PLAYBOY [제이크]ᴇɴ⁃ Vol.2

By dwlskysoo

what happens if you were forced to get married to the most popular actor in South Korea, Jake Shim, and dump... More

1: festival
2: my future
3: two months
4: our limits
5: wedding boutique
6: catch a cold
7: mansion
9: action and romance
10: lights out
11: find out
12: executive suite
13: let's run under the rain together
14: one week
15: five minutes
16: hopeless fate
17: endless love
18: in the next universe
19: longest destiny
20: the blushing cheeks you have
21: that feeling when
22: the moment of us together
23: two weeks of affection
24: the best option
25: desiderium
26: falling head over heels in love
27: the memories we wish we forget
28: you're mine in every multiverse.
special chapter

8: lowkey

41.9K 2.7K 5K
By dwlskysoo

   After a few hours of decorating the new house, all of the tasks were finished. The mansion was so comfortable to live in. Since Jake's parents sponsored every piece of furniture for us, we didn't need to spend our money buying them anymore. So, we had nothing to do now and just waited for this contract marriage to end.

There were four bedrooms in the mansion and each room has already served with queen size of a bed, a closet, and a large size of the bathroom. Since everything was served, Jake decided to separate us by choosing our room and living there for two months.

I wasn't allowed to get into his room because he was so strict when it comes to his privacy. He didn't like someone butting into his business and touching his things.

He didn't like when someone bother him or talk to him when he did his work. That's why he chose to live downstairs, so he would not bump into me when he wanted to go to his work.

I lay on my bed and exhaled deeply because it felt so nice. I went to the balcony of my room, opened the sliding door for the first time, and was amazed by seeing the scenery from the second floor of our house. There was a little table and chair on the balcony, so it would be nice to talk with Namjin here.

"Han Jina." 

I lifted my head and bowed to Mr.Yoo as he greeted me from the balcony of his room. I didn't expect that I could see him this close.
It was quite uneasy when my room faced his. He could see me in this room if he went to the balcony. That means I need to be aware of everything I was doing even though he seems like a nice man.

I gave him a slight smile,
"Mr.Yoo. I didn't expect that our rooms will face each other."

"Don't call me, Mr.Yoo. I'm one older than you, just call me Hansuk. Don't need to be so formal." He chuckled.

"If you have some free time, let's meet on this balcony and have tea together. We can talk to each other even though we live in different houses."

I slowly nodded.
"I need to continue doing my work, Hansuk."

"Jina." I turned to look at him again.

"My company is located in the same city as yours. So, if you want to go to work, do tell me. So, we will go to work together. I will send you off."

He continued, "Jake must be busy with his job and you have no one to send you off. I can help you. I'm Heeseung's friend anyway."

I brushed my nape and smiled at him, and before I could answer him, I was surprised when Jake came to the balcony and held my shoulder. I had no idea that he was coming. I thought I have already locked the door. I didn't hear anything at all. Maybe, I was too focused on listening to Hansuk.

Jake changed the topic,
"What are both of you talking about?"

He looked at me straight into the eyes and shifted his gaze to Hansuk as I didn't give any answer.

"Do you have something to say, Mr.Yoo?"

Hansuk chuckled, "Don't get mad at me, Jake. I was just talking to your wife about her workplace. Since her company was located around mine, I could send her off when you are busy."

Jake crossed his arm,
"I'm her husband. I could send her off although I'm busy. No one can send her off other than me. Taking care of her is my responsibility and you have no right to replace me."

I looked at Jake, confused when he looks so serious. Hansuk just chuckled at his words.
"Please don't be so harsh on me, Jake. I just want to help."

"I can take care of my wife without any help needed."

Jake held my hand and pulled me into the room. I turned to look at Hansuk and bowed as apologize before following Jake's steps. Hansuk just smiled and went into his room after shutting the sliding door.

Jake shut the sliding door hard and locked it right away before placing me on the bed.

"Change your room. I don't want you to ever go to this room anymore."

I was hesitant, then spoke nervously.
"I have already arranged my room."

"Just choose another room." He replied and shut the curtain when Hansuk went to the balcony with a cup of coffee in his hand. He rolled his eyes and came towards me again.

"Change your room."

"Now."

****

  It was eight at night, I went to the kitchen to cook some meals for our first dinner together as newlyweds. I usually cooked dinner when I lived with Namjin and enjoyed the food while talking to each other about everything that happened at the office. It was fun.

Namjin often compliment my cooking skill, that's why I was always the one who needed to make dinner for her. Now, I was a wife to Jake Shim and I needed to serve a lot of delicious foods to my husband. I was lowkey excited to look at his reaction when he taste my food.

I just wanted to make simple meals like bolognese pasta and grilled chicken. We were just a family of two, and the food was better than enough for us to enjoy them together. I didn't know why I was so excited.

I knew that my marriage with him was just last for two months. I knew that he had no romantic feelings for me. But I am still excited to show my cooking skills to him.

