On The Days That I Have Doubts

Start from the beginning

Taehyung's mother walked into the room again, carrying bowls and spoons for dessert. She had overheard the conversation it seemed because she said, "Or what about becoming a teacher or something related to working with kids? Daeshim already takes a liking to you."

That's because he's a brat who knows he can torture me without you all judging me.

"I'm not sure."

Business? That sounded quite bland. He didn't want to be stuck in a little office, staring at a computer screen all day. He wasn't sure if he could handle it.

A teacher? Then he'd really never escape the school scenario and the thought made him laugh. Did you get stuck twice in high school? Sure, come be a teacher since you already have more experience with school than people your age.

Work-related to kids? He had no experience with that whatsoever, he had barely been a real kid himself because of his mother not being responsible. He had never been raised properly and so he wouldn't know how to raise a child, let alone teach kids morals about life he had never been taught.

He really had no idea what to do with his life. The thought put a damper on his mood.

Luckily Taehyung seemed to feel his mood change and so he changed the subject, asking Sehun about work. Jeongguk zoned out of the conversation because it turned out to be too boring to pay any attention to. He really didn't want to study business, he realized.

The tiramisu finally made an appearance and Jeongguk could finally feel himself come back to life when the massive bowl filled with tiramisu was placed in front of him. Taehyung's mother handed him the biggest spoon she could find and gave him the honor to scoop the first serving.

»»————- 🥊 ————-««

Jeongguk groaned as he rolled onto his back, rubbing his filled tummy. He had eaten so much tiramisu he felt as if his stomach was going to burst and squirt out tiramisu like a balloon. His eyes squeezed shut as he rubbed his bloated belly, his back supported by the highly comforting mattress underneath him.

He was currently in Taehyung's old room, the stuff untouched ever since Taehyung moved out at eighteen to go to college. There were posters of famous boxing champions and a lot of drawings Taehyung had made during his free time.

The second year Jeongguk had stayed with Taehyung for the holidays he had actually snooped around the bedroom and found a box stuffed to the brim with love letters from girls Taehyung had known in middle and high school. Taehyung's face had reddened when he had seen the love letters scattered around the bed, Jeongguk's curiosity making him read each and every one of them.

"Seems like you were quite handsome back in the day." Jeongguk grinned, flopping the letter in his hand, "She's talking about your curls resembling the waves of an ocean."

"Shut up." Taehyung reached for the letter, his ears burning hot. Jeongguk laughed and let Taehyung snatch the letter.

"Mr. popular." Jeongguk grinned. "And I'm dating him. Do you have a reunion soon? I'd love to prance around with you wrapped around my finger." It was a joke obviously because there was no way Jeongguk would ever be seen with a guy in public. He could never ever get the word boyfriend out when there were people around.

Jeongguk smirked when he crawled closer to Taehyung. "I'd make all the girls jealous."

Jeongguk smiled at the memory. Maybe if Taehyung did have a reunion now, he could actually show up with Taehyung and be introduced as his boyfriend. It did sound nice now, years later, after finally being out of the closet.

Jeongguk wiggled around on the bed, waiting for Taehyung to come upstairs. They had ascended the stairs together but Taehyung's mother had called him back and so Jeongguk was left alone now.

For a split second, he wondered if he should give Taehyung's Christmas present now. The poorly wrapped gift was stuffed in his coat's pocket since he didn't want Taehyung to see it when he opened the suitcase.

His thoughts were quickly thrown away though when Taehyung finally entered the bedroom. The first thing Jeongguk noticed were Taehyung eyes that were now red and puffy. He stood up from the bed automatically and neared his boyfriend. "Tae? What's wrong?"

The man's bottom lip wobbled but Jeongguk could tell he was trying to keep it together. Taehyung always wanted to look so strong for Jeongguk but the man had to learn that he too could have problems, his feelings mattered in this relationship and he should also feel comfortable sharing them.

Jeongguk wasn't a baby, he could take care of his sad boyfriend.

"Tae, please, tell me," Jeongguk asked him, lacing their fingers together. Taehyung didn't want to meet his eye and remained stiff as he took deep breaths, regaining control of his emotions. Jeongguk lead the man to the bed, sitting him down. "Taehyung-."

"Grandpa called."

Taehyung's grandfather had dementia and was in a nursing home three towns away, the only one specialized in demented elderly people. His health had declined ever since his wife, Taehyung's grandmother, died. Because of this, he wasn't allowed to leave his room and the family tried visiting him whenever they could.

It was tough for Taehyung. His grandfather couldn't remember who his grandchildren were most of the time and he always asked to see his wife, forgotten she had died years ago. Taehyung tried his best to visit him from time to time but he always returned home with his mood deflated and red rings around his eyes.

"He- he had a bright moment." Taehyung swallowed. "He remembered Tae-yeong."

The name made Jeongguk freeze for a second. Taehyung didn't utter his baby sister's name often and whenever he did he broke into sobs. She died not too long ago, hit by a car on her way home to school.

Jeongguk but his bottom lip at the memory. Taehyung was called to the hospital one day while Jeongguk was in school. He remembered how broken Taehyung had looked but also how hopeful he had sounded.

It was to no avail though. His little sister was kept in a coma for a while until she was declared braindead and they pulled the plug.

"He cried." Taehyung sniffled, his throat slowly tightening. "H-he cried for grandma. He cried for dad. He r-remembered it all and it was s-so painful." The tears threatened to fall now and Jeongguk could see that Taehyung was still trying to keep strong. "I-I cry when he doesn't remember b-but he cries when he remembers and there's n-no way out."

The hand rubbing up and down his back was what finally broke him, the comfort Jeongguk offered him enough to break down his walls. Taehyung let his head fall and Jeongguk cradled it into his hands before enveloping the man into his embrace and lying them down.

He let Taehyung sob into his chest for what felt like hours as his hand run up and down his side as he stared at the ceiling, feeling his own set of tears roll down his cheek.

HI GUYS I'm planning dandelion and I'm exciteddddd but also I'm sad because red revenge is slowly coming to an end but I'm curious to see how many people will begin to read red revenge once it's completed. Anywayyyy toodles 🧡