The Bastard Queen (Viciously...

By Verbage

Macha just wanted her mother dead. Was that really too much to ask? Tossed out on her ass into the Outerlands... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Haven't Decided Yet
Chapter Two: Not A Bit
Chapter Three: Trust Us
Chapter Four: Nostalgic Overload
Chapter Five: Cold Hearted
Chapter Six: Walk Away?
Chapter Seven: Crazy Little Blue Fish
Chapter Eight: I Am...
Chapter Nine: Progress is Progress
Chapter Ten: Unstable
Chapter Eleven: Crazy Off
Chapter Twelve: The Hangover
Chapter Thirteen: Reunions Galore
Chapter Fourteen: Too Drained to Care
Chapter Fifteen: Conflicted
Chapter Sixteen: Coming to Terms
Chapter Seventeen: Oops.
Chapter Eighteen: Water
Chapter Nineteen: Entering a Wolf's Den
Chapter Twenty: Tested
Chapter Twenty-One: Chaotic
Chapter Twenty-Two: Horse Killer
Chapter Twenty-Three: Breakdown or Breakthrough
Chapter Twenty-Four: Secret Free
Chapter Twenty-Five: Answers At Last
Chapter Twenty-Six: Pure Insanity
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Renaissance Vibes
Chapter Twenty-Eight: An Insomniac's Plan
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Guilt
Chapter Thirty: The Dinner Party
Chapter Thirty-One: The Dinner Party Pt.2
Chapter Thirty-Two: Fraying Restraint
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Damsel In "Distress"
Chapter Thirty-Four: Pull It Out.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Deals, Deals, Deals!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Better Than Chocolate
Chapter Thirty-Seven: 'Last Resort' Stash
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Mother's Touch
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Retaliation
Chapter Forty: Launch Me
Chapter Forty-One: Family Disputes
Chapter Forty-Two: Creating A Man
Chapter Forty-Three: Triggered
Chapter Forty-Four: Tense Situations
Chapter Forty-Five: Mating Gifts
Chapter Forty-Six: Lovers Quarrel
Chapter Forty-Seven: Girl Talk
Chapter Forty-Nine: Game Changer
Chapter Fifty: The Surrendering
Chapter Fifty-One: Rampage
Chapter Fifty-Two: "Nothing Changes."
Chapter Fifty-Three: Find Her
Chapter Fifty-Four: Captain Cunt
Chapter Fifty-Five: An Enigma
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Fuzzies
Chapter Fifty-Seven: War Council
Chapter Fifty-Eight: New Ability
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Flower City
Chapter Sixty: Business First
Chapter Sixty-One: Do What You Want 101
Chapter Sixty-Two: On the Front Lines
Chapter Sixty-Three: It's You?
Chapter Sixty-Four: Moonlight Walks
Chapter Sixty-Five: Taking Charge
Chapter Sixty-Six: Divinity Vs. Tyranny
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Aftermath
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Guy Talk
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Eight: A Tasteful Event

162 20 8
By Verbage

"Not in your fucking life time, Dandelion Fluff." I sneered, looking at the literal ray of sunshine personified.

His wide smile nearly blinded me, "Come on, it's not that bad. It'll just be for a few hours."

Throwing the bottle of brown gunk to shatter against the closest tree, I twisted back to face him with a smile, "Oops. Looks like it slipped."

"That's okay. I brought an extra bottle." Puck states cheerfully, before digging into the pack he brought.

Growling in irritation, I lunged at him with my hands outstretched to wrap around his swan-like neck but a gust of wind pushed me back. Stumbling on the dirt path, I shot Bria a dirty look that she shrugged at while running an affectionate hand over the Seelies shoulder. The little fucker preened underneath his girlfriend's attention, his grin growing impossibly wider as he held out the bottle of crushed Bry berries.

"One of these days, Sunshine. I'm going to rip that fucking grin of yours right off your smug-"

Cutting off my words, Dani laughed, "Divines, Macha. What did he do to you? You were fine with him when you guys first met, you don't even treat other Seelies like this."

