MEDIUM

By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

16.

4.1K 276 20
By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian.

"You need to run." Adrian warned but the two mystics behind him wouldn't listen. "We can't just leave you here!" Ren argued as the screeching got louder. "I'm not telling you to run so you can argue that with me, this isn't a normal spirit, it's a demon in spirit form, you can't see it but I can and it will most definitely attack you, worse yet it will attach itself to you two, now go!" Adrian yelled pushing the two into a portal he created behind them.

Splinters of woods came for Adrian's head, he knew it was the demon using it's powers, they were still limited to only what spirits can do therefore he had an advantage, for now. "Where are you, Kao." The medium mumbled as he created an orb of pure white light in his hand, training in witchcraft had him advancing further than he ever thought, he was glad. Adrian moved from the dining room to the lounge, he flipped over and onto the ceiling when multiple shards of glass were shot directly at his head.

"You really do not want to go do you." Adrian mumbled as he floated down to the ground, he placed a palm on the wall just as an orange symbol appeared, it radiated magical energy and he was using it to track anything living in the house but instead of finding it, it found him, a clawed arm attacked him but a black barrier appeared and stopped it, the only problem was there was backlash from both these things colliding, it sent Adrian to one corner of the room and the wolf standing on its hind legs to the other.

The Lycan had black pools for its eyes and no growl came from it, all Adrian got were demonic screeches, possession on this level made Adrian slightly nervous he had never separated spirit from body much less a body with two inhabitants already. In a flash he was dodging a clawed hand which had been aiming for his head, he knew possession added strength but this was unbelievable, he threw the sphere of light onto the ceiling, the vials of medicine, he dropped into the void of his shadow.

In mere seconds before the barrier activated the beast lunged for him, Adrian listened to instinct and spun back like he had never done before, this was new for him and the beast was equally surprised by his technique, orange arrows appeared in his palm and he threw two of them onto the creature. "Detonate." He ordered and the two arrows exploded but it seemed to have been a graze to the possessed wolf than anything. "Just so you know Kao, I'm sorry for any injuries!" Adrian yelled as he hid behind one of the pantry doors.

The door was removed by a single kick and Adrian had to jump up to the ceiling to avoid another swipe for his head, he knew the more possession lasted, it also became permanent, before he could attack his mind seemed to be blocking out something and it made him dizzy, he focused on the wolf, its eyes were glowing, mental torture was its aim, that was not good, he floated down steadily and stomped on the ground, multiple vines sprouted up and began coiling around the wolf. "Drain." Adrian mumbled and the vines turned from green to red, it would affect the demon, weaken it somehow.

A sphere of red flickered by the wolf's mouth and in an instant, a beam of red energy was shot at Adrian, he conjured a shield but it only served in reflecting the beam, so inturn the red beams branched out around Adrian, they were lazers now and were destroying the house more, a wall burst behind Adrian as he felt the draft blow in. He knew he had no choice but to summon it, Adrian placed a hand on his chest and focused, he pulled back his hand and with it his weapon.

It was golden, made like a lightning bolt in shape which confused him but he could see the traces of energy coating the blade, what drew him out of his inspection of the blade was snapping, the vines had done their job anyway, it lunged for him at breakneck speed, he defended himself by using his blade to take the brunt of the clawed fist, when Adrian flipped back he kicked the beast throwing it to the wall, it was disoriented but that split second was all he needed.

Four fireballs with an unusual orange color appeared above his palm, he shot out two at the wolf who retaliated with his own sphere, when the two attacks met they blew up and completely engulfed the house in flames, the demon was getting stronger he knew he had to do something, two more fireballs he shot and they exploded the moment they came in touch with the wolf, he was thrown into the kitchen just as knives whizzed past Adrian who dodged expertly.

Adrian held up his lightning bolt shaped weapon and created an X with it, he thrust it out and on impact with the wolf he could see the aura of the three beings inside the wolf and he could see where the demon was latching, he shot out a bolt of lightning but the wolf dodged by diving into the burning dining room. "Run run little puppy." Adrian mused as he chased the wolf up the stairs, with its size it was struggling, he created three more fireballs and shot them at the wolf, it had worked in injuring him but not with the smoke.

He couldn't see a thing since the house was on fire, with the black smoke everywhere the demonic wolf was no longer the hunted, Adrian thrust his blade upward, he cut through flesh, he felt it and heard the screech, he blended into the fire and smoke as more screeches rang out, he could feel an attack behind him so he flipped up and onto the ceiling of whatever bedroom he was in, the bed was now on fire, he had to get out soon, Adrian's eyes glazed orange he tracked the wolf's aura and found it by the closet stalking him, in sonic speed he was plunging his blade into the beast. "Weight of gravity." He mumbled and the floor beneath them both creaked until it gave way and they landed in the burning lounge.

Adrian laid his palm on the wolf and electrocuted the wolf beneath him till steam and the smell of burnt flesh wafted into the air. "Transmato et separicio." He mumbled as large hands made of a black aura formed from his arms, they seemed to penetrate into the wolf's spirit and pull at the screeching demonic spirit, it screeched louder in resistance but Adrian made his flame coat his weapon, he plunged the blade directly into the wolf's chest breaking the chi point the demon had corrupted and used to possess the wolf.

