"My names Yasmine, I'm a 2nd generation superhero. I have the ability to swim and breath underwater, and talk to sea creatures. Not much to what you can do though." Yasmine said doubting herself as she stared at the bus floor.

"Oh thanks, but your power is cool too. Everyone possesses their own power differently, I happen to have my mothers power combined with my dads, but that doesn't mean we use them the same way." Esme shrugged as she turned her body so her back was facing Warren.

"I'm Esme by the way." Esme held her hand out to Yasmine, the young sea nymph taking Esme's hand and shaking it.

Esme was finally happy that she made a friend who talked back to her and one who didn't judge her for her fathers mistakes.

But just as Yasmine and Esme were talking, it seemingly came to an end. Seeing as Esme's stop had came, so she said goodbye to both Yasmine and Warren. Only one replying back before she got off of the bus.

Elizabeth was standing on the porch waiting for her daughter to tell her all about her first day at Sky High. Elizabeth could see the bright smile that illuminated her daughters face.

"So, how was school today? Make any friends? How bout cute boys?" Elizabeth playfully taunted her daughter with a million questions.

"Mom seriously? It's my first day and I just got home." Esme said nicely as she sat down at the dining table.

"I know, I know. I just...I am excited to see the modest and exemplary hero you will become." Brushing a strand of hair away from her daughters face, she gasped as she almost forgot her present.

"I almost forgot!" Elizabeth bent down and pulled up a guitar case along with a box wrapped it wrapping paper.

"What did you get me mom? It's only my first day and we already knew I was gonna be placed into Hero." Esme chuckled softly as she ripped open the paper and looked at the case. Opening it up to find a white jeweled out microphone.

"I know it isn't much, but I decided that you needed an upgrade." Esme didn't know what to say in that moment. All she did was stood up and hugged her mother gently.

"Thank you mom, I cant wait to test it out." Esme gently sat the microphone down and opened the guitar case, seeing a beautiful, chestnut brown acoustic guitar just like her last one. Except this one came with a white shoulder strap which was her name embroidered into it.

"Its beautiful mom. Where did you get it?" Esme shook her head as she strummed the strings gently.

"I have my ways. And dont worry about finding a place to play tonight, we are having dinner at the Paper Lantern where I asked and they generously and graciously accepted our request." Elizabeth smiled down at her daughter with a giant, pearly smile to accompany her excitement.

"Mom, have I ever told you that you are literally the best?" Esme asked playfully, already knowing the answer.

"Not as much as I'd like to here it, but yeah I know." Elizabeth laughed softly before pushing her daughter gently towards the stairs to get ready for tonight.

•○•

Esme was nervous to say the least, ice was freezing her finger tips and electricty shot out from time to time. She shook her head softly as she picked out a white off the shoulder dress with ruching at the bodice and the skirt.

She pulled on some white sandals and fixed her hair so that it laid in a fish tail braid across her shoulder. Her makeup accentuated her green eyes which made them pop. Her neck was accompanied by a glistening diamond necklace that her father had gifted to her last Christmas. Alomg with a pair of earrings from her grandmother who she hadn't seen in a very long time.

6 o'clock came around sooner then expected from the young heroine. Slowly and shakingly, she stood up and began walking downstairs to find her mother waiting at the door. Making their way out into the crisp air, the little wisps that fell from Esme's face blew in the wind.

She slowly slipped into her mothers car before buckling up, waiting for her mother to get in and start the car.

After about 5 minutes of driving they arrived at the Paper Lantern. Usually they walked, but since they had all of Esme's musical gear with them it was best to travel the right way and with a car.

The Paper Lantern tonight looked about decent, not a lot of people, but there could be less as well. Esme was nervous beyond comprehension, she had never once sang in front of this many people before.

The only people who have heard her sing was her mother, her family, and Mrs. Lee. Mrs. Lee was the woman who owned the restaurant and gave Esme a chance to show her true potential.

Esme was grateful to have so many supporters, but she was also very shy and reserved. So mayne this would help her break out of her shell a little more.

Maybe, this would help her discover who she truly is.