"That was before I knew what a happy personality he had." I spat in disgust. "There's just something about him that sets me off."

Puck suddenly perked up, "You know if you think about it, because you're a Divine, aren't you technically half Seelie?"

The forest became deadly still.

Eyes narrowing, I hissed, "I don't know when or how but I'm going to murder you in the most unspeakable way possible. So unspeakable in fact, that I'll be buried for it."

The golden boy blinked and then crowed, "Sounds like they'll remember us for centuries! Two best friends, marked with tragedy! How lovely!"

I froze for a minute at his sheer idiocy before rushing towards him with every intention of snapping his neck like a flower stem. Dani jumped in between us and knocked me back with a gust of wind and shouted, "Enough!"

"I swear, Dani. He has to be doing this on purpose. There's no way the fucker is that-"

"Enough, Macha. We don't have time for this."

Grumbling under my breath, I snapped, "I am not putting that shit in my hair."

"It's temporary dye, Macha. It'll be gone in a matter of hours." She replied, grabbing the bottle from Puck to wave it at me.

Eyeing the bottle in disgust, I caressed one of my blue locks as I looked at them all, "No way. You're asking me to cover up my second best quality and with boring ass brown no less."

"Hey!" Erick snapped.

I raised my hands in a 'well am I wrong?' gesture.

"Out of curiosity, what do you consider your best quality?"

Flicking my gaze to Bria, I gave her a confused look, "Obviously it's my sparkling witt and loveable personality, Babes."

Green brows shot into her hairline as she opened her mouth but was rudely cut off by Dani, "Bria, I know. I know. But we really don't have all the time in the realm to dissect that delusion right now."

"You bitches." I gasped, ready to defend my best qualities.

"Please, My Queen. We can't have them finding out that your in the kingdom and everyone with blue hair is getting a second glance right now." Erick interrupted.

I shook my head and countered, "Covering my hair will do nothing, they'll still see my eyes. Not to mention the, I don't know, treason tattoos spanning my entire body."

All three paused and I laughed, obviously they didn't think about everything. Here we were, standing on the side of the main road that led into the Unseelie Kingdom and they ambushed me with hair dye. Fucking hair dye. A vine whipped out from it's position curled around a tree to smack the bottle out of Puck's hand. The glass cracked and brown gunk slowly crawled free of its prison to cover the poor dirt underneath it. Satisfied, I looked up from the broken bottle to be faced with the unamused faces of my troop.

Rolling my eyes, I sighed, "Look. There's a lot that I'm willing to do for this war and all of you. A lot. But dying my hair is not one of them." I lost my hair once and that was enough for me.

Erick looked ready to argue with me but Dani placed a hand on his shoulder, "Okay."

The single worded agreement took me by surprise but instead of replying, I yanked the hood of my cloak over my head and gave my gloves a tug. With my long hair tightly secured in a bun at the base of my neck, we didn't have to worry about a lock coming loose at the wrong time. The gloves covered the silver swirls on my hands while the sleeves of my cloak and tunic added extra protection to my arms. Shadows casted by my hood hid the tattoos on my neck so the only thing we couldn't cover were my eyes along with my lashes and eyebrows. Though if someone demanded I pull my hood down, I had a plan for that too.

"We'll have to be more careful to avoid the guards but I think we'll reach the Burns Estate without a problem." Bria announced, breaking the silence that we had fallen into.

Puck nodded, "The Burns are having some kind of event tonight so we should be able to sneak in easily."

"Let me guess, your informant told you this?" I asked.

He nodded with a small smile, "Yes and thank you, for not pushing to know who it is."

Cause I'm waiting to get you drunk off sugar wine, Babes. "Of course, I trust you."

Puck's smile turned into a full blown grin that had to hurt before he nudged Bria who shook her head in return.

"Let's get moving." Erick muttered, stepping back onto the road and starting up the path.

Nodding to the others, I stepped out after him and searched the area along the side of the road. We would have already been at the Burns Estate if it wasn't for the fact that Fae couldn't travel into kingdoms. You could travel to just outside the Unseelie or Seelie gates but not inside. Once inside, you could travel anywhere you wanted besides the castle itself. It was a necessity in a realm that was almost constantly at war with one faction of Faekind or another.

