Esme got into the lunch line and waited generously for the others, occasionally get pushed and shoved. She sighed softly to herself before she felt the shoving stop, it soon replaced itself with a radiating warmth.

Turning her head and looking up, Esme was quite shocked to see Warren Peace standing behind her in line. Esme gulped softly, not realizing the severe height difference between the two of them.

Esme standing at 5'2 was still growing, her growth spurts just decided to stop for a bit. As for Warren, he also still had a bit of growing to do, but right now he stood at a whopping 6'0.

He was a sight definitely a sight for sore eyes, but it seemed as if time had stopped completely. The lunch room was quiet as the two villainous children stood infront of each other. Warren must've heard the lack of commotion because as soon as he tore his gaze from the young Esme and looked over the cafeteria, everyone began to speak amongst themselves once again.

Esme shook her head softly as she grabbed an apple and sandwhich, along with some apple juice before heading into the terrible mess of finding a table for herself.

Every table that she looked at was either filled to the bare maximum or had people trembling in their pants just looking at her. So, she decided to walk over and sit down at a table that had no one at it. Finding herself quite alone, her face began to dull out and lose a bit of color.

She didn't expect for everyone to treat her like such an outcast, she just wanted to be Esme. Not Esmerela Craine. Not Johnthan Craine's daughter.

Picking at the lunch food she had gotten, another tray had been placed down on the other end of the table. Her head shot up to see who dared to sit with her, and to her surprise, it was Warren. She smiled softly before turning her attention back onto her food.

Esme couldn't help but notice that he was reading a book of poems from Robert Frost. She didnt depict Warren to be the type to read such philosophical works of literature. But, it also wasn't like her to judge a book by its cover.

With a great power of courage, she opened her mouth about to take the first step into hopefully making one friend.

"My..my favorite one is Fire and Ice." Esme said softly, but just enough for Warren to hear her.

He didn't react much, just a simple head nod that could barely been seen by anyone who wasn't near them.

Esmerelda thought that that would have been enough for one day, so she got up and tossed away her barely touched food before walking down the hallway towards Nurse Spex' office once again.

The only sound within grasp of Esme's ear shot was the clicking of her sandals against the glistened and glossed tile of the floor. She opened the infirmary door and let herself in, looking all around for the little old lady who had been so kind to her.

"Oh there you are. I was beginning go think you wouldn't come back." Esme giggled softly as she heard the ladies voice. It was a smooth and soft voice which reminded her much of a sweet grandmother.

"With the new class of young heroes and sidekicks coming in, I would love to have some help around the office. Now you dont have to say yes, bu-" Esme didn't mean to be rude, but she also knew that it would be a great opportunity to learn how to heal people without needing hero support from it.

"I would love to help you Nurse Spex, will this be like a extra curricular or just a side job on when I dont have a class?" Esme asked softly as she brushed her bangs back.

"I will talk to Pricipal Powers to see if you could possibly get a grade for your service here." Nurse Spex said gently with a smile. Esme was excited and couldn't wait to start her first day of being a NA.

Soon, the bell rang once again, signaling that lunch was over and that power placement was beginning again.

"Well you better go on now dear. Don't want to be late for power placement." Esme nodded before grabbing her stuff and walking out of the office.

Her feet had tricked her into slowing down, thinking of all the great opportunities she was going to receive going to this school. So, while she took her time returning to power placement, Coach Boomer had called up another student.

Warren wasn't happy about showing off his powers infront of everyone, but he also just wanted to get it over and done with. While Coach Boomer had unveiled a couple of targets on the walls near the double doors, Esme had barely walked it when a fireball we my threw the window she had passed and skimmed her shoulder just a bit.

Enough for her to get a slight burn, but not enough to cause permanent damage.

"Uh...Coach Boomer? Am I suppose to be dead now?" Esme asked playfully as she smiled, walking inside as she saw Warren beside him.

"Craine, why are you late?" Coach Boomer placed his hands on his hips, clipboard in hand as she just smiled.

"I got a job?" She replied nervously before joking the rest of her class. A beaming smile of her face as she held her sore and heat burnt shoulder softly.