As for her statement about Ricky, I know it's not gonna happen. I would be lucky if I even saw him today. He disappears with this annual New Years girl pretty quickly. Plus, I wouldn't want to start my year off with another almost-kiss from him.

I trotted up the stairs, and walked back to my bedroom to clean up the mess.

-

I looked at the clock as I swiped some gloss across my lips.

10:50

That leaves me with 10 more minutes before I had to leave for the party. Well, it started hours ago, but I always come late because I usually spend most of the night with my parents before I head over there. My parents aren't even home tonight, but it still a habit for me to go at this time.

I smoothened out my lacy black dress, and tugged on my black heels. I checked my hair, in case I missed some strands and didn't curl them. Luckily, I curled all the strands and I didn't have to reheat my curling wand. I grabbed my camera off of my dresser and stuffed it in my purse. I grabbed my coat off my hanger and tugged it on. I slowly walked towards the door and headed downstairs, making sure I wasn't going to fall. I didn't need to rush anyways, Jon lived right across the street.

I stepped down the stairs and swung the front door open, revealing a gust of wind to run past my legs. I hugged my coat closer to my body, and walk as fast as I could across the street. If I didn't get their in one more minute, I'd probably get hypothermia.

I could already hear the music and screaming pumping from inside the house. I rung the door bell, and immediately a random guy opened it.

He looked at me with his dark green eyes, and sent me a smile. I wasn't so sure who he was, but I've seen him somewhere before. I smiled back and stepped through the door.

I took off my coat and placed it on a hanger. The boy closed the door and turned back to face me.

"Thanks for opening the door, uh..." I said, not knowing his name. He laughed and stuck his hand in front of me.

"Liam. Liam Attridge. And you're welcome." He said happily. I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"I'm Charlene Jones. Not to sound weird, but you look strangely familiar. Do you go to Everstone?" I said walking over the crowds of people to grab a soda with Liam by my side. He shook his head.

"Nope. I go to Riverhead. My school is a few miles away from Everstone. I'm on the football team, so you probably saw me on the field against your schools team." He explained loudly, trying to make sound amongst the blaring music. That's where I recognized him from. I mouthed an "oh" and nodded my head.

"So what brings you to your rival school's party? Aren't you suppose to be crashing it or something?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows sarcastically. His laugh rang around me.

"No, Jon and I are good friends. Don't tell anyone, but I think Everstone's a pretty cool school. If I wasn't part of my school's team, I would probably be rooting for yours." He chuckled, winking. I smiled and took a sip from my soda.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. Well, it was nice meeting you Liam. I'll see you around?" I said, spotting Jon and Francesca at the DJ station.

"Definitely. I'll see you at the next game, Charlene." He waved, soon disappearing in the crowd. I turned around, and pushed past some dancing bodies. I finally reached the the happy couple, dancing behind their table. They saw me and waved.

"Are you having fun?" Jon asked, pulling one side of his headphones down to his neck.

"Obviously, who doesn't have fun at your parties?" I chuckled, putting my soda down on the table. He smirked and nodded.