Ever since I changed my room, Jake went back to his room and locked himself for several hours. I didn't know if he was sleeping or talking on the phone with his friends. I was a little bit curious to know about what he was doing, but I needed to always remember my place in his heart. It's not that easy to attract him anyway.

After an hour of cooking the food, I served them on the table and happily clapped my hand when it looks so expensive. I went to his room to call him out and knocked on the door when he didn't give any response. It was all silent.

I grabbed the extra key that he hang on the wall, and unlocked the door after a few times of calling him to go outside and have dinner with me. But as soon as I opened the door, I realized that he wasn't in his room. I had no idea where did he go out. I couldn't hear him because my room was upstairs and it was quite far from his room.

I took out my phone to call him, but something in his room suddenly attracted my attention. I went into the room and looked at all of the types of furniture in his room as it was arranged neatly. 

I walked around his massive room and stopped on my way when something got my attention. There was a picture of him in the frame hanging on the wall. A picture of him
when he was a kid.

I chuckled because he looks cuter than I expected. He looks the same, but the little of him was cuter. I looked at all of the frames in the drawer and my smile slowly faded when it was a picture of Choi Yurim on the frame.

It was just a picture of herself, no one else.

"You're so lucky, Choi Yurim," I mumbled as I grabbed the frame while staring at the picture in amazed. I looked at the back of the frame and raised my eyebrows when I saw a handwriting letter at the back of the picture.

"My first love, Choi Yurim.
If I were an author, it would never be enough to write everything I loved about you in thousand pages of the book.

Choi Yurim,
do you remember this phrase?
people often fall in love and get heartbroken.
but in the end, they still get into a relationship and be happier with someone else,
but to me,  no matter how happy they are with someone new, they would never forget their first love. first love never fades from their heart.

no matter how many girls I met in this life, my love would never die for you.

just if you're drowning in the middle of seven seas, I will be the one who will rescue you.
if you were destined to be with someone else,
I would wait for the next eight lives of mine to make you mine again.

I love you, Choi Yurim.

- The one who loves you deeply,
Shim Jaeyun."

I looked at the picture for a long time, was out of words after reading the handwriting letter that he wrote for her. Heeseung and Jake's love for Yurim was so beautiful.

To Heeseung, Yurim was the one he couldn't forget even though they have broke up. Heeseung let her go for her happiness. He sacrificed himself for her happiness although he still loves her and until now, his love for her never faded away.

To Jake, Yurim was the first love that he waited for years. His love for her was so sincere. He would do everything for her to be happy.

He was the type of man who was so loyal to his love, until one point, if he was asked to choose to earn one million dollars a day or choose to live with Yurim, he wouldn't hesitate to choose the second option.

it was his dream. the girl was his dream.

I felt a little bit envious of her.
I felt so much insecure.

I felt so small between them.

"What are you doing?"

I was surprised when I heard the familiar voice around me. As soon as I lifted my head to see Jake, the frame dropped off my hand and hit the floor causing the glass to break into pieces. Jake widened his eyes when he saw that.

I was nervous and gasped when I suddenly stepped on the picture of Yurim causing it to almost tear apart. I lifted my head to see Jake,

"Jake... I didn't."

My words got cut off when he suddenly pushed me to the bed hard and grabbed my shoulder, pushing me onto the bed with his gaze fixed on me angrily.

"Do you need to do that?!"

I looked at him with fear and shook my head in response as he misunderstood me.

He was so mad at me.

"I told you to don't come into my room! I told you to never touch my things! I told you to never butt into my business!"

"But why aren't you listening to me? why is it so hard for you to listen to me? and just act as if nothing happens for two months!"

"Why don't you just kill yourself?!"

"I hate you!"

"Like until at one point,"

"I wish you would disappear off my sigh!"

"I wish you would die in front of me!"

"I hate you, Han Jina!"

"I hate you for ruining everything!"

"Just die!"

Tears dropped on my cheeks when I heard everything that came out of his mouth.
I stayed in the same position until he let go of me and fixed my gaze on the ceiling of his room instead of getting off the bed and running back to my room.

He grabbed the picture of his love, put it in the drawer, and suddenly grabbed my hand to get off the bed. He brought me out of the room, talked again,

"Stop crying. No one will comfort you."

He fixed his eyes on the food that I cooked for him.

"Throw them away. It was disgusting."

And then he shut the door right in front of
my face making me sob in tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 51.3K 27
And high up above, or down below When you're too in love to let it go But if you never try, you'll never know Just what you're worth HIGHEST RANKING:...
391K 46.3K 28
a story of a girl who loves to go to the playground just to see her crush every 9 at night ended up facing a crisis in her life. She was struggling t...
688K 58.3K 42
a shy and cry baby girl who had a crush on Yang Jungwon and confessed her feeling by sending a letter to him everyday . Everything was good until sh...
214K 12.1K 43
❝it's a win-win. both of us will gain something good if we help each other out!❞ - wherein two boys agreed to help each other, just so that the perso...