future |8- a special place in hell

"Shit!"

"Your way of speaking changed." Tristan muttered, as he balled his fist. A ghastly barrier rose up from the underground, encasing the cave. Souls were rapidly floating around securing the barrier. If one would lean closer, they could hear the agony of the lost souls making up the barrier. This had to be the third base they checked, and he hopes this wouldn't end up fruitless.

"Death does that to you," She stretched her arms over her head. When she's no longer Duchess Arseni, or Princess— she's just Dhalia. In a way that was freedom she never thought she needed.

"Did you really steal King Auguste's mana?"

"You bet!" She smirked. "I wouldn't let that man walk through Seoris again." Her expression turned a notch darker. He always thought that Dhalia was on King Auguste's side. She had always been meek and obedient. But that had all been an act. In the end, he stands true— Dhalia is a viper, that bit her own father. "But, uh. They were after me to extract half his mana. You were holding his soul in the netherworld right?"

"I did reserve a special place in hell for him Dhalia."

"If he's human again, you won't be able to control him anymore. His followers would defend him, they were crazy enough to open hell's gate to grab him."

"You... saw..." me, was what he wanted to add. It was a chilling memory, to see his own wife and son on the other side of the realm. In the land of the dead.

"Of course, you were the one who closed it, right?" It was hard to think of her as dead, when she was standing right in front of him, looking more alive than she had ever been.

Then, at the same moment, the floor of the cavern shook. A magic circle suddenly appeared beneath their feet. It was a frighteningly familiar sensation to the di Carita Summoning, and the Arseni Spiritual Manipulation.

He was so sure that the moment they looked at each other, they had only one thought—

Nao!