ALIVE ༄ SUNA RINTAROU

By outerxpce

y/n, the good friend of the miya twins, gets invited to suna rintarou's house. but what can happen when a goo... More

1. miss goody-two-shoes
2. icecream and to-go ramen
3. staring contest
4. before the rematch
5. rematch
7. friends
8. thoughts
9. lunchtime
10. set-me-up
11. you guys are dating?!
12. just another sunday
13. a misadventure
14. no words
15. even more secrets
16. the plot thickens
17. concerned friends and 'friends'

6. study bud

508 17 3
By outerxpce

Y/N's POV

after suna walked me home, i showered and went straight to bed. i had finished my school work at the gym, so i was just relaxing now. i wasn't planning on sleeping this early though, it was only around 8pm.

my arms stretched out in front of me, holding the small stuffed animal suna gave me. unintentionally, a smile had creeped onto my face. i let my arms come down and close my eyes, letting myself relive the past few hours. i don't know why, but suna had occupied my mind. it wasn't just the moments i had experienced with him moments ago either, it was specific details. his eyes, his smile, his hair, his personality.

i groan, rubbing my face. there was no way i was developing a stupid crush on this guy of all people. but... he wasn't so bad...

y/n! i sit up, thinking of things i could do to get my mind off of him. this was dumb, i've only known him for roughly two days. i mean, i've known him for as long as i've been around the twins... argh! i've got to stop justifying this.

i grab my phone and turn it on for the first time since checking it at the sushi place. it was on "do not disturb", so i wasn't getting notifications. i see a few texts from the twins and a classmate whom i once considered a friend. she's more of an acquaintance now, but there wasn't any bad blood between us. opening the messages app, i read the ones from the groupchat with the twins first.

atsumu's peasants

ATSUMU
> have fun on ur date with suna y/n ;)))))

OSAMU
> if suna makes you cry let us know asap
> we'll beat his ass

ATSUMU
> also
> if u ditch us for suna again, u will be removed from this gc

OSAMU
> atsumu stfu
> y/n wouldn't even care

ATSUMU
> samu come downstairs rn so i can throw my shoe at you

i chuckle reading their texts, however, atsumu's first text caught me off-guard. did suna tell them it was a date or something? i begin typing a response.

ME
> First of all, it was not a date! We were just strengthening our friendship, and he wanted a staring contest rematch. Honestly, it reminds me of something Atsumu would do...
> Also, I did not ditch you for Suna. You guys said I was not needed tonight, and if I had stayed, Kita would've beat your asses!
> Aside from that... how was your guys' practice?

i send the messages and check the one from my classmate by the name of Kara.

KARA
> Hey y/n! How are you? It's been a while since we've last spoken.

i raise my eyebrows, a little confused.

ME
> Hi Kara!
> I'm doing well :)
> It has been a while, but what's up?

kara and i were once really good friends. we grew up together, but when the twins and i started getting closer and kara began making other friends too, we just grew apart. it wasn't intentional, but it just happened. when we see each other in the halls and in class, we still greet and acknowledge each other, but it wasn't like before.

i wasn't sure who kara was now. we had both grown as individuals and were definitely not the same person we were in middle school. whenever i talk to her in person, she seems a little fake, but so am i, i guess. i understand why we do it though -- we still want to be friends somewhere deep down. at least that's how i felt.

i feel my phone buzz admist my thoughts, snapping me out of it.

KARA
> That's good! I was just texting to see how you were doing
> Just wanted to rekindle some friendships :P

i found the timing a bit strange, but if not now, then when, right?

ME
> Gotcha! Well... how have you been?

she texts back right away.

KARA
> I've been alright. You know how school is
> Stress on stress😭
> I swear, you're always somehow on top of it though. How girl???

ME
> Just comes naturally I guess, haha.
> But I get what you're saying. You just have to push through it!

KARA
> Nah, I've tried!! Wanna be my study buddy or something ahh
> Jkjk, but if you wanted to... ;)

ME
> If you need it, I'm always willing to help you out!

