v.

......
--------

Dearest reader,
this author finds herself compelled
to share the most curious of news.

It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection.
As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance,
fire, and luster has been unearthed.

Her name, unknown to most,
yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson.
This author is left to wonder whether
Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded
Miss Bridgerton for we all must know what
the queen despises more than anything.
Being wrong.

And the drawing-room at Bridgerton House
currently appears to be emptier than the
muddled head of her dearest King George.

It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive
what she has always desired:
the season's true Incomparable living under her own roof.
She must be overjoyed.

It has reached my ears that Mr. Colin Bridgerton
shall be awarded the year's grand prize when he
sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slippered feet.

In other news, a most peculiar suiter for
Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged.

......
--------

A few days pass by and I've managed to avoid all of them. However, my mother forced me into a dress this morning so I could sit with the rest of the family in the drawing-room. According to Eloise, the past few days were all the same. I actually find this all quite entertaining. Anthony sends every suitor away after just a few minutes. Just as he did with this one. "Well, I must be off to my club, then. Sisters. Mother." he says and walks away. "I didn't know that this would be so entertaining." I say as Daphne starts to pace.

"Has anyone else read what Lady Whistledown has written of late?" Eloise says as she looks at us with a shocked face. "Should anyone pay any heed to what Lady Whistledown writes of late? I certainly do not." Hyacinth asks. "Well, I think that she is just stating the facts that we are all too afraid to say." I say. "Mama," Daphne says before anyone can say anything else. "Perhaps we might attend the upcoming Salisbury ball by ourselves and the Merriweather tea too." she says as she looks at our mother. "I believe that Anthony has already replied on our behalf, dearest. Apparently, he has managed our social calendar through June." she says. "He'll be there for the entire season?" Daphne asks.

"Lady Whistledown has made her opinion of our dear sister's fortunes quite clear." Eloise says. "Oh, enough about Lady Whistledown!" Daphne says as she sits down next to me on the bench. "It's not as bad as the duke's." Eloise says. "The duke's?" I ask with my eyebrows slightly raised. "She says that he has been announcing too many mamas that he has no plans of ever marrying, even tho all the girls are all over him." she says. "Really?" I ask trying to hide the smile in my voice. "Yes and the weird thing is that he was spotted dancing with someone she calls 'our very own diamond in the rough'. Now, who could that be?" Eloise says. I swallow. I knew that everyone at the ball could see us dancing, but I was hoping that Lady Whistledown wouldn't mention it in her paper. Well, it could be worse right? I mean she could have used my name.

The door opens. "A caller for Miss Bridgerton." the man says. "Oh!" mother says as she gets up. "The Lord Berbrooke." the man says and I let out a laugh. Nobody wants that man. Daphne grabs my hand as he enters the room. "Lord Berbrooke." mother says as she makes a small bow. He nods. "Uh...Uhm...Come in." she stammers. "May I help you to some freshly prepared biscuits?" she asks regaining herself. "Eloise, allow some room for his lordship, will you?" she says and Eloise stands up from the bench she, Daphne, and I are sitting on. I stay seated and my mother looks at me. "Delia, wouldn't it be time that you practice some piano?" she asks as she extends her hand towards me. "I believe I should like to stay." I say. "I believe you should like to play." she says and I groan. I take her hand and get up. I look back at Daphne. 'I'm sorry' I mouth and she gives me a small smile and a nod.