"Goodmorning Esme." Ron ripped his head slightly before shutting the doors behind her.

"Goodmorning Ron, did you have a nice weekend?" Esme asked with the most sincerity in her voice.

"It was good, now back to the best job ever. Picking up and dropping off the future generation of superheroes." He nodded as she sat down in her usual seat.

Picking up a few more kids before heading on down the road, Esme noticed where they were. She thought that maybe this is why she had known where his house was, it was the only explanation. Right?

The bus came to a jittery stop as Ron opened the doors, a young, black clad, punk boy pushed himself onto the bus as he stalked his way towards the back of the bus.

Without saying a word, Warren had sat down next to Esme with no emotion or reaction in his face or body language. Esme kept her head facing straight or to the side to look out the window. Never once looking at the pyro who sat next to her.

Soon, they were off to school once more, seatbelts and lap bars over them as they began to take off into the sky. A nauseous feeling taking over Esme's stomach as she held her head.

Warren raised his eyebrow as he saw the young girls expression in the corner of his eyes. Rolling his eyes, he continued to pay attention infront of him. Not wanting to be on the bus any longer then he had to be.

Soon afterwards, the bus landed down on the ground with a large thud before the doors swung open with an apologetic Ron saying sorry. Warren was one of the first people off the bus since most people let him go first anyways.

Where as Warren was first, Esme was a person to let people go infront of her. She took her time getting her feet to go the same way and not making her spin in circles from the bus ride. She didn't know if that was gonna become a habit or just a one time thing.

Walking over to a tree that provided enough shade for a whole class, Esme sat down on the green lawn. Leaning her back against the trunk of the tree as the wind began to blow through her hair once more. A smile lit up the emotion on her face as she waited for the feeling in her stomach to go away.

20 minutes later and after one bell, Esme had gotten up and began making her way to the mad science room. First, she did stop at her locker which was normal and just like every locker on the outside.

Inside, however, was a different story. Many things were hung up in her locker, such as a dream catcher, a calendar, and many sheets of music plastered on the door of her locker that she had memorized in the span of only a few days.

Her locker wasn't much, but its definitely what suited her and she loved it. With a shut of her locker, her feet began to pick up the pace and made it into Mr. Medulla's class just as the bell rang.

Esme was glad that she wasn't late, though now she had to find a seat that wouldn't give her too much trouble. One table was open and had nobody else sitting by it, bit she could only imagine whose desk it was going to be as she hadn't seen the hot head show up to class yet.

Just as Esme thought of Warren, the hothead had appeared through the door and made his way towards the seat that he already claimed as his for the rest of the year. Esme smiled softly as she placed her books and notepad down on the desk before sitting on the stool.

"Mr. Peace, may I remind you that tardies result in detentions? This will be your first and only warning." Mr. Medulla stated before pulling down a diagram of a freeze ray infront of the class.

"From the silliness of the shrink ray, to the devastation of the death ray." Mr. Medulla began to ramble on as Esme just looked at the tray that was placed infront of her by none other then Gwen Grayson.

She was Mr. Medulla's teaching assistant, more lile teachers pet, but nonetheless Esme didn't feel the need to care for the girl. She was only here to graduate and save the world, like her mother was suppose to do.

"Now if you look to your side, this will be your partner for the rest of the year. No exchanges. No complaints." Mr. Medulla stated once again before telling us to begin building our very own freeze ray.

"Just to let you know, I've never done anything like this before." Esme said honestly as she chuckled softly at the end. Scooting closer to Warren, but not to close to cause claustrophobia between the two.

Warren didn't say anything, instead he started to assemble different parts into different places before handing the rest over to the young sparkler who was his partner.

All Esme had to do was put the trigger on and it was good to go. She was fascinated by the complexity of the arrangement, and how Warren found it easy to build it by himself.

Esme also felt a little embarrassed, but was very excited to see what the rest of the year would look like with Warren Peace as her partner.