"What's going on?" I barely sounded vocal as the words slipped passed my lips. Jennette watched me intently and pressed her ear against my unsteady chest.

"Cassie I'm going to be right back, as quick as a whistle. Don't try to move, just take slow breaths." Panic began to overwhelm me as she sprinted out of the room. I could feel my heart thumping in my chest like air was continually being pumped and it was on the verge of exploding into pieces. What was worse was that I felt terrible and all I wanted was Jason.

Jason, Jason, Jason. Was he all I could ever think about? I felt like I was slowly losing my independent thought's to him, and he wasn't even in my sight.

The room became colder and my little shivers turned into massive quakes and I wanted to cry out because I was so cold. As promised, Jennette returned and I felt relieved. This feeling, was I dying? Did the moon Goddess decide I couldn't stay matched with someone like Jason?

I almost wish my heart exploded as soon as Jenn entered because behind her with a quick pace was Jason and a pack nurse. The nurse knelt beside me and felt my head as well.

"It has to be pheromone fever. I've never seen any other symptoms. She can't move, Jason I-" I felt a more rough hand rake through my brown locks, caressing my head. Jenn became quiet and I knew the person now touching me was him. Heat instantly spread throughout my head and I exhaled sharply at how good it felt.

"Alright angel, I'm going to take care of you now." His voice was cracked, just like mine. I slowly arched my head up at him and saw his forehead glistening with sweat. He turned back to the nurse while hoisting me into his arms. "Start a bath, make sure the water is hot, and leave us, please." The nurse nodded and hurried off into the bathroom. My body was still cold and I was numb all over but whilst being in his arms I felt as though I was defrosting and I could actually catch my breath.

"Cold." I mumbled into the crook of his heated neck, and I started shaking harder in his embrace.

I felt soft lips searing against my forehead, and it almost stung to feel that heat on my body. I had no idea what pheromone fever was and at this point I was too scared to think about the pain or to think about anything else other than wishing someone set my goddamn body on fire.

I was being carried into the bathroom, I closed my eyes as a cool chill shot through the muscles in my fingers, I found it difficult to cling onto Jason's shirt. Jason kicked off his steel toe boots and in rugged jeans and a loose fitting grey t-shirt he stepped into the bath tub with me in his arms. I peer up down to see his feet completely submerged in water. The steam radiated over my body and I so badly wanted to be dunked under. Jason lowered he and myself into the water and I bit my lip once the water touched my skin. I never wanted to know what it felted like to be branded, and if I had to compare this pain it was similar to the night Jason claimed me. Thousands of needles were being struck right through you, and the heat absorbed deep into my muscles, but barely pierced my heart.

I didn't care that I was in Jason's arms, I didn't care that we were laying in this ginormous bath tub with steaming water in our clothes. All I cared about was the relieving feeling of being in his arms that subdued the pain. I wasn't so numb all of a sudden. I could move my fingers and keep my eyes open for more than five seconds. Jason continued to hold my head against his damp chest while he grazed his fingers over my lower back. Slowly but surely I was regaining heat and I was thankful.

I became fidgety in his arms but that did not help loosen the grip his big arms had me in.

"Just relax, Cassandra." He kissed my forehead again. My heart was melting, which I didn't even think possible from my current state. His touch was healing me and that was the most miraculous feeling. "Leave us." His command was directed towards the nurse.

I felt held back, and I wanted to move now. I wanted to get on top of him and take his thick hair into fistfuls and lose myself in him. On him, above him, below him. My clothes felt suffocating and I started to stir, wanting him to tear them off of me so nothing prevented him from planting hot kisses across my chest.

My nipples were aching for him, my core dampened from more than the hot bath we were in. I put my chin on his chest and looked up at him. His eyes were closed. He looked peaceful, content. Undisturbed. Looking at him, I saw everything I needed in more. I saw a man who would put me in my place when I fell out of line and a man who would pick me up to keep me safe and warm. This moment felt unskewed. I squirmed around and lifted myself onto him, now straddling his lap.

He opened his eyes, they were the darkest shade of green I had seen them. I knew he wasn't angry, though. He wanted me just as much as I wanted him. He hands glided down my water slicked back, top had ridden up. Firmly, he squeezed my ass and lifted me a little higher so I was now sitting on his abdomen. I never once broke eye contact with him. I ran my fingers along his jaw, adoring the feel of his stubble. I took all of his features in, sucked them in like they were air.

"I don't ever want to forget that look." I mumbled to him. I entangled my fingers into his hair and tilted his head back, I was thrilled by this control. He was allowing me this feeling. Jason grinned and leaned forward catching my bottom lip between his and sucking gently. This little gesture sent me roaring. I crushed my lips to his and hungrily searched his mouth for a reason. A reason to forget, a reason to stop, but I couldn't. And I didn't want to. The tip of his tongue teased mine and danced with it. His hands skimmed around my thighs and up my stomach, firmly taking hold of my breasts.

I never imagined wanting such passion with a man, not even Gabriel.

Gabriel who? I could feel my wolf grimace.

Jason released his capture of my breasts and placed his hands on either side of my head, not allowing me to back away from his assault on my mouth. He kissed along my cheek and grabbed my hair, tilting my head back, sending me to the heaven's with scorching kisses along my throat. The tiniest moan surpassed me as he nibbled on his mark.

"Just wait until I spread that pretty little ass of yours. My name will be the only one you're screaming, angel." He muttered to me breathlessly, keeping a tight hand around my neck. His finger glided over my mark, sending exotic tingles hurdling throughout my willing core. I wanted nothing more than to allow my Alpha, my fated, to keep to his word.

Author's Note:

Short, but I think you all waited long enough, and I hope this was a pleasure seeker for most of you!

Yours truly,

Amanda