Revelations of the Shocking Kind

The broken vessel froze because since when could they do that? Since when could they scream? And did they just burn him or something? They never did that before!

The Pale King froze as he just heard his child scream. Actually scream.
And his hand was stung, repelled. He has worked with void countless times and that never happened before. Never. The void had tried countless times to absorb him, not repel him. Was this an ability that this particular progeny of his developed? He couldn't rationally think about this right now, too many surprises too fast.

Both froze, the younger a bit longer giving the Wyrm plenty of time to ask, "What happened while I was away?"

The vessel took a moment to register what he said before panicking and trying to answer, moving their arms and trying to form words desperately. However the vessel didn't know how to talk, this was new to them too. The Pale King looked disappointed and some other expression that was more prevalent that the vessel couldn't quite place (he was both mortified and horrified), scaring them further.

He tried to quickly speak to rectify this. "I was going to see your mother. Will you accompany me?" With every fiber of their being, the vessel really didn't want to. They wanted to run away and get far, far away from him and hopefully never see him again. However, they were afraid of what would happen if they didn't.

They slowly nodded.

°•°•°•○●○•°•°•°

Everyone felt him return, but only after he left his realm despite what he may think.

Even the mortals knew something happened as his presence was strong after a long absence.

The Chosen Vessel, however? They booked it, shocking their sister, almost as much as the Pale King's light returning. "Hallow wait!" They didn't. After all, he was here, he was back!

Hornet quickly took her needle and the nail her sibling forgot in their haste and followed.

•°•°•°●○●°•°•°•

The White Lady really didn't know what to do now.

Her beloved Wyrm returned in addition to her children, and now it seems he and one of their children were coming towards her. She didn't know what to think at this point- make that three children coming to see her, (or rather the Pale King who was happening to go see her.) although two of them haven't met up with the Pale King and the other child yet.

She decided to mentally prepare herself in the meantime.

○○○○○○○○

They halted in their process once he reformed himself again. Everything was starting to quickly move forward now and they weren't sure what to do themselves despite being the one (the collective?) who set all of this in motion.

They bristled when the Chosen Vessel ran towards The Pale King in love and desperation, and they did so again when The Pale King touched their formerly lost kin.

As they observe him he seems to be wrought with guilt.

No matter.

They just need to make sure it's safe to bring back the rest of their siblings.

○○○○○○○○