"Hold on hold on." I mumbled holding it up, and watched in horror as he grabbed the phone smashing it on the ground. I gasped slightly in shock, as I watched the glass from the screen scatter everywhere.

"Listen here, I told you we're leaving twice, and you didn't listen." He spat, grabbing my arm roughly. "I'm the man here, you listen to me."

"It was just a picture." I said quietly tears welling up in my eyes gripping tightly to the playbill.

He looked at me with pure fury as he tried to grab the playbill out of my hands, and I tried to pull it back. He looked at me again angrily, as he pulled up his hand and he slapped me across the face. Hard.

I let out a yelp as I hit the ground, trying to keep my arms up, as I landed in the smashed cell phone glass.

"HEY!" I heard someone yell behind me, and I tried to get up. "Want to tell me why you're beating up a kid?" I gazed behind me to see someone way taller than Adam.

"She's my kid. I was disciplining her." Adam said scoffing.

"That wasn't discipline that was abuse." The person behind me said. "Why don't you take a lap. Cool off."

"Hey, I know you. You're that pussy who played the kid who shot himself in the show. Get a fucking real job and be a man." Adam grinned, his yellow teeth shining through like mold in a loaf of bread.

I held my hand to the harsh hand print on my cheek, the cold making is sting even more.

"Don't make me call the cops man. Just take a lap." The person I knew by Adam's cruel description, was Mike Faist.

"You're a pussy." Adam growled stepping closer, and I felt someone's strong hands on my arms, pulling me up, and putting me behind them.

"As you've told me. Take a lap. Cool off. Then come here your kid." Mr. Faist insisted.

"I don't need to take a lap. I need you to stop sticking your big ass nose in my business." Adam said stepping closer and Mr. Faist shuffled me backwards him following.

"You like my face? Gee thanks. Now leave the kid alone, and take a lap." Mr. Faist said, and he sounded more stiff than before, angrier.

"No. You know what? She's a pain in my ass, and fucking ugly too like her mom. You can have her. Technically I don't even have rights. She's in the foster care thing as far as I give a shit. So if you care so much, take her." Adam said sounding condescending, and I peeked out from behind Mr. Faist just to see him lean down.

"What-" I whispered.

"You're a bitch, like your mom. Have a fucking bad life." He growled and Mr. Faist stepped back in front of me.

"That's enough." He Insisted, and Adam marched off, and I saw between Mr. Faist's arms to see him flip us off. As soon as Adam rounded the corner I noticed a stark change in Mr. Faist. He knelt down in front of me, looking at my cheek. "Oh my god kid are you okay?" He said turning around to face me. "I'm so sorry, I just threw your whole life up in the air, but that guy was-"

I cut him off by me wrapping my arms tightly around him. "Thank you." I whispered, and let go quickly. "Sorry, that was rude."

"No, it's fine." He smiled. "Is your cheek okay?"

"It's fine." I nodded.

"It looks bruised. We've got some ice upstairs, that will give me a chance to call CPS." He replied.

I nodded silently, ignoring what he said about CPS as I followed him into the lobby, and down through the theatre, into the orchestra pit, up onto the stage and then backstage to a large staircase to a bright blue room.

"Sorry about the hike." He said walking over to a fridge.

"It's not your fault." I replied shrugging.

"Still, it's annoying." He grinned, handing me an ice pack and an ice cream sandwich. "Yeah it's December, but ice cream never hurts."

I smiled as I pressed the ice pack to my face, trying to disregard the stinging.

"So to clarify, I'm Mike Faist, you might know me from the show, or your playbill, but you can call me Mike." He said smiling and sitting down across from the couch I had found a seat on, in a small armchair.

"Hi, I'm Magnolia." I replied. "Magnolia Davis."

"Well it's lovely to meet you. Welcome to the music box theatre." He grinned.

Now just- WAIT WAIT WAIT. YES, I have not updated, have I said I will maybe like eight bajillion times and then forgotten about it? Maybe. Is this chapter just decent enough I'm willing to publish it? Yes. Will I end up restarting this book again? No. This book will stay my happy little cringey guilty pleasure. And just to clarify, it's an adopted by story. And it's on Wattpad. It's supposed to be shit. Please read with that in mind. Any ways, happy whatever day or time it is for you. PEACE.

11-28
1500