Oceans Apart ||Bridgerton|| (...

By Hebe_1353

"๐š†๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข ๐šœ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐šข. ๐™ธ๐š ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š’๐šŒ๐šŽ... More

ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.

i

4.8K 92 20
By Hebe_1353

Grosvenor square, 1813.

Dearest reader,the time has come to place our betsfor the upcoming social season.

Consider the household of the Baron Featherington.
Three misses foisted upon the marriage market
like sorrowful sows by there tasteless tactless mama.

Far better odds might exist in the household of
the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton.
A shockingly prolific family,
noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons
and perfectly beautiful daughters.
How very perfect, indeed!

Today is a most important day,
and for some a terrifying one,
for today is the day London's marriage-minded misses
are presented to Her Majesty the Queen.
May God have mercy on their souls.

But as we know, the brighter a lady shines,
the faster she may burn.
It is only the queen's eye that matters today.
A glimmer of displeasure and a young lady's value
plummets to unthinkable depths.

......
--------

WIND rushes along my cheeks while my horse gallops through the field. "Faster Cynthia, or we will be really late." I whisper into her ear and she gallops faster. When we arrive at the house the stable boy is already standing outside. I halt in front of him and jump off the horse. The stable boy grabs the reigns and I start to run inside. "Thank you. Give her something extra, she deserves it." I yell and run inside. I enter through the front door and I am met with an empty hall. I close the door behind me and start to run towards the stairs. "You are late." someone says as I start running up the stairs. "I know Benedict." I say and continue running up the stairs. "Good luck." Benedict says. "Thanks, I am going to need it." I say as I turn right at the top of the stairs and run up another set.

I run towards my room and swing the door open. I walk towards the dressing room and there are standing two maids with a dress and a corset in their hands. I quickly walk toward them and let out a sigh. Relieved that a certain person isn't here. "Delia." a voice says and I stop dead in my tracks. I turn around on my heels and see her sitting on a chair against the wall. "Mother." I say. She looks at me with an angry face. "I know, I know. I am sorry I am late." I say as I look at the floor. "This is a very important day." she says. "I know-" I start. "I don't want to hear any more of it. We don't have much time left." she interrupts me. I nod and walk inside the bathroom with the maids.

When I walk out I am clean and I am wearing the dress. I look at myself in the mirror. "You look beautiful." mother says as she stands beside me. I am wearing a simple white dress that goes down all the way to the ground. The detailing on the dress is simple, there are a few beams on my chest and at the bottom of the dress along the edge, all the way around. Alice starts to put my hair up in a bun, which is a little bit tight for my liking. "I am going to check on your sister." mother says as she walks towards the door. "Don't forget your gloves." she says before exiting the room. When Alice is done doing my hair she hands me the white long-sleeve gloves and I put them on. I look at myself in the mirror again. I touch the gold neckless with a small solid heart on the chain which I got from my father. I wish he was here. "Thank you Alice." I say and Alice smiles at me.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs. Two of my brothers are already in the hall. They are sitting on a little bench, waiting for the rest to arrive. "Well, it looks like I am not the last one this time." I say as I step down the last step of the stairs. They get up from the little bench as soon as they hear my voice. They turn around to look at me. "Delia-" Colin starts as they walk towards me. I put my hand up to silence him. "Stop it." I say. "It is true you know." Benedict. "I can nearly breath in this corset." I say ignoring his comment. They let out a laugh. "I'm surprised mother got you to wear one." Colin says. I look at the ground. It is true I despise corsets. I really don't see the need to wear one. It isn't like it accents my figure that much. It just sinches it in a little. "I am doing this for her." I say as I look back up at them. "She has been waiting for this day for quite some time. I don't want to ruin that for her." I say. "We get it." Benedict says. I give him a small smile and look around the empty hall. "So where is our dearest Lord Bridgerton?" I ask. They both raise their eyebrows and give me a knowing look. "Right." I say knowing what he is doing and with who.

"Oh, Gregory!" Hyacinth yells. I turn around to look at the stairs. Gregory and Hyacinth come running down the stairs. Eloise and Francesca walk behind them. "Is our dear sister still not ready?" Benedict asks. "She's only been readying herself the entire night." Francesca says. I smile, that's my twin. "You mean her entire life." Eloise says and I let out a laugh. She looks at me. "Nice to see that you are on time for once." she says. "I'm not that bad." I say. "Yes, you are." Gregory says who stands beside me. "Hey!" I say but he sprints away before I can grab him. "I shall run upstairs and hasten her along." Colin says and he walks towards the stairs. "Colin, wait. I'll do it." Benedict says as he stops Colin. "She likes me better than you, Benedict." Colin says. "Did she say that?" Benedict asks. "Everyone says that." Colin says. Eloise groans and walks between them and stands at the base of the stairs. "Daphne!" she yells. Everyone stops with what they are doing and look at her. "You must make haste!" she continues yelling. Then she turns around and looks at everyone. "Should you think she heard me?" Eloise asks with a smile and I laugh.