KARA
> Fr?? Omg y/n, that'd actually be awesome!
> If you're free tomorrow, we could get some assignments done together maybe?
> If not, we could call or something... but this could def be fun! :)

ME
> Yeah, sure! I'll let you know tomorrow, but I'm sure I can!

i wait a few moments for her to respond. it shows that she's read my message, but there's no texting bubble. that must be the end of the conversation then. if it were me, i would have responded with something, but i guess that's not the way kara does things anymore.

i turn off my phone, deciding to put it away for tonight. i might get too distracted with it later and not go to sleep on time, even if i still had a good hour or so before bedtime. if someone needed me, "do not disturb" was off. i'd hear it.

instead, i go to my desk and take out my sketchbook. might as well practice some sketches if nothing else tonight.

//

i awoke with a knock at my bedroom door, not my alarm which meant one of three things - i hit snooze and fell back asleep, i forgot to set my alarm, or someone was at my door earlier than my alarm.

it was option number three.

"come in," i answer groggily, sitting up. the door opens and there reveals my clingy friends. "what are you doing here?"

"you didn't answer when we said good night in the groupchat, so we had to make sure you were actually here and not banging suna!" atsumu exclaims. osamu nudges him harshly while i throw a small plushed animal.

"atsumu!" i scold, feeling my face turning pink. "who do you think i am?!"

"you never truly know a person," he mutters. "anyways, we brought you breakfast," my eyes wander to atsumu's hands and i see a wrap.

"what time is it?" i yawn, reaching for my phone. before one of the twins answer, i see a 6:33am flash across my screen. "guys," i groan.

the twins both give a sheepish smile. "we can take the long way to school," osamu suggests.

"yeah yeah," i wave him off, flopping back on my bed. "get out. i'll get ready. living room's free."

i don't hear my door close or anything, so i stretch my neck to see if the twins left. they didn't, however, they were sharing a look between them that didn't look like good news. i sit back up and raise an eyebrow.

"what?"

silence.

"osamu," i try again.

atsumu shoots him a look and turns to me.

"we'll wait for you outside!" he cheers, dragging osamu out of my room. thankfully, they close the door, but it leaves me puzzled.

they were definitely hiding something from me.

i let out a heavy sigh and get out of bed, getting ready for the day. my morning routine is the usual - brush my teeth, change into my school uniform, pack my school bag, pack my lunch, and leave. as atsumu had stated, the twins were indeed waiting outside. 

i take the wrap out of atsumu's hands and walk beside him. "i checked the living room and there was nothing. what'd you two do?"

"nothing," osamu quickly replies. i narrow my eyes, eating the turkey-lettuce wrap.

"fine," i mumble, blowing out a visible breath of air into the chilly morning. we take the long way to the station, stopping by stores to look at the shoes on display. at some points, we had to drag atsumu away.

by the time we get to school, it's 7:50am. plenty of time before classes start. i decide not to walk into the twins' classroom, but a part of me ached to see suna. however, there was someone i had to talk to.

i enter my classroom and search for blonde hair. when i spot her sitting at her desk on her phone, i walk over.

"good morning kara!" i greet. she looks up at me and smiles.

"morning y/n! we still on for after school?"

"yeah, i'll probably have to be home by 8 or so, but i'll be able to," students begin coming in a filling seats.

"awesome, can't wait," she nods and we fall into an uncomfortable silence. her friends come around and they begin talking.

"cool, i'm just gonna..." i trail and point to my seat, heading over. that was very awkward. in the past, kara and i would've been able to chat for hours on end, but this wasn't the past anymore. however, i was hoping maybe our friendship could rekindle. it'd be nice to have someone other than the twins to talk to.

the bell eventually rang, and the school day commenced. t-minus 7 hours until kara and i reconviened.

//

author's note

hi!! i hope everyone enjoyed their break and the holidays. i know i sure did, and school being back is not fun :(

however, hopefully i can update more consistantly. i find that with school, i manage to get more things done... weird, right??

also, thank you for the continued support! seeing the comments and people adding this to their reading lists gets me so excited and happy. you guys are beautiful and amazing :)

see ya next time... will y/n make a "new" friend? or... ;)

- m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 191 23
Y/N Suna is twins with Rintaro. It's her first day of being a second year at Inarizaki High and she is one of the top three-setters in Japan. After b...
217K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
265K 6.2K 29
( Suna X Reader) There is a school combination camp that is happening in Inarizaki Students are combining in classes and sport activities together t...
6K 186 25
Miya Osamu x femreader As a kid, you met the infamous Miya twins... Growing up, Atsumu bullies you and becomes more and more aggressive... Osamu is c...