To a different world (Azur La...

By Remnos

When y/n thought 2020 couldn't get any worse, something happened out of this world. Will he survive it, or wi... More

Y/n l/n's Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1 - A new world
Chapter 2 - Introductions
Chapter 3 - The first battle
Chapter 4 - Confusions.
Chapter 5 - Meeting the future
Chapter 7 - Duel
Chapter 8 - repairs and discoveries
Chapter 9 - Sharing the Future
Chapter 10 - My past, their future.
Chapter 11 - The Denmark strait
Chapter 12 - Endless Abyss.

Chapter 6 - Helping the rest

4.8K 72 26
By Remnos

As y/n was walking around the base, he noticed a few things that stood out to him. For example, a giant golden anchor in some sort of courtyard. As he went in to the courtyard, he saw that it was surrounded by other building. Courious as to what these buildings were, he walked towards the one on his right. He came into some sort of main hall, with hallways going in every direction. On the left he saw a library, in the front there was some sort of reception desk and to the right was a long hallway with a sign that read: A1-A10. Y/n didn't know what this meant, so he went down said hallway to check it out. As he walked down the long corridor, he could see the courtyard on his right and about 10 doors on the left. 

y/n:  Are these classrooms?

As y/n looked through the windows next to one of the doors,  he recognised the familiar lay-out of a normal classroom, with about 30 tables all pointing towards a single chalkboard at the front of the room

???: Hello.

y/n: Wha!

???: I'm sorry, i didn't mean to scare you.

y/n: Oh it's fine, i just didn't hear you coming. Who are you? I haven't seen you walking around the base before.

Yorktown: My name is USS Yorktown, first ship of the Yorktown class aircraft carriers.

y/n: So you're Enterprises sister?

Yorktown: Correct, may i know who you are?

y/n: I am Y/n L/n, but my "ship" is the USS Arleigh Burke.

Yorktown: Aren't you and your ship the same being?

y/n: I'm still confused about that aswell. You see, i'm not really familiar with this place. This universe even.

Yorktown: What do you mean?

y/n: Well, i was just sitting at home, when all of the sudden my laptop started doing some crazy things. As i went to check it out, i suddenly got sucked in, blacked out and woke up in a hospital nearby.

Yorktown: I think i actually overheard some people talking about you. A random person falling out of the sky, and some weird looking destroyer in the port.

y/n: That would be me, yes.

Yorktown: Interesting, but can i help you with anything? It looked like you were searching for something.

y/n: I was just curious what this place was. Is it some sort of library?

Yorktown: Not exactly. It's a school for training the younger corvettes and torpedo boats, so that they can support destroyers and escort merchant vessels.

y/n: So these are actually classrooms, i thought they resembeled them.

Yorktown: Yes, and i am actually one of the teachers here.

y/n: Wait really? Why would they put a aircraft carrier here of all places. Wouldn't they need you in the war?

Yorktown: Sadly, i was severly damaged, which meant i'm not combat capable anymore. So they decided to give me another use and put me here as a teacher. Even though it's fun and i like it here, i do miss the old battles with my sisters.

y/n: I can understand that. i wish i could do something about it but as of now, i don't have anything in my power to change it.

Yorktown: Don't stress yourself just because i can't fight anymore. 

y/n: But still...

Yorktown: Don't worry about me, just try to keep my sister safe.

y/n: I will, i promise.

Yorktown: Thank you. I would like to keep chatting, but sadly i still have papers to grade and lessons to prepare, so i have to take my leave.

y/n: I understand, i'll see you around.

Yorktown: Bye!

Walking back outside, y/n tried thinking of a way to reverse the damage done to the unfortunate aircraft carrier. Mayby he could try to repair it himself, but also that wouldn't work out, becuase y/n had no technical experience at all. After he couldn't seem to find anything that even had a slight chance of working, he put the problem at the back of his head and continued on exploring the base.  But when he came across the docks, he noticed Enterprise and Cleveland running towards the ocean and equipping the rigging. 

y/n: Hey Cleveland, what is going on?

Cleveland: Hornet's fleet is under attack!

y/n: That's one of Yorktown's sisters...