We traveled as close as possible without being seen which ended up being about a mile away from the front gates. Boots grinding gravel into the road, I tipped my head further down the closer we got to the entrance. Dressed in casual attire and spread out to look as inconspicuous as possible, we sailed past the guards without issue. However, walking around inside the kingdom was another challenge all together.

The ring of houses along the wall of the Kingdom were rundown and shabby looking with Fae in tattered clothes eyeing us closely. Suspicion and crime ran rampant in this area of the Kingdom where the Fae were too poor to garder Mab's attention but not her punishment. Colorful eyes peeked out from behind crumbling walls and between bent window shutters, tracking our every move. The dirt roads dividing the rundown houses were littered with wood and rubble from the eroding homes.

Slipping my hand into the left side of my cloak, I tapped at the bottom edge of my breast plate and pulled off a small chunk. Rubbing my thumb over the metal, I smirked lightly when it thinned out and started to clink together. Glancing at the others, I pivoted smoothly on my right foot and turned down the small alley alone. Halfway down, I disappeared from existence to reappear in front of the caved in building we passed by a while ago. The letters painted at the top of the faded pink building had withered away with only the white O remaining.

Stepping past the doors that hung precariously on their hinges, dark shadows pooled into the corners in the room. The inky masses no doubt hiding the owners of the gazes burning into my body from the sides. Swinging my eyes from shadow to shadow, I stalked into the center of the room and stopped in front of a crate turned on it's side. The heat of their eyes grew more intense as I stood there unmoving for a long moment.

With a swing of my arm, I bet forward and placed the small pile of gold coins on top. Straightening, I met each pair of small eyes now visible in the shadows, "Because I know what it's like to starve and fight to survive. Worry not children, I'll be back."

Turning on my heel, I disappeared from their view to enter the hazy blue of what I deemed the travel realm. The rundown neighborhoods raced past my vision while my body seemed to remain stationary. My troop was nowhere to be found so I assumed they hadn't noticed my disappearance and continued on with the plan. Picturing the Estate that I had seen on the map, I took a deep breath as the blurred images that filled my vision sped up.

Boots landing with a solid thump on the grass, I grinned as Dani whirled around with a short shriek when I gently touched her arm, "Hey, Babes."

Snarling, she slapped at my arm until Bria pulled her away with a dramatic huff.

Chuckling, I walked past them to peer through the bushes they had been peeping through before I appeared. Using my gloved hands, I pushed the leaves back gently until I could clearly see the otherside. Torches lit the backyard brightly as couples in extravagant masks strolled hand and hand through the waist high hedge maze. Although, my brow arched as I caught sight of a slender calf laying across the top of the hedge and the bowed back right next to the high heeled foot. My brow continued to climb when I took a closer look at the party to see wandering hands and more than a few couples in naughty positions in full view of the others.

Smothering a laugh, I stepped back and looked at Puck, "What kind of event did your informant tell you this was again?"

"He didn't say much, just that it was a tasteful event."

Snorting at his innocently furrowed brow, I corrected, "That's Unseelie slang. This is a sex party, Sun Ray."

"No." He gasped, rushing to look through the large bush. "He wouldn't send us here."

"I don't know why you're laughing." Bria told me, causally. "He's not the one who's going to tell my brother he's at a sex party."

Fuck.

My laughter cut out as I stared at her and bluffed, "Who said I was going to tell him?"

"Puh-lease. You like pissing off my dumbass brother but you'd never hurt him." She scoffed. And then mocked, " 'I would never hurt you like that, Lilly.' "

Lip curling, I spit, "I really need a new guard detail for my tent."

"Oh, like I want to hear you two fucking or fighting." She shot back with a roll of her eyes.

Turning with a scoff, I shot over my shoulder, "Dani, Puck, Erick and Bria, fashion masks over your faces and get ready to go in. The rest of you fan out and stay hidden."

