

She stops stirring the coffee, realizing what she was doing. She looks at Karma.

"It's on me," Karma said which was returned with a small smile and a mumble of 'thanks'.

"All they care about are my academics and success. But, the question is MY success, or yours. I doubt they'd say that I work hard in order to reach this success they are talking about to their friends. All that they'll say is 'Yes, we raised her splendidly', 'It was all thanks to us'. This isn't for me, it's all for THEM!" Rio said with a furious tone.

"Do they not care about their daughter's well-being? Do they know that I'm the one doing all the work? Do they know that I'm sick of their dumb demands? Praising themselves for raising me when I'm on top and blaming me when I'm at the bottom. They never even asked me if I'm okay here," Rio continued, holding back her boiling anger.

After Karma was sure Rio has calmed down. Karma asked her.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I.. don't know. A part of me says to follow their demands, but another part of me says that I can't be controlled by them. I'm not a tool for them to climb up higher."

Karma nodded in understanding. "May I give you a little advice?"

"Hm? Sure, what is it?"

"Well, miss-"

"Rio Nakamura," she mumbled again.

"What?"

"Rio Nakamura, that's my name," she said with a small smile and a little blush.

This action caught Karma off guard. He froze for a moment, forgetting what he was about to say. He then cleared his throat to continue what he was about to say.

"Well, then Nakamura, families tend to do that. Some are blinded by the privilege they'd get if you reach that 'success'. But the choice is up to you. You can go be their puppet, or live the way you believe is right. Like limiting social circles? Don't they know that the bigger connection you get, the easier it is for you to move to the real world later?"

"In my opinion, you know exactly what to do. You're a hardworking girl and you're not dumb to be easily fooled by people. I believe you do know how to be successful in your own way,"

"You're overthinking it! You're a hardworking girl. I believe you can be successful in your own way."

Rio suddenly remembers the words someone told him back in elementary school. It was like a mantra for her to reach this far. How could she forget that?

"You sound just like him," Rio chuckled.

"Who?" Karma said, confusion visible on his face.

"Someone I know. Anyways, I've always wondered why talking with you feels nostalgic despite just knowing you a month ago. It feels like I'm talking to an old friend. Thank you. I needed that," Rio gives him a gentle smile. 

Karma returns the smile, "Anytime."

--------------------------

The both of them then talked about their days again. Karma was glad. Not just that he finally gets her name, he also pulled her back up before she was about to fall deeper.

"Have I given any compliment about your café au lait?" Rio suddenly asks.

Karma shrugged and shook his head. With his smug look, he replied, "Not that I need one anyway. I'm confident in my skills."

Rio deadpanned at his confidence. But she won't deny it because it's the truth.

Rio chuckles, "If your café au lait was real, I would date it."

"Then why not date the person who made it?"

Huh, what? Rio widened her eyes and looks all over his face to find out if he was joking. His face may not show any seriousness, but his eyes say otherwise. A tint of red was also spotted on his cheeks. Rio lets out a soft laugh.

"Does everyone who enters this café ends up getting dates?"

"Is that a yes?" Karma replied.

"You could say that," Rio said before both of them burst into laughter.

"So, what's the secret?" Rio asked.

"Of what?"

"Making the greatest coffee."

"Simple.." Karma said and whispered something to Rio.

The answer earns a gentle smile from Rio.

Ah, now I see why they named it that way...

'Café Avec Amour'

'Coffee with love'

.

.

.

.

.

Omake

It was just another normal day. As usual, Rio went to her usual spot, along with her usual order. Nothing much has changed, other than the fact Rio was now dating that red-head barista. His shift has just ended so he approached the blonde who was sitting with her attention focused on the laptop in front of her. It took him 3 calls and one pinch to get her to notice his presence.

"What?" she replied, finally giving the red-head the attention he needs.

"Do you have a thing for strawberry shortcakes?" Karma blurted out.

"Huh? What's that all of the sudden?" Rio said in a confused tone at the sudden question.

"You see strawberry shortcakes' not a top menu here and you've been ordering it since day 1 here. Usually, newcomers would look at the favorites," Karma explains as a-matter-of-factly.

"Oh, I didn't know that. Well, It reminded me of my old friend back in elementary school. Every time I told him that I have a fight with my parents, he'd offer me strawberry shortcakes. To be honest, I was kinda sick of the sweet treat, but then I kinda miss it," Rio said, a red tint visible on her cheek.

"Do you miss the treat or the boy?" Karma said with a teasing demeanor.

"O-oi! Don't make fun of me like that," Rio hits Karma on the shoulder.

Small laughter could be heard from their table. They kept their voice low, minding those around them. After they calmed down, Karma spoke.

"Funny, back in elementary school I also did the same thing to this girl. That boy sure is something," Karma grins.

"What's this? A coincidence?" Rio joked.

Karma then kissed her, leaving her dumbfounded. He laughed at her expression.

"I think not."

.

.

.

.

.

Author's Note

💕💕 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU ALL 💕💕

To be honest, this story was supposed to be uploaded last December for Christmas, but I wasn't confident in it and I also decided to add a little art for the story hahaha. Then I decided to post it on Valentine's Day instead. I hope you enjoyed it because this is the longest chapter I have written so far (5k+ words!).

There was also a last-minute change in the plot near the end of the story because the previous one is quite umm.. cringe? Cliche? ._. '

Have a comparison of my sketch and result!

Sketch - December 2020  ❤  Final - 14 February 2021

I'm not really satisfied with the result, but I don't think it's that bad.. right? //I just finished the top background today lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 931 19
Lemons about Fairy Tail, booyah!
860K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
567K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 44.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...