Chapter 2

-unedited-

   Abby placed Kaylie in her bed. Her head was full of thoughts, one moment she was living out her fantasies and the next; she wants nothing to do with them. Or him. Thomas had flown out that morning because his father had another stroke, he had wanted her to accompany him but his parents didn't like her so it would be best if he went alone.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," She heard Kaylie say softly. Abby sighed and lifted her up. Kaylie laid on her shoulder while sucking on her thumb. Abby carried her downstairs and prepared a sandwich for her. She fed Kaylie it slowly, she still hadn't regained her strength from the chemo session a few days ago.

"I'm stronger now mommy. I want to go out." Kaylie said once she finished sipping her juice. Her thin pink lips shaped themselves in a pout- a pout that Abby found unable to say no to.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"I want to go to Mr. Pallis' office. He told me I could come by whenever I wanted. Can we go please? Please, please, please." Kaylie begged, this was the first time since they came back from the hospital that Kaylie was excited about something. Abby couldn't deny her that happiness.

   She took up her phone off the counter and called Sandro's assistant. Not only was she Abby's best friend, she was, along with his security team, the only person who knew about her and Sandro's relationship.

"Katherine speaking." Kate answered the phone.

"Hey, can you do me a favour?" Abby said.

"What is it, babe?"

"Kaylie wants to come to Sandro's office. Is he there?"

"No he's not. He's picking up his parents from their hotel. But he left a message saying that I should give you whatever you need. Is Kaylie feeling better?"

"She says she is and I want her to be happy. Can you ask Mark to come get me?"

Mark is Sandro's head of security and also Kate's fiancé.

"Yeah. He'll be there in twenty minutes." Kate said. They said their goodbyes and hung up.

"Let's get you ready." She lifted up Kaylie and brought her upstairs.

***

"When are we gonna meet this girl?" Alessandro's mother met him at the door of their hotel room. He had been avoiding them for a week, hoping that they would forget about Abby.

"Good morning to you too, mother. Did you sleep well?" He ignored her question and greeted her. She pursed her lips at him and rolled her eyes.

"I didn't sleep at all! I'm so anxious to meet this girl." She said, bringing the conversation back to where she wanted it.

"Mom... Abby is busy. She doesn't have time to meet you," He said without realizing what he said. He froze and realized the slip. His mother's face morphed into a grin. Madgeline knew just how to push her son's buttons to get what she wanted.

"Ok. Well I'll meet this Abby person a next day. I haven't seen Katherine in a while." She said, nonchalantly. He narrowed his eyes at her. Ever since Georgina had died a couple years ago, she had made it her job to involve herself in his love life. She felt that it was her duty to make him miserable now that Georgina was gone.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Madgeline asked, feigning innocence.

"What are you up to, mother?" He asked. She smiled innocently.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." She said.

"Where are dad and Chloe?" Alessandro changed the topic.

"Your father is still sleeping and your sister is probably staring at the screen of that gadget you got her she calls her iPhone. Let's go, let's go. I'm ready." She said, taking up her purse while pushing him out the door.