It screeched louder and the flames around Adrian flared to dangerous levels, it was really getting hot but Adrian was focused on other things, he took his blade from the wolf, the black hands were still holding the demon, it was much larger than Adrian thought, he held it still as his eyes turned completely white and his blade began to move on its own through his mind, runes of opening the gateway began to etch themselves into the air and just then red and black swirled a portal opening, the place was partly desolate, partly forest covered with a red sun.

"Time to go home." Adrian asserted as he shoved the demonic spirit through the gateway with his pitch black hands, after they returned from the portal his blade made a pentagram appear, orange sigils appeared around the black pentagram. "Blood of Old: I the sacred wielder command this to Seal." And right then the seal was thrust into the gateway, it closed in an instant, Adrian let go of his blade and it burst into a flurry of beautiful shaded orange leaves. Kao was on the ground groaning so he immediately ran to him, when he got to him a beam began to fall onto them both but Adrian held it with his telekinesis.

He dropped his hand into the shadow void and pulled out one vial of the potion he had made, he put Kao on his lap and helped the groaning man drink, his sunken eyes immediately began to fill out, his body seemed to do the same as well, Adrian waved his hand and the body of Kao was raised, Adrian felt a change within him as if something awoke but he didn't pay attention to it instead he moved through the burning house with more grace and poise than anyone ever could muster in the same position, when he got to the burning front door he held out his hand and it froze just then.

Before he went any further he snapped his fingers and a spider appeared in his palm it had an orange rune on its back, he brought it to his lips. "Let's get rid of the demonic stench." He whispered and the spider jumped from his palm and it's orange rune glowed whilst it crawled around the house, the fire was already being snuffed out by Adrian's ice, he blew the door off its hinges moved through the wreckage, doctor Charlton, Ren, and the wolves were there, the patriarch was also there, he wondered how he knew.

"Adrian thank goodness you're okay, none can get past the barrier." The woman expressed with raw concern for Adrian, he realized that it was due to her being the one who asked for his help and he ended up with a demonic spirit attacking him. "Lad, your eyes." Ren pointed out but Adrian felt normal. "They look like cat eyes, only more beautiful and orange." Doctor Charlton explained shocking him, he could feel something inside him now that they had pointed it out, it wasn't the flame it was something much more.

He closed his eyes and breathed that's when he felt it release, he could still feel it inside him, it was a part of him. "Adrian are you alright?" The patriarch spoke silencing everyone, he nodded as he waved his hands motioning Kao's body away, from the burning house a large spider burst out, it was almost six foot two, the difference in this spider was its eyes, it only had two showing. "What the hell is that?!" Ren yelled as he looked at the spider that hissed at him.

"This is Lino." Adrian replied as he petted the spider. "Did you get it all?" He questioned and the creature nodded. "That's the spider we got you, you turned it into a familiar, wow." Doctor Charlton commented as she looked at Adrian then the large spider, he waved his hand and the barrier seemed to burst into a small shower of orange leaves that vanished into the air, the wolves marveled but Adrian didn't pay any mind to them. "Try shifting." He told the spider and in a burst of black and orange, the spider was a cat, a beautiful feline with black fur and a large orange mark on its back.

"Lad you're something." Ren exclaimed as saw the small cat now walk beside Adrian as if it weren't a large spider with a sharp row of teeth just minutes ago. "How is Kao, what happened in there, you told us to run and we wound up here and I don't even know how, you said that it was a demon, what happened lad?" The alpha bombarded him with questions and no time to reply which made Adrian back away a bit until the patriarch intervened.

"Ren!" His voice washed over everyone with its power, not just the wolf. "Everyone it's alright, go on patrol check on everyone in the pack, we cannot have another incident like this." He announced and everyone immediately did as he told leaving Adrian, the doctor, and Ren along with Lino the familiar. "Let's get to Ren's office sweetheart, come." The patriarch urged Adrian and instinctively put his large arm around his very small frame. "Good choice with the familiar, your grandmother had a giant lizard." The man exclaimed making Adrian smile, she had a familiar too and not a typical one, he truly felt like he was following in her footsteps.

They walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence, Adrian couldn't help feel connected to the man beside him, the more he was around him the more he realized how alike he and his father were and how Johnny seemed to have the same features as him, maybe it was all in his head but Adrian felt a bond with him, one that he couldn't explain as much as he tried to, the sun was no longer up above it was mid afternoon turning to evening, his body had soot and he smelt of smoke, but his hair surprisingly did not have a speck of dirt at all.

He tied it into a ponytail with help from the patriarch, for someone with large hands and an intimidating aura, he was surprisingly gentle when tying it for him. "How is that?" He asked him after he finished. "Really good." He replied enthusiastically as they got to the Alpha's office, they sat down on the couches near the window, not the formal chairs there, he needed to relax because what he had just done was something even he couldn't imagine possible, he didn't even think it was possible to open the gateway like that but he did and it somehow thrilled and terrified him.

