Destined to be together

By Sacnite00

Two people completely different from one another. Yet destined to be together. Dimitri Martínez CEO of Martín... More

Author's note
Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 32

23.7K 681 188
By Sacnite00

Dimitri

The next morning I walked into the office earlier than the regular.
The lobby was almost full as the employees waited to get into the elevator.
As soon as I walked in the chattering died down.
My shoes made a clicking sound hitting the floor with each step, reflecting my power and authority.
No one moved a muscle but stood where they were fixing their gaze at me.

"For the past couple of days, I have got to hear a lot of things regarding your interest in my personal life, so let me clear all the rumors and misconceptions for all of you today.

" Yes, I am dating Ms. April Adams."
A murmur could be heard.

"I have heard a lot of words going In behind my back and there is absolutely no reason to think any of those are unheard by me."
I turned towards the girls on my left whom I heard bad-mouthing about April the other day.

"If I hear any of my employees to spread any rumor regarding me or my personal life it would not take me a minute to fire you from the company.
I prefer to keep my personal and professional life separated and I hope my employees would keep that in mind and respect my words."

With my final words, I stepped towards the elevator.

I stopped in midway.
"You, meet me at my office now."

I walked into my office and put my phone down. I started unbuttoning my coat when the door was knocked.

"May I come in?"

"Come on in."

"Have a seat." The guy took his seat.

"Lucas right?"

"Yes." He looked up to me.

"Lucas I have something to tell you. I don't know what you said to April, but I think I know what it was regarding."

"As you heard me earlier that I am dating her.
Though I have been a complete asshole to her she still gave me a chance to be with her, and I consider myself the luckiest man alive for that. I don't know what you have heard about her that made you act like that but your actions have hurt her deeply."

I bent down placing my hand on the desk.

"I wouldn't have wasted my time and energy on you but fire you right away but I won't because she consider you as her friend and hurting her would be the last thing on earth that I would do to her. So I hope you'll make your future choices based on the person you know and not the words you heard about them from total strangers."

Lucas didn't utter a word but sat down his head hung low.

April

I walked into the office with my headphones on, checking my emails. Walking towards the elevator goosebumps pricked up on my skin as I felt a strong glare on me.
I looked up to see two girls looking in my direction.
As soon as our eyes met their face brighten up with a smile. Though they tried their best but the bitterness hidden behind that smile couldn't be covered.

"Good Morning, you are looking really pretty today."

"Th-thank you." I gave a quick smile and walked past them.

For the past couple of days, I have been getting a lot more attention but today was different.
Usually, it was always whispers or laughter behind my back but today at least 5 people wished me good morning on my way towards the elevator.
All the known and unknown faces around me were there to offer me a smile.

I walked into his office thinking about the weird things going on. I opened the door and bumped straight into a hard chest.

"Oww."

"I am so-so sorry, I didn't, I mean I wasn't looking....."

I rubbed my forehead and looked up to see Mr. Martínez's precious smile.

"Sorry."

He pulled me in a quick hug and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Good Morning."

"Good Morning, Mr. M... I mean D-Dimitri."

"I have placed some files on your desk, check them if they need any changes, do it, I'll be back till lunch okay?"

"O-okay."

I went to my desk and get started with my work.
Between work, I keep looking up at his empty seat.

The room was silent except for the tickling of the wall clock.
I was actually missing his presence.

On other days whenever I'll look up, I would find him looking at me, or sipping his coffee, and every time our eyes met he would wink, followed by a smile with his dimples popping, and I would go all red.

The air in the room was still filled with his usual cologne.

For the first time in my life, I felt the heaviness of silence, I felt lonely in quiet.

Looking past the window, watching the building and skyscrapers reflecting the gold I felt spring approaching in my heart.

The snow slowly melting down dripping on the newly bloomed flower buds.
I too danced along, bloomed along, waiting for the snow to melt completely, feel the warmth of summer in my skin, unknown of the blizzard coming to bury it deep again.

I continued my work between daydreaming.

I put the files on his table completing all the work and looked up to see the clock.

3:15
He said he'll be back by lunch.

My lips formed into a pout.
I was about to walk to my desk when I heard a knock on the door.
I turned to see Lucas poking his head inside.

"He is n-not here, he-he went out for some work."

"I know. I-I am here to talk to you."

"I thought you'll come for lunch, you didn't so I figured you'll be here."
I didn't say anything but kept my gaze on the floor.

He stood silent for a while.

"April I-I am sorry, I am sorry for the way I behaved with you. I don't know what was I thinking. But all these people in my department kept saying all these stupid things about you and rather than talking to you about it I believed them.
God, I am so stupid.
I didn't know you guys were dating."
He let out a sigh.

