One hour passes. And here I am, leaning my back against a police car, my hands covering my face as my heart sinks even deeper into an endless pit.

Vaughn leans against the car too, at my side. "We'll find her," he says.

I want to believe it, but why does my heart say otherwise?

I can't help but think that they indeed kept Lais in another place, and once they found me break the deal, they had a change of plan. The plan that would be my worst nightmare.

Oh, God, if something happens to her because of this--

My mind can't even bear thinking about the possibilities that may happen.

The main suspect, however, is Tuck.

A cop approaches me. "We found out that her stepfather is on a drug deal with a foreigner. We just caught the said dealer and managed to trace Tuck's location. It's another warehouse, and we have to move quickly."

My heart leaps in my throat. That might be the place where they keep Lais, and without waiting for another second, we get into the car.

 That might be the place where they keep Lais, and without waiting for another second, we get into the car

The journey to the other warehouse takes approximately 15 minutes.

I stare outside the car window, only to find that dark clouds are covering the sky. It's not a bright morning like yesterday, just like what happened in my dream.

My lips tremble nervously, and a soft cry leaves my lips as I look down at my lap.

Please, God, don't let anything bad happen to her. Don't take her away from me.

Once the car stops, I rush outside, but Vaughn catches me.

"Jake," he warns, stopping me, holding my arms and shoulder from behind.

"No!" I struggle when another cop pushes me back. "Lais!" I shout.

I know that they need me to wait, but I can't. Yet, there's nothing I can do when another cop helps Vaughn to stop me.

Fuck. Three people are blocking me from storming into the place.

After a few minutes of struggling to break away, the cops inside the warehouse finally give us the signal to proceed, and I run into it.

I stop short when another cop motions for me to follow him.

And suddenly, my legs feel heavy. I follow him, walking toward a small room.

And there before my eyes lies a pool of blood. My legs give in, and I drop to my knees.

It can't be...

My nightmare has turned into reality. The only difference is that I don't see her body.

A cop hands me a denim jacket, and I take it, staring at it in disbelief.