"After I told you to run I pushed you into a portal." Adrian explained once he was settled down beside the patriarch. "That was clever, I wouldn't have left you." Doctor Charlton commented, he admired her willingness to fight something that could've killed her easily, wolves were a headstrong bunch after all. "And you would've died." He replied bluntly, he admired her but her death would've been worthless, at least he did it on his own and saved Kao who was now in the infirmary. "You told me Kao's wife was attacked by a rogue incubus, but that's not what happened completely, I think Kao's wife was dead already and there was a demon inside her." Adrian confessed shocking everyone.

"You're joking, we would've known." Ren argued but Adrian begged to differ. "Would you, did you see this," Adrian made white smoke appear in the office and it showed the state of the house when they got in. "Those plates were rotting, there was meat and fur everywhere, the place was nauseating to be in, tell me if you would've noticed, you wolves have a superior sense of smell right?" Adrian questioned doctor Charlton who nodded. "Then how come you didn't smell it, how come none of your pack members smell it?" Adrian accused looking at the wolf who seemed frightened to be in his presence.

"That's what I thought, before we even go further uncle you need to look into this pack, something is wrong in this place and I have a feeling it's not just this one." Adrian relayed to his uncle who nodded, and he breathed in to calm down, he pulled back his aura and settled next to the patriarch again. "Like I said, Kao's wife might've been dead already and a demon took her place, when the rogue incubus attacked the woman it killed the body because he drained it of mana but it didn't kill the demon." He added looking at the doctor who seemed to want to speak.

"Then the demon made it back to Kao who was susceptible to the demon leeching onto him because of his emotions, he had lost his wife and wolves feel deeply for their mates." She asserted and Adrian nodded. "It was easy for it to latch on and feed but it got stronger and was able to possess Kao." He exclaimed shocking the doctor. "We have never experienced demonic possession before, it's new." The patriarch stated as Adrian made the white fog show an image of Kao's wolf possessed. "Goddess." Ren mumbled looking at the crazed wolf.

"He was stronger, faster, agile, and more determined to either kill me or escape." Adrian explained and the shock remained in the room. "This is new, demons before possessed and added their strength to the host but not to this extent." Ren mumbled looking at the image but the Patriarch shook his head in disapproval. "Want to take this one or should I?" The large man questioned with a bit of mischief making Adrian giggle. "Demonic possession was when Kao's wife had the demon in her, it was the only being in the body, so it was limited to its own power and that of the body, Demonic spirit possession, however, was when Kao was possessed, the spirit wasn't limited, it was tethered to the demonic plane and also to this plane through Kao, therefore, it got stronger." The patriarch explained as the doctor and alpha now grasped what Adrian was trying to explain.

"When I fought the demon like this it was different, when it couldn't beat me it ran, it gained intelligence the more it was in Kao, enough to even try get into my mind but since I'm psychic I was able to block it, others may not be fortunate if they were to encounter a mystic with demonic spirit possession." The medium explained looking around the room, they were all taking him seriously and he appreciated it. "How did you stop it?" The patriarch questioned but Adrian was adamant, could he trust these people with his truth.

Adrian was cut off when the patriarch sliced his palm along with Ren and doctor Charlton, he knew what they wanted so he sighed. "By a witches bond I entrust this secret, may you never reveal it to anyone who is not bound, by the blood of old I bind this oath to your souls and may the flames devour you if you break thy oath." Adrian cast as a black thread appeared on all three hands. "I banished them and sealed the gate." He revealed stunning the doctor. "How, is that even possible alone?" She questioned and Adrian nodded, he made the smoke appear and show what he had done, and they were speechless.

"I knew you were powerful lad but remind me never to fuck up around you." Ren the alpha commented as the images vanished. "I fear if they know I can return them to their dimension and seal the gateway they will come for me, though I can protect myself I fear for the wolves or any other mystics who can't, if the demons know about Kao and their own ability to spiritually possess like that, it would be bad." Adrian muttered and the large man beside him crushed him in a hug. "That won't happen, there are only three demons remaining the rest have been banished, we will get them all back to their own damned world." He soothed him and Adrian appreciated it.

"We've learned much today and now that we know that they have a weakness, we can exploit it." The patriarch announced and indeed Adrian just wanted the threat gone so he could live peacefully again.

~~~~~
Jax.

"Hey Papi I'm home making dinner, where are you?" Adrian asked as Jax was packing up the groceries into his car. "Oh just shopping, we're low on food and with Kyle around we need, even more, the guy doesn't know what NO means." Jax replied with a slight chuckle. "Oh I know, Johnny is about to kill him." Adrian mused on the other side. "Okay baby I'm on my way, I love you." Jax exclaimed just as he finished packing everything and locking the boot.

"You must be Jax." Red hair, pale skin, he looked like Leyton, immediately Jax had a black barrier around him. "Oh that's quite the protection you got there, but I'm not here to attack you, I just want to talk."

+++

LMJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
257K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
9.8K 373 12
Aiden has been able to see ghost since he was a little boy which makes him an outsider to people who don't understand his gift. The only person that...
13.6K 622 19
**Book two of the Mobster Boy series. Must read Mobster Boy to understand properly** Now that Chance has influence of the city and Adrian is official...