"I think she did." I say as I look at my twin sister who is walking down the stairs with our mother behind her. She is wearing a beautiful white dress with a long train. There is gold detailing on her chest and on the front of the dress. Her hair is tied in a neat bun and she is wearing a gold tiara, along with a silver neckless and of course not to forget the long-sleeve gloves. She walks toward me and stops in front of me. She looks at me and I look at her. "You look absolutely breathtaking." I say. "Nice to see you are on time." Daphne says and she smiles. I also smile. She knows that I don't like to be complimented on my looks. We hug each other.

"We must go." Eloise says. "Right." I say and let go of Daphne. "After you milady." I say as I bow slightly to Daphne. She smiles. "Thank you." she says and walks out of the front door. I follow her and we step into the carriage. Daphne sits next to mother and Hyacinth, I sit on the other side between Eloise and Francesca. The boys take the horses and the carriage starts driving towards the palace. When we ride in front of the palace Daphne looks outside and gasps. I smile at her reaction. This is the life she dreams of and enjoys.

The carriage stops and the door gets opened. Daphne is the first to step out of the carriage and I follow her. I look to my left and see Anthony walking toward us. "How nice of you to join us." I say softly so only he can hear. "How does the opera singer do?" I ask. Anthony widens his eyes slightly at me in warning. I chuckle which makes Daphne look at us. "Anthony! You are here." she says when she sees him. "Of course I am here, sister. I'd never miss such an important day for you and our family." he says. "No, you would just be late for it." mother says. Daphne links one arm with our mother. "Shall we?" Anthony links and links his arm with Daphne's free arm.

Colin and Benedict stand next to me and extend their arms. I take them and follow the others inside. I take in a deep breath, as far as that is possible in this corset. "Nervous?" Collin asks. "Are you?" I ask and look at him. "Why would I be?" he asks. "You're about to stand in a room with the Queen of England." I say. "She intimidates you?" Benedict asks with a hint of surprise in his voice. I turn my head towards him. "She is the most powerful woman in the county." I say, stating my point. "Good point." he says. I look in front of me. We start walking inside. I look around and I am taken away. It is a really beautiful building.

Suddenly Collin and Benedict unhook their arms, brining my attention back to them. "Wait, no, where are you going?" I ask, not wanting them to leave. They smile. "You're gonna do great." Benedict says as he gives me a kiss on the top of my head. "Just remember, everyone will be watching." Collin says with a smirk and they walk away. "Thank you very much." I yell after them, which earns me a few looks from the other mothers and daughters who are standing there. Daphne lets out a small laugh. "There is nothing to be nervous about." she says as she takes my hand. "Just like we practised." she says. I nod and let out a breath. "Just like we practised." I repeat after her. Our mother walks towards us with two big white feathers. "Wait what?" I ask. "I told you you needed to wear these in your hair. It's a tradition." my mother says. I look around and see that all the girls have a big white feather either in their hands or already in their hair. "Right." I say. "It will all be fine Delia." mother says as she takes my hands. "I believe in you." she says. I nod and she puts the feather in my hair.

I hate waiting and guess what I am doing right now. Waiting. We have to wait until it is our turn to go. Just as I think my nerves are going to kill me somebody calls our name and we walk after the man towards two big doors, which are closed. Daphne and I stand side to side. "Are you ready?" she asks. "As ready as I will ever be." I say. "Miss Daphne Bridgeton and Miss Delia Bridgeton, presented by their mother, the Right Honorable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgeton." a voice on the other side of the closed doors says. I just have time to straighten my back and then the doors open.

Keep on smiling. I think to myself as Daphne and I walk through the doors together. I keep my eyes focused on the queen as we walk forward. We stop in front of her and bow. Nothing happens and I take in a deep breath. Then I see the queen walking forwards through the corners of my eye. She walks towards Daphne, who is on my left, puts a finger under her chin, and lifts it up, signaling her that she can get up from her bow. "Flawless, my dear." the queen says and kisses Daphne on the head. Then she walks back towards her throne and I get up from my bow. We take a few steps backward and bow again. "Did that truly just happen?" Daphne whispers. "Keep smiling, dearest." mother whispers as we come up from our bow. "They are watching you now more than ever." she says. Then we turn around and walk out of the hall. When the doors close behind us I swing my arms around my sister. "That was amazing." I say and she laughs and hugs me back. "You weren't so bad yourself." Daphne says with a big smile as she let's me go.

-------
......

It has been said that, '

Of all bitches dead or alive,a scribbling woman is the most canine'
If that should be true,
then this author would like to show you her teeth.
My name is Lady Whistledown.
You do not know me, and rest assured,
you never shall.

But be forewarned,
Dear reader,
I certainly know you.

~✨⬹*⤔✨~

2174 words(10/04/2022)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 648 23
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ปโญ‘.เณƒเฟ *๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏พŸ::โœผโœฟ - โœฟโœผ:๏พŸ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ* ๐’๐ˆ๐Œ๐Ž๐ ๐๐€๐’๐’๐„๐“, the irresistible Duke of Hastings, has hatched a plan to...
331K 8.6K 56
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
16.8K 558 12
The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Strathearn, Charlotte and Benedict Bridgerton, find themselves on the brink of new adventures as they confront the c...
764K 17.5K 35
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined to defy the conventional expectations o...