With that said, I reached out to Cillian, Your little sister is annoying.

Don't pretend you don't like her. He responded drly, a few seconds later.

You're right, I do. But that's not the point right now.

Then what is, Cell Bait?

Your thoughts on me accidentally attending a sex party.

There was a long pause before his smooth but now slightly tense voice entered my mind once more, How do you accidentally attend a sex party?

Puck's informant told him the best chance to talk with the Burns was during their tasteful event. Puck didn't realize what that meant. I replied, letting my amusement at the Seelie's blunder leak into my tone.

I won't lie, I don't like the thought of you at a sex party. Even more so if I'm not with you but this is something you have to do. Thank you for letting me know.

My nose scrunched at the formality of his response, Cut the shit, Lilly. Tell me how you honestly feel.

I don't like that you're there, not that I don't trust you, it's just...It's...uncomfortable for me.

"Macha, we really should-"

Raising a hand, I cut Erick off to focus on Cillian, I understand that. I would be too. So, let's make this comfortable for you.

...How exactly do you plan to do that?

Pulling on the cord, I tugged the Fae diamond he crafted for me out from underneath my tunic. Brushing a thumb over the smooth surface, I made sure it was visible to all before grabbing the mask Dani held out to me. Vines wound delicately around each other and curled beneath the small white flowers that lined the outline of my eyes. The flowers ingeniously hid my eyes enough to distract from my eye color while not being too obvious. While the design was beautiful, it was too light to have been made by anyone other than Puck.

Sneering a little, I slid it on my face, "Let's go. Puck, lead the way to the Burns twins."

After giving me a determined nod, he waved at the bushes we had all been peeking through. Quickly sliding through the opening, we fanned out slightly and began walking towards the Estate. Chin notched up arrogantly, I strolled confidently past the couples moaning in different positions throughout the short maze. Eyes soaking in my surroundings, I kept one eye on Puck and followed his direction without making it obvious.

There's a couple here that's in the same position we were in a few weeks ago.

Macha-

They're doing it wrong. It's all tender touches and delicate gasps. I continued, eyeing the black haired couple driving each other towards sexual bliss. How incredibly boring, no passion at all.

Why are you-

You know, sometimes I can still feel your bruising grip on my hips. The slide of your calluses across the smooth skin of my throat as you squeeze. We could teach these Fae a thing or two about passion, Lilly.

His voice, thick with desire, rolled through my mind. Too bad for them, they'll never get that lesson. What else do you remember?

Oh, every detail. I purred, stepping around a couple in the mist of oral sex beside the doorway as I entered the Estate. I especially remember the way your hips slammed into mine at a brutal pace. Diving yourself deeper and deeper, I could still feel you the next day. I want that again.

A deep bass thumped hypnotically throughout the dark Estate, torches along the walls and small fire pits scattered about the living room gave the inside a red glow. Shapes withered and moaned in the shadows, the red light reflecting off a few with shiny masks. The aura of lust and desire that drenched the room was so intense that I would be shocked if there weren't at least five Nymphs currently in the room. Sidestepping a muscular arm reaching for my hip, I smoothly made for the doorway where a flash of gold disappeared.

So do I, Cell Bait. I'm looking forward to your next punishment.

Stopping to lean up against the farthest wall as Puck and Bria approach the pair we were here to see, I mocked, Punishment? I've been nothing but good, Your Majesty.

Lying so soon, Peasant? Forgetting to eat requires a punishment.

Oh, I don't think sooo. I sing-songed with a sharp eye on the way Puck physically recoiled from, who I was almost positive was, Fiona Burns.

And why's that?

Cocking my head with narrowed eyes, I pushed myself off the wall and slaughtered after the foursome that was gliding out of the dark room. Winding around a fire, I trailed my fingers through the heat and pulled a tendril of flame free to curl around my wrist. The sole of my heels made dull clicks over the marbled flooring that were barely a whisper underneath the thumping bass. Feeling the seductive beat echoing in my chest, I pushed past the curtained doorway.

Because if I hadn't told you, you'd never know. In fact, I think I deserve a reward.

