Hi, Welcome to My Hero Academ...

By ATakenUsername1

You're dead. Don't worry though, you're about to take on a new life at UA. Actually, maybe do worry, it's al... More

Actress
Starry Eyes
Blue skies Turn Orange
Black Lies
Night Flight
Cool Touch

Awakening

830 27 9
By ATakenUsername1

THUMP

Your head bounced painfully against a hard floor.
Ouch.
Slightly disoriented, you attempted to observe your surroundings.

You were in a room - an unfamiliar bedroom.

———————

———————

"So..."

A low, drawling voice cut the silence. Your heart leaped to your throat in response.

Poised upon a desk, a sly looking male smirked down at you.
You swore he wasn't there a second ago.
He chuckled at your shocked appearance, crossing his arms against his chest. Weirdly, he looked slightly transparent. You could see cluttered books and paper behind him.

"Who..." You were at a loss of words.
Where are you?
Who is this guy?
What is going on?
"Slow down that brain, sweet cheeks." The male walked forward to crouch infront of your kneeling form. To your utter disbelief, a long cats tail unfurled from behind him, swishing to curl around his feet. A pair of matching black ears completed the look, locked forward attentively.
"You wanna know what's going on right?" He drawled. To add to the strangeness of it all, the man seemed to have an almost ethereal 'glow' about him.

"Well,  to start things off... You're dead."
"..."
What?

"You died in your sleep... Not a particularly heroic death, I'm afraid..." He produced a foxy grin, choosing to prop his chin on his palm - elbow rested on his thigh. His tail flicked outwards, brushing the cold skin of your trembling fingers.

"In... my sleep?" You were mortified.

"You had a cute sleep-death face if that makes you feel any better." He winked.

An icy wave of dread capsized your stomach.

"I'm Kuro, your official guardian spirit. And I'm here to help you with your next life." He puffed his chest out lightly like he was proud of himself, yellow eyes gleaming with pride.
"I'm... dead." Your wide eyes dropped to floor, lost in shock.
"We've established that, doll face. Now, about your next life-"
"I'm dead. Oh shit- I'm actually- I'm..." You threw your head into your hands, fingers tangling in the strands.
This couldn't be happening...
You felt like you were hyperventilating, unable to take a fulfilling breath.
You didn't feel dead.
Nevertheless, there was currently a glowing-transparent-feline-male in front of you and honestly... that was convincing enough.

You paused.
The hair in your hands felt foreign.
Shooting to your feet, you yanked your hands into your line of sight.
They didn't look like your hands.

Taking a quick glance around, you noticed a small stick on mirror next to the entrance door and quickly stumbled towards it.
"You should really let me explain first!" Kuro chimed, looking way too smug.
You raced to the mirror, a hunch spurring you on...

"WHAT?!"
You were not you.
You didn't recognise an inch of your face.
Also, by the looks of it, you were a male.
Black strands of hair tickled your eyebrows, irises so black you could barely make out your pupils. The only bright side was that you were actually unfairly attractive...

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what is going on..." You gasped, desperately looking around the room. Your eyes landed on Kuro, who was giving you an evil grin.
"Gonna let me explain the situation or do you wanna carry on with your little temper tantrum?" He was standing, facing you now. A playful glint in his eyes.
"Explain." You gritted your teeth.
You were scared.
You had no idea what was going on and you've just been told your dead.

"You died," Kuro paused to let it sink in,
"And when you die two things can happen." He took another moment to flick his eyes up and down your form.
"In simple terms, you either reside in what you humans call Hell - or you move on to another life - which is what's happening to you." He held eye contact, gaging your reaction.

Weirdly, you believed every word he was saying. For some unimaginable reason you felt like every word he was saying was true.
"Now there's a couple rules..." he fiddled about in his pockets, searching for something.

"So I just have to start a new life?"
You didn't know what to think.
Did you want this?
You felt robbed - why couldn't you have just carried on with your old life - why did you have to die?
"Here she is..." He pulled out a small book, flicking through a couple pages.
"First rule - listen, sweet cheeks -you can't tell anyone of your previous life, alright?" He gaze turned slightly more serious. You shifted uncomfortably under the sudden dynamic change.
"So I just have to live in this life? No warning? My other life is just gone?" You raised your voice, tears threatening to spill.
"You tell anyone and both you and me are in deep shit, alright?" He furrowed his brows, playful demeanour vanished. You felt like you were starting to hyperventilate again.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

You were seriously going to die again, now of a heart attack.

"Akashi? Are you okay in there?" It was a male voice, a weirdly familiar male voice.
You immediately looked to Kuro.
"What am I supposed to do!" You hissed.
"Figure it out." He mouthed, choosing to perch himself back on your desk.
"What?!" You almost shouted, panicked.
"Um, just checking to see if you're alright? I could hear you shouting... Can I come in?" You didn't mean for him to hear that. You quickly glanced back to Kuro-

He was gone.
Disappeared.
"Oh my fucking- shit..." You paced away from the door.

What were you going to do? Who is this guy outside of your room? Is Akashi you? What if you're not Akashi and he freaks out?

"Akashi? Are you okay? I'm coming in."
Wait-wait-wait- he can NOT come in.
You'd paced far enough from the door that you wouldn't be able to reach it in time-
"WAI-"

You stopped. A boy came through the door, looking heavily concerned. He had red hair... Red eyes...?
"Kirishima?" You live with a cosplayer? Or is this the actual Kirishima... No, that's impossible.
"Er yes it's me? Have you been crying?" 'Kirishima' started to step towards you, you took a reflexive step back.
His brow furrowed at your reaction.

