"What?" she said, acting dumb. "That this is an alliance? It is, Nicholas."

"No, it is not, Ella," I said sternly. I understand that she is just doing this to get into my head and rile me up, but she is succeeding.

"We did not choose to be married, it was arranged," she whispered.

"We chose to be married. Do you understand?"

"Nicholas..." she chuckled.

"Ella, I chose you to be my wife. It is not an alliance."

She sighed, "It is not just an alliance. Is that fair?"

"It's better." She laughed, both her arms going around my neck. "I am very fond of you," I mumbled, resting my forehead against hers.

"As am I," she smiled while I felt her fingers in my hair, on the back of my head. A sigh of satisfaction escaped my lips while she let out a soft chuckle. I leaned in to kiss her but she pulled back. "Not in front of all the guests, Nick," she mumbled. I gave her a blank look. "Please?" she smiled.

I nodded in defeat and we continued to dance for a little while longer.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

We spent the rest of the day, up until seven o'clock in the evening with all our guests, and after dancing with her, I barely had a moment with her until now.

We both filed back into my car and at some point in between, our belongings for the honeymoon were placed into the trunk of the car. Now, we're driving straight to Serina. It's about an hour away from here. We're driving to Serina and Ella is... crying.

I understand it's an emotional day for every bride to be leaving her family once she gets married, but they will be two hours away. And it's only three days we'll be away from her family.

"Ella," I said softly.

"I am all right," she let out a small chuckle.

"Yes, indeed you are. You're bawling your eyes out, love," I sighed, glancing over at her.

"It is part of a wedding, Nicholas," she sniffled, wiping her cheeks dry and turning to me.

"I don't like this part of the wedding," I huffed, driving down the empty road.

"Unfortunately, you must deal with it," she shrugged.

I clicked my tongue in frustration, grabbing her hand. "It is a little difficult to deal with my wife sobbing beside me."

"Learn to cope, Nicholas."

"Oh lord," I chuckled. After the hour-long drive throughout which we talked, listening to some music and I successfully put a stop to her tears. We finally arrived.

"As beautiful as your mother's dress is, I need it off of me as quickly as possible," she mumbled while I helped her out of the car.

"Oh, perhaps I can help with that," I smirked while opening the trunk.

She laughed sarcastically before rolling her eyes and taking in her surroundings. Because my mother lived here for her whole life and my grandparents did too until two years ago when they passed, only a few months apart, which was a lot for my mother to handle. But because of that, I know this place inside out and I'm used to it. I come once a year for a little solitude.

"This place is gorgeous, Nick," she smiled.

"Do we have any company?" she questioned.

"Apart from a few butlers and housekeepers and one chef, nobody else. We shall stay in the main building, there are staff quarters down that way," I explained, pointing to the right.

"Prince Nicholas!" We both turned around, seeing Leonardo, he's a butler here and his mother is a housekeeper.

"Leonardo," I nodded. "It's good to see you."

He's nineteen years old. Still very young so I hope for his sake he quits this job and builds a life. "And you, your highness. Princess Ella," he bowed his head. She took a curtsey while shooting him a smile. "I shall take your bags, sir. And your dinner is being prepared."

I glanced at Ella. "Oh, that's all right. We had dinner earlier at the reception," she smiled.

"Then please excuse me. In a moment I shall leave your bags in your chambers." He left with our bags and we slowly trailed behind while Ella continued looking at the place.

She linked her arm with mine and rested her head on my shoulder as we continued walking. We walked around the fountain that spouted water and entered. "The estate is absolutely beautiful, Nicholas," she whispered.

"You may tell my mother that," I chuckled.

"I still cannot believe we had a wedding today," she mumbled. "Our wedding."

"The sooner you believe it, the better."

"And why is that?" she asked as we reached our room. I dismissed Leonardo before we entered and then I shut the door behind us.

"Because we have to understand and control everything soon. We are husband and wife, soon we shall be king and queen. That may take loads of preparation. Hence, the sooner we believe it," I turned to her. "The better."

She smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I have a question," she frowned. I arched a brow at her. She cleared her throat and stood up, walking over. "Do the heels come off first or the dress?"

I looked at her in surprise and amusement.

"I mean the dress is very long. I'll let you decide," she smiled.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 14

THEY'RE MARRIEDDDDDDDD

next chapter: husband