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes locked on a spectacle in the middle of the room. Half naked Fae lounged on the black leather couches petting each other rhythmically while watching the couple in the center. Wrists and ankles bound to the bars above and below her, a masked woman, clad in only a pair of black heels, cried out wantonly as the leather fingers of the whip cracked against her bare back. The Fae wielding the whip panted with fevered eyes glued to her captive and called out demeaning names that had the female grinding at the air to find release.

Suddenly the room began to flicker, concrete walls replaced the dark wood and the bars holding the woman twisted into daunting iron chains. Blinking rapidly, I held still and frantically fought to blink away the chains that seemed to float towards me with a brown haired man holding the ends smiling sinisterly. The iron snapped forward and locked around my wrists causing Fearghas to laugh maniacally while tugging me towards him, "Where have you been, inmate? We have a lot to catch up on."

Air raced in and out of my lungs as I shook my head in denial, No. No, this isn't real. He's dead. I skinned him alive and decapitated him before I got out. He's not real, He's not here, He's not here. He's dead. Right? RIGHT?

Macha? What's wrong? What's happening?

With a blink at the sudden appearance of Cillians voice, the scene before me disappeared to be replaced by the moans and darkened room of the sex party. Though a few colorful eyes were turned in my direction, watching the speed of my chest and wide eyes with a curious glint. Frustrated tears pricked the corners of my eyes, I guess it was too much to ask for the most traumatized portion of my soul to have been burned away. Forcing my breathing to even out, I flashed a false smile at the Fae looking my way making them turn away somewhat placated. Pushing my emotions to the back of my mind for the moment, I quickly looked around for where the twins had ushered Puck and Bria off to.

Macha!

I gave a slight wince at the bark of my name and hurried over to the only door in the room that didn't lead back outside. I'm fine, Cillian. Just a minor lapse in reality, nothing to worry about.

'A minor lapse in reality' is generally something to worry about, Macha.

The sarcasm coding his tone was so thick, I was surprised he was even able to force it out without choking. Rolling my eyes, I replied, It's nothing. I just saw something that triggered what I can only describe as a living nightmare.

What was it?

Gripping the doorknob, I gave it an experimental twist before pushing it inwards and stepping inside. Closing the door softly behind me, I scanned the bookshelves packed to the brim that lined the walls and the thick white desk covered in files and pens. Besides myself, there was nobody else in the room which caused a slight surge of panic to thrum through my veins. Did they go outside?

Macha, what was it?

Distracted, I hummed, What was what?

The trigger. What caused you to have a living nightmare?

My eyes snapped to the sound of raised voices coming from underneath the innocent looking cream colored rug. The sound proof walls blocking the music and moans from the outside making the sound coming from the floor audible. Using a booted foot, I kicked the rug away to find a small groove and the outline of a square door. Squatting, I slipped my fingers into the groove and silently pulled the trapdoor open. Cocking my head, I gazed down at the metal stairs and the bright light coming from further inside. Voices came wafting up to the top, sounds like they were arguing. Something about being Mab's spy and being sick of the loyalty tests.

A woman was being whipped for pleasure....I don't know why but out of everything they used on me. The spiked whip was the one I dreaded the most. I muttered off-handedly. I have to go now, Lilly. About to meet the twins, I'll tell you how it went after.

Stay safe, Cell Bait.

Pushing the hood of my cloak down, I slid the mask from my face to leave on the floor and pressed a hand to the first metal step. Melding into each other with a slight curve, I grinned and moved to sit on the edge before scooting forward. Wind brushed over my face gently as I slid down into the twins' lair. My boots hit the stone floor with a slap while I took in my surroundings, squinting slightly against the bright light. Puck and Bria were chained up against the left wall while a male and a female with yellow hair yelled at them. The rest of the room held cells and the appropriate amount of torture devices.

Since my entrance went astonishingly unnoticed and my friends looked unhurt despite the iron binding them, I folded my arms behind my head and leaned back to watch.