Remembering the promise he made earlier to the carrier, he too immiediatly equipped his rigging and started following the small rescue fleet.

y/n: Where are they right now?

Cleveland: They are about 20 kilometers north of here!

y/n: Okay, and who is attacking them?

Cleveland: Two carriers of the Sakura Empire, but we don't which ones they exactly are.

y/n: Understood.

To get some extra intel on the enemy, y/n launched one of two helicopters he currently had on board keeping one incase the other got shot down. As it approached the battle field, y/n could immediatly see that the odds were stacked against Hornet's fleet with most of its ships knocked out. Only Hornet was still fighting, but she was always on the defensive side.

y/n: That's not good...

Enterprise: What is it?

y/n: Most of their fleet have already suffered damage, and both carriers are now attacking hornet.

Enterprise: Than we better hurry up!

Cleveland: Enterprise wait! You're going to far ahead!

Enterprise: Slowing down is a waste of time!

y/n: You're too damaged to go this fast! If you keep this up, than it can have severe consequences!

Enterprise: I can't slow down, Hornet is my sister.

Cleveland:Oh, i understand... I mean, it's great to see you have a human side after all!

y/n: Yeah, even though that is nice, she isn't looking after herself.

Cleveland: I suppose that's true.

AS the group started to approach the battle, y/n launched to missiles at both aircraft carriers.

y/n: Tomahawks away!

As the Tomahawks started to close in on their respective carriers, all forces on the battlefield turned towards the sound and saw two streaks of smoke with a missile flying at high speeds towards them.

Hornet: What the?

Shoukaku: What are those?

Zuikaku: Are they... Coming this way?

Shoukaku: They are!

Shoukaku noticed that the weapons were indeed trying to hit them, and managed to evade it in time. But her sister wasn't so fortunate, as she was hit by the cruise missile.

Zuikaku: Shoukaku!

Shoukaku: Don't worry, the damage is only minor with a few fires along the lower decks.

Zuikaku: That's good to hear. Now, where did that come from?

As both carriers looked across the horizon for the ship that fired the tomahawks at them, Hornet managed to get some distance from the fight and start setting up her own attack. Suddenly, more engine sounds could be heard as multiple dive bombers started dropping their payloud on top of the Sakura Empire carriers. Zuikaku immediatly saw that they weren't coming from Hornet, and made the logical connection that Enterprise must be nearby.

Zuikaku: Shoukaku, this is most likely Enterprises doing, as Hornet wouldn't have been able to launch such an attack on such a short notice and Yorktown is out of commission!

Shoukaku: That would be logical yes!

Hornet: Thanks sister!

Enterprise: Go!

Enterprise started launching more aircraft while she passed Hornet, so that the latter managed to set up her own attack to support her sister.

Zuikaku: There you are, Grey Ghost!

Zuikaku landed back on the water, and made a dash towards the Eagle Union carrier. Meanwhile, y/n started to sneakily approach Shoukaku, who didn't notice him and kept sending out planes.

Shoukaku: This melody is a requiem, to quell the dead.

Still distracted by the other carriers, y/n managed to get in range and fire his main cannon at Shoukaku. The carrier didn't have enough time to evade so most of the shells hit her, but since it only was a small caliber it didn't inflict much damage.

Shoukaku: What?

y/n: Hello there!

Chapter 6 is finished! This was fun to write, as it was the first battle i could really implement y/n in, because he is a bit more familiar with the "you're a ship" thing. Sometimes i find small mistakes which i try to fix as fast as possible, so that's why i sometimes randomly update the book even though it isn't a new chapter.

Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 67 18
Yes, the Leipzig Class, Leipzig and Nürnberg. Too often were they killed/maimed off-screen, are covered in only a Lemon story or aren't even mentione...
46.2K 1K 32
So After Bismarck got sank by the Royal Navy because she killed Hood, She regrets it so badly a mysterious figure approaches her and offers her a dea...
877 22 7
*READ DESCRIPTION* in 2073, After fighting through a 72 year old war, the USS Hurricane, a guided missile battleship, slowly sinks into the water onl...
5.2K 149 16
"Destiny is no matter of Chance. It is a matter of Choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved... Destiny is what you're...