"You have always been so nice to me and rather than being your friend, I lashed out at you and mistrusted you."

" I am such a terrible friend. I-I hope you'll forgive me. Even if you don't I totally accept that. You have every right to."
I couldn't hold back my tears till he completes his speech.

"Hey..." Tears continue to drip down my face.

"Hey... I am sorry, please don't cry like that."

It took me some time to get hold of my emotions.

"You okay?"

I nodded.

"So...Uhm... Are we okay?"

I looked up to him and nodded again.

"Oh thank God I thought you'll never talk to me ever again."

"Wait I got something for you, it's actually an apology gift." He took out a big chocolate bar from his pocket.

"Oh, there's another thing."
He held out two sandwiches in front of me.

"Lunch?"

I smiled and took the sandwich out of his hand. We sat down gobbling our lunch, as he cracked all the dad jokes that he missed out on.

We quickly finished our lunch. Mr. Martínez has still not returned.

Lucas turned on his way out of the room.

"When will you finish?"

"I don't..."

"I'll wait for you in the parking lot at 6. He won't be able to drop you off today, he's got some work to do so I'll drop you off okay?"

"But..."

"Don't be late or I'll just leave without you."

"Bye." He ruffled my hair and left the room.

But he said he'll be back.

I stood at the parking lot, it was 6:15 but there was no sight of him. Did he leave without me?

Should I give him a call?

Nah, I'll just wait for 10 more minutes if he doesn't show up then I'll call him, yeah.

I let out a sigh and stood there hugging myself.

Soon a black SUV pulled in.

"Sorry I got a little late, hop in."

His radio was blasting songs that I have never heard in my life and he continued to sing the wrong lyrics confidently and loudly.

I pulled up my phone and tapped on the message.

He said he'll be back, should I text him? But what if he's busy?
Huh...

I let go of the idea of texting him and put the phone back.

The car took a turn towards the beach.

"Umm, this wasn't the turn."

"I know, I have got something to pick up then I'll drop you off. Is that okay?"

"Yeah o-okay."

We reached there in ten minutes. He parked the car and walked out. He came to my side and opened the door for me.

"Uh I-I'll just wait in the car."

"No no, come out and get some fresh air."
He pulled me out of the car and stood me in the middle of the sand.

There wasn't much crowd there as the weather has started to get chilly.

" Get some fresh air and I'll be back in 2 minutes."

"Lucas wai..." And he went off.

I stood in the middle of the almost deserted beach. The cold breeze left goosebumps on my skin.

I looked around trying hard to get my eyes used to the darkness. I turned right to realize there was something there, I could figure out the foggy image.
I sequined my eyes trying hard to find out what it was.
I took a step forward and in an instant, the whole place lit up with light.

The place was beautifully decorated with flowers and fairy lights. The sand was covered with a carpet having a sitting arrangement with food and champagne.

"You like it?" I was so mesmerized I didn't notice when Mr. Martínez walked next to me.

I turned to him with a blank face.

He gently held my hand and guide me to stand under the lights.

"I have been planning to do this for a long time now and I think today is the right day."

"When you walked out yesterday to your house leaving my hand I realized there is nothing in this entire world that I want except to hold your hand and keep holding it till we grow old.

April you have walked into my life in the most unexpected way but right now I can't imagine my life without you being in it.

As if we were destined to be together.

You have made me smile, laugh, and most importantly you have made me fall in love which I never thought I'll have in my life ever again. You have made me fallen in love with you April Adams."

He let go of my hand and took a step back.

" I love you April and today I am asking you to let me love you, to let me be with you for the rest of our life."

He bent down on his knees and pulled out a ring.

"Will you marry me April?"

I stood there staring at his face.

The only thing audible to me was the rapid thumping of my heart.

All of his words didn't make any sense to me, they were foreign, unknown to my knowledge.

I stood staring hard at him till I gained the power to speak and the only word left from my dried mouth was

No.

A/N: Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great. Happy Holidays to everyone. Sending you warm hugs.😁😁❤

The story is coming to an end and I am equally happy and sad.😅

What do you think about the story so far? And what do you think will happen next?

Let me know. Your comments make my day.❤

Also, I would really like to get to know all of my lovely readers so do let me know where you all are from.

Thank you once again to all of you for showing so much love and support.

Keep reading, voting, and commenting.

Thank you.🌿😁💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.5K 1.9K 39
𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬 20 yea...
85.1K 2.4K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
7.3K 273 18
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
8.3K 288 44
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...