Wild curls the color of the sun bounced as Fiona jabbed a finger at Bria and then Puck, "I know why Mab sent you but why do you have a Seelie with you?"

Bria groaned loudly in annoyance, "For the last time, Mab did not send me."

"You're a Grymes. If she didn't, then who did?" Finn, a few inches taller than his twin, asked.

Clearing his throat, Puck gave them a soft smile, "Queen Macha the Divine."

The twins shared a look before they began to laugh bitchily.

Well, fuck you too. I mused with a raised brow.

"Mab's Bastard? The so-called Divine amassing an army to take her down?" Finn spat, lip curling in disgust. "Yea, right. What would a Unseelie God want with a Seelie and a member of Mab's most loyal family?"

Fiona mimicked her brother's expression, "Nothing. Let's just kill them and get back to the party."

"So, you're content to follow Mab in this war then?"

Two pairs of yellow eyes fixed on Bria's green ones as they responded together, "There is no other choice."

"You mean, you won't take the risk. Did your father's execution for treason turn you into a couple of cowards?"

Pale faces flushed bright red within seconds and Finn snapped back, "Don't talk about our father."

"I'll show you a coward." Fiona hissed, flinging her left arm at the pair.

A bright light had just started to glow in her palm when she dropped her arm with a pained shout of surprise. The small tendril of flame I grabbed from the fire earlier broke around her wrist before it extinguished, singeing her skin an inflamed pink. Rising to my feet, I walked further into the room where I finally caught the attention I desired.

"Your concentration is shit, Babes. Truly, embarrassing."

The twins spun quickly on their heel to face me and shouted together, "Who the fuck are you? How'd you get down here?"

Eyeing the sharp planes of their features, I tilted my head side to side as I thought on their question, "I'm finding that question harder and harder to answer everyday. Death God to the Banshees, Last Living Divine to the religious, Bastard Queen to my past kingdom, Queen Macha to my new one, Emotionally Unavailable Bitch to my exes... Really, Babes. You could take your pick."

Shock seemed to be permanently etched into their faces causing me to preen slightly underneath the awe shining in the females eyes. Yes, I really am quite glorious. Aren't I?

Finn seemed to recover first with eyes narrowed in suspicion, "How do we know it's really you? How do we know you're really Mab's Bastard and the Divine?"

Shrugging off my cloak and gloves, I dropped them to the floor and pushed my sleeves up to show off my prison sentence, "This enough proof for you?"

Silence fell over the room as the twins' yellow eyes roamed over my tattooed arms and exposed neck. Until Finn broke it once more, "Tattoos can be faked."

Raising a brow, I brought two fingers to my mouth and licked them before bringing them to my forearm and rubbed exaggeratedly. After a moment or two, I raised them, "See? They're real, Babes."

"It really is you." Fiona murmured breathily.

Shooting her a wink, I replied, "In the flesh. Could you unchain my friends now, Babes?"

The female turned without hesitation only to be yanked back by her brother, "Fiona, what the hell is wrong with you? Those tattoos don't prove anything! They could all be working for Mab trying to test our loyalty!"

Sighing dramatically, I asked, "What would satisfy you, Babes? A magic show perhaps? That seems age appropriate."

"If you really are Macha, don't you want something from us? So shouldn't you be more accommodating?"

Interest peaked, I questioned, "Like a quid pro quo?"

"I guess."

Taking a large step forward until I could see the glow of my blue eyes in his yellow ones, I purred with a wide grin, "Like a deal?"

"Ye-"

He was jerked out of my view seconds before Fiona shouted, "No! We believe it's you. There's no need for a deal."

Grinning predatorily, I murmured, "Smart girl."

"We don't need to make a deal. The Burns family is with you."

"Fiona! You can just decide that without the rest of the-"

Her grip on her brother's arm tightened as she yanked him to face her, "Yes, I can. We're the head of this family but I'm the eldest. Mother doesn't get out of bed anymore and the others are too young. Do you really want to continue to serve the bitch who murdered our father in cold blood?"

"No, of course not but we don't know her. She could be just like her mother."

