Chapter 2 - The Nightshade

TW: Clubbing, drinking, alcohol, blacking out.

"Should be here..." you muttered as Leon halted next to you. You looked at the stores around and eventually saw what you were looking for. "Sudowoodo Furniture!" You exclaimed and ran across the street. Leon called after you and caught up. You were about to enter and then you noticed the closed sign. Their hours were wrong on the website... "Rats... what am I going to do now, that was the only one supposedly open today," you groaned. 

"I've got a couple extra bedrooms if you want to stay, unless that's too weird," Leon suggested. Yeah that's a little odd considering we just met you thought but you figured it was the best offer as of now. 

"I'll think about it, thanks for the offer," you responded. Your phone dinged and you pulled it out. Nessa texted you. 

Nessa: Hey girl wyd
You: Nm! Just looking around Wyndon. Tryin to find furniture but fail. Store is closed :(
Nessa: that sucks!! Well what r u doing tonight?
You: nothing y?
Nessa: I'm coming to Wyndon to go out to the nightshade if u wanna go w me
You: what is that?

You paused. Sounds like a night club to me. You weren't sure if you really wanted to go clubbing your first night here. But then again what else would you do? You had no furniture, not even a TV. 

Nessa: a nightclub downtown in Wyndon, u in?
You: alright ya sure
Nessa: great! I'll be by around 10? We can get ready together n leave by 11. 

You liked her message and put your phone away. 

"Popular already?" Leon teased. 

"Just a new friend I met," he feigned hurt at that response. 

"Whaaat I wasn't your first Galarian friend?" You rolled your eyes. 

"C'mon let's just go back," you said exasperated. Leon nodded and immediately started walking in the wrong direction. You just stared at him. Does he not remember what way we even came from you laughed to yourself. Eventually he realized you weren't with him and he spun around. Cape whipping around and he looked at you confused. "Leon that's the wrong way bud," you giggled. You heard him quietly curse under his breath and he came back to you. 

"Yeah I'm really bad with directions you lead the way," he admitted. You laughed a little and then started to proceed towards your guys' building. 

When you entered the elevator you asked "what floor?" As you punched in the top one for yourself. 

"Same as you actually," you paused as you realized he was your new neighbor. You lowered your hand from the buttons and the doors closed. The elevator was silent the whole way up, you being too nervous to say anything. You exited the elevator first going to your door. Leon mimicked but with his own door. "Well guess I'll see you around, thanks for letting me tag along!" He smiled showing his teeth and genuine happiness. 

How are his teeth so... white?! "Y-yeah not a problem bye!" You quickly jumped in your apartment and closed and locked the door. 

Breathing a sigh of relief you walked around your empty apartment. At least the bedroom floor was carpeted so you didn't have to lay on a hard wood floor. It was about 6pm and you were getting hungry. You decided to order some pizza as it was easy and you had no plates anyways. To kill time you pulled out your phone and started looking up the different gym leaders in Galar. All of them looked really cool, but unfortunately you didn't know any of them except for Nessa. You also noticed they didn't have an elite four. You figured you would ask Leon the next time you saw him about how exactly this worked. The doorbell rang signaling your pizza was here and you went to retrieve it.