Kirishima was in your room.THE Kirishima. You took another look at your room. It was a dorm room - it had a similar structure to the UA dorms - are you in the world of My Hero Academia?

"-shi are you listening to me? Dude, you really don't look good." A hand found it's way to your shoulder, Kirishima's hand. You flung yourself back and the unexpected touch, landing on the ground with a painful thud.
"Akashi!" Kirishima looked just as panicked as you did. Half on his way to help you up but holding himself back like he was scared of making you flinch again.

A whirlwind of thoughts bulldozed through your head.
1 - You live in the UA Dorms
2 - You probably have some sort of quirk.
3 - You're likely in class 1A or a higher year group.

Subtly, you noticed movement over Kirishima's shoulder. You froze when you saw none other than Kuro, leaning against the door frame. He mouthed:
"Rule Number one," sticking one of his fingers up to prove a point.
You couldn't tell Kirishima who you were.

"Um... I'm okay - I just - um... had a nightmare?" You cringed at your pathetically thrown together lie.
Kuro silently sighed.
"It just freaked me out a lot, sorry for making you worry..." You could barely look at either of the men. Your heart was racing unhelpfully fast.

"Oh... Do you wanna talk about it?" Kirishima replied, carefully. He still looked like he was contemplating helping you up or not.
"No, it's okay - I'm fine now. Thanks for checking on me though..."
You needed to get him out.
He's probably not supposed to see Kuro, right?

"Are you sure?" Kirishima didn't look in the slightest bit convinced.
"Maybe talk tomorrow or something? I just need to sleep." You conceded, trying your best to not constantly flick your eyes to Kuro, who was looking far too relaxed.
"Okay... I'm just next door if you need me..." Kirishima trailed off. He turned to the door, walking straight though Kuro like he didn't exist.
"Goodnight, Akashi..." Kirishima looked reluctant but quietly closed the door behind him.

"Well, well, that could have gone much worse." Kuro said with a grin.
"I actually despise you." You whispered, done with whatever games he was playing - you were in an anime world. You just talked to Kirishima.
"Woahhh, let's not shoot the messenger. I'm here to help you." He raised his hands in mock surrender.
"You literally just told me to figure it out. You're useless!" You hissed, you didn't want Kirishima coming in again.
"Oya? I'm useless now am I? Well let's see how well you do on your own." He grinned.
Then he disappeared.
Again.

...

It was a long night.
You didn't dare leave your dorm room incase you ran into someone else you were supposed to know.

It took about 10 minutes for everything to sink in.

This was your life now.

You needed to work out who Akashi was.

Akashi's desk was unhelpfully unorganised, full of scattered paper and books. After some sorting and tidying, you found different coloured text books:

Aito Akashi

was written on the the front of each one.
At least you knew your full name. It seemed Aito had vaguely neat looking handwriting and was generally average in scores. There were a few miscellaneous scribbles in the corner of some pages, a few looking like they were done by other people.

You tackled Akashi's phone next.
You didn't know the password so you were silently grateful for face recognition. Flicking through some contacts, you noted there wasn't a mother or father contact. Most of the names were people from Class A, whilst there were also a few you didn't recognise. Additionally, Akashi was in a group chat with Bakugou, Kirishima, Mina, Denki and Sero... So he was in the Bakusquad? Browsing through some previous messages, Akashi seemed to be a bright and bubbly type, frequently joining in on Denki's and Kirishima's jokes while sending a lot of cat memes.

Lastly, You looked at the camera roll. There were multitudes of random videos and photos of the Bakusquad - Akashi was laughing in pretty much all of the photos. You saw some pictures with people you didn't recognise and a bunch of screenshots of memes.

What was most strange was the copious amount of pictures of places. Not even pictures of beaches or monuments but pictures of random rooms you didn't recognise. You were pretty sure there was one of the classroom and the dorm, even one that looked like Bakugou's room.
Weird.

To add to that, the whole wall above Akashi's bed was filled with polaroids. Again, all looking like places that didn't seem to have any particular value or meaning.
You snooped around Akashi's room a bit more. He had a some sort of futuristic gaming console that linked to the TV sat on his dresser. He had mostly car racing games, a few shooting ones and a couple story based ones.

After a while you decided to call it a night. You'd found out pretty much everything you could from Akashi's room.

You were absolutely terrified for tomorrow, you still had no idea what your quirk was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.2K 2.9K 32
lฤฑllฤฑlฤฑ.ฤฑllฤฑ.ฤฑlฤฑlฤฑฤฑlฤฑฤฑ.lllฤฑฤฑฤฑlฤฑ. ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ '๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’ƒ๐’๐’š' 0:26 ---โ™ก--- 3:45 โ—โ— โ– โ–Œ โ–ทโ–ท โ๐™”๐™š๐™–๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ...
598K 22.3K 143
After the tragic deaths of her parents, the hero duo Water Hose, Izumi Y/n vows to become a hero just like her parents. Her goal is to grow even stro...
20.8K 241 8
You are a new student at UA and immediately make friends with your whole class after a few weeks you find yourself falling in love with 4 guys and th...
465K 12.1K 60
โš ๏ธ Mature Content โš ๏ธ You and Shinso grew up together and bonded because you have a similar quirks that made people view you differently. Then one da...