It's You

Jeongguk stared from across the table to where Kim Seokjin was sitting. The man was wearing a really nice sweater matched with dress pants and his usual fancy shoes. His hair was not slicked back this time but actually looked kind of fluffy.

Seokjin had been invited into the apartment not even five minutes ago and Taehyung had given him a cup of coffee before scurrying away, telling them they could talk while he had to go do other business. Jeongguk knew his boyfriend wanted them to talk in private without Taehyung's presence there to interrupt them and for some reason he felt anxious now that his boyfriend was gone.

Jeongguk hadn't said a word yet. He wasn't quite sure how to feel with this man sitting in front of him, looking as if he had stepped out of a modelling magazine. His tentative eyes watched how Seokjin carefully set down his cup of coffee before he folded his fingers together, resting his chin on his hands.

"So." The first words had been spoken. Seokjin's eyes met his. "I want to apologize for causing havoc last week. I didn't mean to upset you and I'm sorry my words made you feel that way." The man's eyes were unreadable and Jeongguk gulped as he kept staring into his own.

As Jeongguk let the apology replay in his head, something about it felt off and Jeongguk couldn't help but point it out. "You're not apologizing for what you said?"

"No." Seokjin plainly stated. "I was mainly concerned for Taehyung's wellbeing since I've seen a friend get stuck in a toxic relationship before. From what I had gathered from my time of being around Taehyung, in my eyes, you weren't the best for him. I can see now though that I should've met you first before jumping to conclusions."

Jeongguk nodded, even if he felt a little dissatisfied with the explanation. His text message had done more than just upset it, it had made him question his abilities to be a good boyfriend and be a good person in general. Seokjin didn't realize that and Jeongguk felt too bitter to bring it up.

"How can I convince you I'm a good boyfriend?" Jeongguk questioned, his hands fumbling with the strings of his hoodie. He wasn't quite sure who's hoodie it was because he often stole Taehyung's and then claimed them as his own.

It was most probably Taehyung's.

"You don't have to convince me." Seokjin simply spoke. "You convinced Taehyung and that's all that matters." The man leaned forward, his elbows planted on the table. "I wanted to tell you something because, from what I've gathered, you think of me as some kind of perfect man?"

Jeongguk felt his cheeks heat up at those words. He did in fact say those things but he never meant to let Seokjin know that he saw him as someone perfect.

The rosy color on the boy's cheeks told Seokjin all he needed to know. He leaned back into his chair and sighed. "I'm not perfect and frankly, no one is. You might look at me and make your assumptions but there's a lot more than the eye can see."

"So you're not a successful businessman with a penthouse?" Jeongguk questioned with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Well- I am, but that's beside the point." A faint smile was seen on Seokjin's lips before it disappeared again. "If I didn't have those things, what else do I have? Did you ever wonder why I was there that night when I met Taehyung? I was alone in the bar as well, in my work clothes, drinking my worries away just like Taehyung was doing."

"Work-related worries?" Jeongguk guessed with a shrug of his shoulders.

Seokjin shook his head and held out his hand and stuck out one finger. "We'll play a game. I'll begin naming my flaws one by one until you feel like you can scratch that word perfect and see me as a normal human being." Seokjin grinned.