He was cool...

By Ari3ll3

As much as it pains her to admit it.... He was cool. More

He was cool: Chapter One
He was cool: Chapter Two
He was cool: Chapter Three
He was cool: Chapter Four
He was cool: Chapter Five
He was cool: Chapter Six
He was cool: Chapter Seven
He was cool: Chapter Eight
He was cool: Chapter Nine
He was cool: Chapter Ten
He was cool: Chapter Eleven
He was cool: Chapter Twelve
He was cool: Chapter Thirteen
He was cool: Chapter Fourteen
He was cool: Chapter Fifteen
He was cool: Chapter Seventeen
He was cool: Chapter Eighteen
He was cool: Chapter Nineteen
He was cool: Chapter Twenty
He was cool: Chapter Twenty-One

He was cool: Chapter Sixteen

145K 1.7K 304
By Ari3ll3

THE NEXT DAY

"You look..." Travis frowned not finishing his sentence.

"I know," I sighed walking. "Miserable."

"I was going to say beautiful, but that works too!" He grinned.

"Save it," I rolled my eyes opening up my locker.

"You okay?" Travis leaned on the locker next to me. "You don't seem like yourself."

"I'm good," I smiled lightly. "Just in a bad mood... I guess."

"You guess?" Travis's eyes went wide. "You must be sick?" he placed a hand on my forehead.

"I'm not," I smirked flicking off his hand. "Just feeling bleh!"

"Hey!" called on Seb coming our way.

"Hey Seb!" Travis waved grinning.

"You forgot something in my car," Seb extended out his fist enclosed with something inside.

"What?" I frowned.

"This," he opened up his hand. I stared at the middle of his palm and found my necklace. i quickly grabbed the necklace away from Seb and found myself breathing a little too fast. Blinking several times I noticed Seb and Travis staring at me strangely. Biting my lip I placed the necklace into my sweater pocket and quickly locked my locker.

"Hey.." Seb grabbed my sleeve. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I nodded my head quickly from side to side. "I'm just going to class like every damn day."

"She must be going through her monthly-" whispered Travis, but I interrupted him.

"NO I'M NOT ON MY PERIOD, JESUS!" I snapped. "Why do you think everytime a girl is pmsing when she's in a bad mood."

"Well-" began Seb.

"Shut up!" I snapped and walked away. I stopped short, closing my eyes I took a deep breath and walked back. "I'm sorry... I just don't know why I did that." I sighed putting a hand on my forehead.

"You sure you're okay Nirvana?" Travis frowned.

"I'll be fine," I laughed. "Yesterday was just rough!"

"Did Kane give you the money?" asked Seb.

"Yup," I smirked. "I'll be going shopping today!"

"Good," Seb smiled. "I'll even take you."

"Cool," I sighed. "Hey I'm going to the washroom so I'll meet you guys up in class."

"Sure," said Seb.

"Seeya!" waved Travis walking away with Seb.

"Bye.." I waved walking backwards. Combing my hair backwards with my hands I casually started walking around to find myself a bathroom until someone unexpectedly grabbed me by the shoulder.

"WOAH!" I flinched turning around. "Oh.." I exhaled relieved by who it was.

"Hello Miss Star!" my English teacher Mrs. Luts smiled widely.

"Hi," I awkwardly waved.

"I missed you yesterday I was sure you were going to come!" Her words sounded cheery, but it was clearly the opposite. 

"Oh I had a family emergency," I rubbed my hands together.

"Well I hope everything is fine," Mrs. Luts looked at me apologetically. "Other then that I have really great news for you!"

"What?" I frowned.

"You Miss Star are one of the most outstanding creative students I have ever taught!" she waved her hands around. "You seriously have a talent with words young lady." She nodded her head up and down.

"Well I'm grateful for the compliment," I smiled.

"I have a proposition for you Star," she folded her arms together. "A proposition that I'm hoping you will accept."

"It depends on what type of proposition Mrs. Luts," I shrugged.

"Here," she handed me a brochure. I took the paper suspiciously and was shocked to find an advertisement about an Ivy league. I blinked at the paper and then up at Mrs. Luts.

"What is this about?" I questioned her.