Before I could butt into the conversation to convince them to join us, Fiona did it for me, "I do. They whisper stories about her in the market, Fae who've met her soldiers re-tell the stories they were told about her. I've been following her journey since she escaped Slykhelm, Macha's the real deal. She's nothing like her mother. She fights in battles, she sleeps in the camp with her soldiers, I even heard whispers that she admitted her mistakes to everyone in the camp! Can you imagine following a Queen who admits when she's made a mistake, Finn? Think about it, do you really want little Iris and Quinn to grow up under Mab's regime? Growing up to have the same fears we have now? This is our chance, Little Brother. "

Yellow eyes peered back at his sister from several long moments before he gave a slow nod in agreement.

Flashing her brother a relieved smile, Fiona raced over to Bria and Puck who were calmly waiting to be unchained. Pulling a small key from the pocket of her leather beeches, she quickly unchained the pair with quietly whispered apologies. Once she was finished, she quickly walked back to her twin's side as Puck and Bria rubbed at their wrists.

"What do you need us to do?" Finn asked, broad shoulders pulled back determinedly.

I grinned, "I'm loving the enthusiasm, Babes. But first things first, we need to do a deal."

Fiona's yellow brows furrowed, "But I pledged my family's loyalty. Isn't that enough?"

"No. Your members of Mab's Court, you live firmly inside her Kingdom. I need to make sure that you aren't going to put the thousands of people counting on me at risk. Because if this backfires, I'm going to be supremely pissed off."

The twins glanced at each other and together replied, "Okay. What's the deal?"

Feeling a hum of energy vibrating through my chest, I looked into each of their eyes before stating the terms, "Your loyalty and discretion is mine, you will answer the call to war without hesitation when the time comes, everything you are told is not to be discussed with others outside of your Estate. In return, you will be allowed to keep your Estate and you will be rewarded a spot in my Court. However, if you fail to uphold your end of the deal, you will burn from the inside out after watching me kill the rest of your family."

The male paled considerably, "That's a steep price to pay for breaking a deal."

"If you break the deal, I'll be suffering a steeper price than that. I believe this to be fair." I replied, gravely.

"Would it be possible to change that Court seat to a Council seat?" Fiona asked, swallowing thickly.

My lips twitched, any good Unseelie always strived for more, "No. The council seats are reserved for more influential Fae as they will weigh in on realm laws and matters. As Fae in my Court however, you will receive my favor in matters pertaining to your personal success and have your pick of title carrying mates. This would be the same for your younger siblings when they are of age as well. Do we have a deal?"

The curly yellow haired female thought it over before bowing her head followed by the lowering of her lashes, "We have a deal, My Queen."

A fresh surge of power raced through me at her words causing a grin to split my face. Turning to the boy, I waited.

Casting a glance at his sister, he copied her movements, "It's a deal, My Queen."

"Now, Babes." Placing a hand on each of their shoulders, I could see a blue tint lighting their pale faces as they gazed up at my grinning form. "Let's talk treason."

——————————————————————————

I liked this chapter, lmao. Macha was a little bitchy and ruthless. But a sex party? Who would have thought that a God would attend a sex party? It does make me curious about who Puck's informant is? Perhaps a man with a sense of humor? Hmmmmm. What about Macha's reveal that whips were a sore sport for her? Did you guys already have an inkling of that?

As always, comment or like if you enjoyed the chapter!

Merry Christmas, Verbage🎄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 164 19
Stuck. That's how Athena felt in her life. Stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel. Athena's friends were her only outlet in the shitty town she...
1.6K 145 40
Through thick and thin the Law shall prevail. A new sense of purpose awaits us, children of light, in the land where it all began. The darkness in wh...
30.9K 712 40
"Tš”šžš«šž š¢š¬ š¬šØš¦šžš­š”š¢š§š  ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš® š­š”ššš­ š¦ššš¤šžš¬ š¦šž šŖš®šžš¬š­š¢šØš§ š¦š² š¬ššš§š¢š­š²," š”šž š°š”š¢š¬š©šžš«šžš š›š«šžššš­...
14.4K 1.9K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...