epilogue

I take in a deep sigh, "W. S. Gilbert wrote, "It's love that makes the world go 'round." And if that's true, then the world spun a little faster with Y/N in it. Y/N has been my best friend since she stepped into the bureau. We certainly had our struggles, but if there's one thing we agreed on unconditionally, it was our love and commitment to my son, Jack. Y/N's love for Jack was joyous and fierce - even though she wasn't his mother by blood, she still loved him like her own. That fierceness is why she isn't here today. She battled cancer fiercely with no sense of fear in her bones. We can all learn much from the way Y/N lived her life. Y/N's death causes each of us to stop and take stock of our lives—to measure who we are and what we've become. I don't have all those answers for myself, but I do know who Y/N was—she was the woman who died fighting to live her life longest and happiest to make the people around her happy and joyous. If Y/N were with us today, she would ask us not to mourn her death but to celebrate her life. She would tell us, she would tell us to love our families unconditionally, and to hold them close, because in the end, they are all that matter. I met Y/N at the bureau, her senses being lost and confused. But from that moment on, I knew that she was another woman that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. After Haley died, I was lost, but Y/N took my hand and led me out of the darkness, making me the happiest man on earth. She made me feel loved and worthy. From the first minute our hands touched, I felt a spark, and I have loved every minute on. Y/N may have been dying, but she made sure to live her life to the fullest and kept continuing to celebrate life. I loved Y/N and she would be so damn proud of us for being so strong. May she rest in paradise and fly high." I state, finishing up my small speech in Y/N's honor at her funeral.

Everyone takes turns putting a white rose on her casket, slowly turning on their heels and leaving the service after they do. The team stays after, giving Jack and I a moment alone with Y/N's casket.

"Blow Y/N a kiss, buddy." I state.

Jack nods, blowing her casket a kiss, "Bye Y/N," He states, waving slightly.

I lean him over slightly, letting him drop a white rose on her casket. I put him down, letting him run over to Rossi. 

I near Y/N's casket, taking a deep breath, "Goodbye, my love. I love you and I miss you more and more everyday." I state, blowing her a kiss as I set down a white rose on her casket.

I turn on my heels, walking away slowly. Morgan pats my shoulder as I reach the group. We all sit together and watch as Y/N's casket is lowered into the ground, emitting streams of tears from the all of us. I let out a sharp exhale once I know her casket is fully in the ground, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

That's it. That's the end.