"It's a special course for students like you Miss Star. I know for a fact you're not getting the type of education you want, and the way you write and with your grades.. I'm sure you can go there."

"And do what exactly?" I frowned.

"You get to graduate early, by a full four and half months. Not only that, but you can start universtiry early as well." Mrs. Luts eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" I stared at the sheet.

"Yes! and I know a hundred percent you can do this!" she grinned.

"But.." I stared at the date in which the course starts. "Is this.. time right?"

"Yes." she sighed. "It's the only way."

"November 9th?" I stared at her.

"Yup, and the school is held in Vancouver. You would go as an international student and you would only pay about 5 grand for everything. It's an amazing deal Miss Star I hope you consider."

"This is a really good offer.." I murmured staring at the sheet. "But I don't think I can do it."

"Just think about your future," Mrs. Luts lightly smiled. "Highschool is nothing compared to your future. You will never remember half of these people, and frankly your future is what comes first."

"I know," I blinked. "I know..."

"Well my job is done," Mrs. Luts patted my shoulder. "The principle told me to find one student to give this too and I knew who exactly." She winked walking away.

"Graduating early huh?" I stared at the sheet. "If I say yes?" I shouted across the hall.

"Come to me before November 8th and your set to go!" she waved.

"Okay!" I waved back. "Well.." I placed the sheet in my sweater pocket. "This is going to be interesting.."

AFTER SCHOOL...

"AAAH!" I stretched. "The day is finished... and I am more then glad it is..." I grinned.

"You seem to be way better then before," Seb smirked.

"I am!" I cheered skipping.

"You ready?" Seb took my hand.

"For what?" I stared at him.

"Too meet Irina," Seb interlaced his fingers with mine.

"Already?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well... weirdly enough she invited me today with short notice," Seb shrugged. "She wants to talk to you alone."

"Me?" my mouth dropped. "Alone?"

"Yeah," Seb nodded.

"And you're just going to allow that?"

"Do you know who Irina is?"

"Why the hell would I know or care?"

"She's one of the last descendants of her royal family," Seb went over around to his car.

"Really?" I went over to the passenger side.

"She's the heir to the kingdom back in Sweden, but she was born here in forida because her father married an American."

"Doesn't her position get messed up then?" I got in the car putting on my seatbelt.

"Nope," Seb clicked the ignition. "But out of all the four girls she is the most powerful."

"Powerful?" I gulped.

"Very," Seb sighed. "She heard about the miscarriage and cried about the baby."

"Oh," I sighed. "She fell for it too.."

"Why wouldn't she," Seb snorted. "She wants to have whatever you girls do."

"Fine by me," I shrugged. "Where is her house?"

"It's pretty far, but we'll get there soon."

"Wake me up when we get there," I leaned my chair back and closed my eyes.

*********

"Wake up," Seb shook me.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I hesitantly got up. "Holy Morgan Freeman.." my mouth dropped staring at the humongous house-no castle in front of me.

"Its-"

"It's times ten bigger then your house!" I gasped.

"Well-"

"IT'S GINORMOUS!" I got out of the car. "Holy crap.."

"Stop drooling!" Seb laughed. "Let's go," he extended out his hand.

"Should I... change or something?" I looked down at my sweats.

"One thing I liked about Irina was the fact she was really nice she won't mind, "Seb shrugged.

"Well if you say so," I smiled. "I'm excited!" I skipped over to Seb and took his hand. Both Seb and I walked over to the long pathway that lead to the front of the house. I couldn't help, but stare at the huge door that made my neck crane all the way back.

Before Seb could even hit the doorbell the door creaked open with a man wearing a suit with an awkward large nose, and tiny eyes with very baggy bags under his eyes to a point where you would think they were closed.

"Welcome Master Marks," the man bowed with a thick British accent. "I presume your ride coming here was worth the journey?"

"Yes it was Bono," Seb shook hands with the old man. "You doing well."

"Fine as always thank you sir," the man smiled weakly. "My mistress awaits your presence," he motioned a hand for us to go in.

"Thank you," nodded Seb walking in.

"Thank you," I smiled and walked in as well. The house was epic in all sorts of ways. How the ceiling looked like the sky, everlasting. How the floors looked so crystal clear like they've been washed a million times. Maids stood in all corners of the room smiling at us with frozen expressions like they always wear it.

I felt a chill come over me, but instead I gripped Seb's hand harder and walked closer to him.

"You okay?" he frowned.

"Yeah-yeah," I blinked. "Just cold," I nodded my head.

"You want my jacket?"

"No-no," I began.

"Do you want me to put on the heater for you?" said a high velvety voice. I turned to my right to face a small slim girl about my age or older standing gracefully on the stairs. With each step it looked like it was staged somehow, it looked scary almost.

She was small everything. Her body, her nose, but only her eyes which were strangely big and blue like she could see through my soul. She had a tiny birthmark on her left cheek, her lips curled into a natural frown. Her neck was long, but came along her cherry blonde hair that flowed to her waist. She wore a flowy white dress that stuck to her body and I could tell Seb was watching her with aw as I was too. Well.. I didn't blame him.

"Hello Seb," her gaze left me. "It's nice to see you," she smiled widely for him.

"It's nice to see you too," Seb smiled back. "It's very nice to see you too." Both Irina and Seb just smiled at each other for a minute and two until I cleared my voice.

"Hi.." I awkwardly waved. "I'm," I shoved Seb with my elbow. "Seb's girlfriend."

"Oh," Seb cleared his voice. "Yes this is my girlfriend Nirvana."

"It's so very good to meet you," Irina brought a hand to her mouth. "I can't believe your poor baby.." her eyes watered.

"Oh.." My eyes went wide. "It's okay.." I looked at Seb awkwardly. "She's in a better place."

"I hope so," Irina wiped away her eyes. "I really do, and did I forget to mention I love your name?"

"Thank you," I grinned.

"It's really lovely!" she grinned back. "I've really wanted to meet you.... ever since Seb announced he had a girlfriend."

"Yeah we've just been-"

"Around," I finished Seb's sentence.

"I really,really wanted to talk to you Nirvana!" Irina giggled. She grabbed my hands all of a sudden with hers and I couldn't help, but realize the strange hard grip she held them with. "Come with me," she smiled taking me into a room with her.

"I'll just stay here while you guys talk," waved Seb.

"Um why don't you come along Seb?" I turned around stumbling from Irina's hard grip, dragging me to come with her.

"I'll be out here Nirvana!" waved Seb as I got dragged along. I stared at Seb as the doors in front of me got shut hard with a lock. I walked backwards and face the room to find it irresistably huge and decorated like it was in a kings castle.

"It's my tea room," Irina smile walking over to a glass table. "Isn't.... it wonderful?" she smirked.

"Yes," i agreed. "It's very nice like your house."

"Very..." she lowered her eyes tot he table. "You know what this table is Nirvana?" she tilted her head to the side eyeing me with a delightful smile.

"Um.. is this a trick question?" I awkwardly laughed walking slowly to the table.

"No," she giggled. "Wrong."

"Um is it really wood?" I raised my eyebrow. "You're probably filthy rich so I wouldn't be surprised."

"No!" she bursted out with laughter.

"Did the table belong to hitler?" I smiled coming up to the table.

"No!" she started laughing even harder.

"Well I give up," I laughed along. "What is it?"

"Oh Nirvana.." she wiped a tear away. "You're hilarious.."

"Oh stop it!" I dramatically teased.

"No really," she grinned. "You make me laugh!"

"Well thank you-"

"Seriously," she laughed walking around the table closer to me. "My insides were shaking with laughter."

"Wow well that's a first," I shrugged. "Thank you I guess-"

"You're hilarious.." she sighed coming next to me. "To a point.." she ran her fingers through my hair. "I just want to puke," her voice turned voilent as her fingers balled into a fist.

"Ow-" I flinched from her grabbing my hair so hard.

"That was a joke!" she giggled letting go. "You have nice hair by the way..." she twirled some strands of my hair with her pinky. "So you really want to know what this table is?" she smiled

"Not really.." I backed away. Irina grabbed a strand of my hair and tugged it hard. I had no choice and moved along with the strand of my hair until her lips made it close to my ear.

"It's fake," she whispered and backed away. "Just like you."

My heart stopped at the exact moment Irina backed away. She pushed me hard backwards, but a chair was already placed neatly behind me.

"Once upon a time I fell in love.." she smiled walking over to the glass table. "But he didn't take my love so seriously, and thus I was heart broken. I begged him..." she stopped short staring at the table. "Too just give me a chance... but little did I know he other other girls twirling on his finger as well. I was venomous.." she hissed punching the table so hard a crack appeared.

"So you were the mastermind of CINS?" I stared at her.

"You can say that," she smiled taking a small pointed knife out of her dress.

"What do you exactly want from me?" I stared at the knife.

"You," she pointed the knife at me. "Dare go against CINS I see?" she smiled.

"Seb is-"

"Shutup!" she slapped me hard with the back of her hand. "You are nothing to Seb!"

"I had his-"

"You had nothing with him!" she shouted. "I know who you are."

"What?" I breathed.

"Cirus is a bafoon," Irina's smiled widened. "Give her a sappy story she falls for it."

"You-"

"I know," she lowered her house.

"I-I don't know what your talking about?" my heart started going faster.

"I wonder what your mom will think when she unexpectedly loses her job? Hmmm? And what about John he just got promoted huh? I wonder what will they say if they find a packet of some drugs in his drawer... wouldn't that be fun?" she giggled.

"You..." I went pale.

"I wonder how they would react if they found out this was your doing?" Irina came closer. "They would hate you wouldn't they..." Irina placed a hand on my shoulder. "Mercury is it?"

"How did you find out...?" I whispered.

"I have agents," Irina sat on the opposite side of the table. She lowered down all of a sudden and brought out medical tape and bandages.

"What-what are those for?" my voice shook.

"You just had an accident Mercury and I'm going to help you," she smiled sweetly.

"What-" before I could finish my sentence someone from behind stuffed a towel in my mouth while Irina grabbed my left hand and stabbed it straight through the other side. I screamed with every bone in my body, but no one could hear me with the towel in my mouth. I dont know how long I cried or screamed, but the pain was horrifying. Little tears started coming out of my eyes as Irina took out the knife and started bandaging me up. "Take this as a lesson.." she smiled.

"Ah.." I huffed as the person behind me took the towel out. I bit my tongue and lips hard for not to scream out in pain. I was breathing so heavily I started coughing from almost being choked to death and really i could tell Irina wouldn't mind that happening.

"Now.." she stared at my hand. "Listen to me and listen to me carefully.." She spoke each word percisly. "If don't want anything to happen to your pretty little perfect family," she raised her eyes at me. "You will listen to me, understand?"

I nodded my head up and down slowly and clenched my teeth hard. Irina stared at me for a second or two and smiled.

"I really thought you would resist," she smiled. "For a girl who has a family like yours I really did think you wouldn't care about them."

"Family..." my voice wavered. "Is family... no matter what they do to me or say they are apart of me."

"Your words sicken me," she glared at me. "But other then that you're smart for obeying me."

"Do-do I look like I have a choice?" my body was shaking so hard, the pain in my hand and from the pool of blood on the table was making me dizzy.

"No," she smiled. "You don't," she continued bandaging my hand. Irina let go of my hand for a second, but grabbed it again hard.

"I have no reason to break you and Seb up... since I know he'll be mad if he finds out what a fake bitch you are."

She only knows about my identity, I thought. I sighed all of a sudden relieved that she didn't exactly know about the contract. I bet she would've stabbed me somewhere else, I thought miserably.

"Instead... I'm going to have my fun," she smiled. "You're going to come my house everyday for some girl time," she grinned.

"Everyday?" my eyes went wide.

"Yup," she smirked. "Not only so I can have my fun with you, but have a little time with Seb."

"You-"

"What are you going to do about it?" she snapped. "What?" she raised her eyebrows. I took a deep breath and held it. Nothing, I thought.

"That's what I thought," she glared. "I'll decide when you break up with Seb," she got up from her chair. "For now you can.. have him..." she muttered the word. "He's waiting get up," she ordered.

Standing up with my shaking legs I staggered a little, but had a little bit energy left and somehow got up. My legs were shaking like crazy, I felt so weak from the blood loss it was tremendous in amount. I kept moving around, but Irina caught me and gave me support to stand.

"Give yourself some decency and stand up straight for Seb," she hissed holding me. "Act normal and tell him you fell and smacked your hand on broken glass."

I nodded my head weakly and made our way to the door to find Seb just in time come from the door. He was smiling, but it immediatly faded when he saw me.

"NIRVANA!" he shouted running up to me. He pushed Irina away which I have to say was priceless with her expression, and hugged me. I was surprised by his embrace, but the pain surging through my hand buzzed all over me.

"Ow.." I winced.

"What happened to her hand?" his eyes went wide with worry.

"Oh it was an accident," Irina spoke looking sad. "I'm terribly sorry!"

"What?" he looked suspiciously at Irina. "Is this true?" he whispered at me. I could tell Seb didn't believe a word she said and I was very thankful he didn't. I was going to tell him the truth, but then all of a sudden Irina came up next to me.

"I'm so sorry Nirvana!" she hugged me. "I never knew my house was so dangerous!" she sobbed. I awkwardly didn't hug her back and stared at Seb who watched me with hopeful eyes. I opened my mouth again, but stopped when I felt something sharp on my back.

"Tell him what I did... and it'll be the end for your family.." she whispered in my ear. "You don't want that do you Mercury?" she smiled just for me too see. "Tell him you're alright.." she pressed the knife harder into my back. I winced from the pain and exhaled slowly.

"You're okay right Nirvana?" Irina squeaked her fake voice, with her fake tears in her eyes. "I'm terribly sorry I really am!" she hid the knife under her sleeve and backed away.

"I'm-I'm okay.." I awkwardly smile.

"You sure Nirvana?" Seb placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It... was an accident Sebastian," I looked at him. "Nothing big!" I joked around.

"I'm glad you're okay!" she grinned. "You look grim Nirvana you think it's time for you to go?"

"Ye-yes," I nodded my head.

"I'll take you let's go then," Seb offered.

"No!" cut in Irina grabbing Seb's arm. "I have something to show you Seb, please come!"

"I have to go Irina," Seb flicked her arm away.

"Please Seb.." she whined. "Its just-"

"I said no!" Seb snapped. "I'm taking my girlfriend and that's final."

I couldn't help notice Irina look so heartbroken when Seb told her down, but at the same time glad. Seb took my right hand and motioned to the door, but Irina was presistant.

"Nirvana!" she shouted. "You don't mind if I borrow your boyfriend right?"

I stopped short from the doorway and turned my head to the side to see Irina glaring at me. The minute Seb turned around as well her glare turned into a sad one.

"You don't mind right?" she squeaked. "Right?"

"Seb.." I muttered. "Just go.."

"What?" he stared at me.

"Just for today-"

"No I-"

"My butler can take her," Irina quickly cut in. "Bono!" she shouted.

"Yes ma'am," Bono came out of nowhere.

"I would like you to take Seb's girlfriend to her home please."

"Understood my lady," he bowed and motioned to the door.

"Daddy will be pleases to see you Seb," Irina grinned walking over to him. "Come!" she giggled.

"You sure Nirvana?" he looked at me strangely walking, but still looked like he would stop if I told him to stay.

"I'm sure," I smiled. "Go I'll see you tommorow."

"Thank you Nirvana!" Irina smiled. "Bye!" she dragged Seb to another room. I stared at them as they left. I half walked half stumbled over to the limo the butler was going to drive me in. By the time I made it my hand was soaking with blood, my vision already blurry.

"Where too my lady?" he asked looking from the mirror.

"The hospital.." I breathed closing my eyes from the pain. "The hospital please..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7.9K 35
She showed him a life he never thought he'd have.
391K 11.2K 41
When he needed someone, she gave him everything.
28.2K 909 25
I wished I could have Ryder. With my goody two shoe of a sister, he's bound to get her. I mean look at her. She's everything a guy wants.
1.4K 143 55
About a girl who never thought she would find that right guy. Until she met Hayes Grier.