"Y-You're right. Right, Yuno and [Y/n] will be fine, but the other one will come right back."

The conversation went on for a few more minutes as they talked about Asta and his grimoire. Soon after, Sister Lily and Father Orfai headed back to the church.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Second-person pov:

You walked beside Yuno as the sun continued to dip deeper into the horizon. Yuno was using his magic to keep a stack of chopped wood off the ground.

"Training's not over until I'm back at the church!" a familiar voice coming from behind you shouted. "Eat my dust!" Asta ran past the two of you with a trail of dust following behind him. Yuno started running after him shortly after. They were racing, and the church was the finish line. You chuckled at their child-like behaviour.

"Welcome back!" you heard the kids yell.

You walked to Aruru, patting her head as you got to the church. You smiled at her before looking up. Your eyes were met with your two childhood best friends trying to catch their breaths. Yuno had a hand on his hip whilst Asta was holding onto his sword for support.

"Wh-Who got here faster?" Asta stuttered.

"Hmm...Yuno was just a tiny bit faster," Nash answered.

"Seriously?! Were you even looking?!" the ash-blonde idiot turned to face Yuno with a clenched fist directed at the ravenette. "Then I'll race you into the church!"

Asta dashed to the church but, before he could make it to the mahogany doors, a gust of wind launched the magicless-idiot into the air.

"I win," the ravenette stated as he stepped into the run-down church. Asta landed on his back. His sword plunged into the ground beside his head. You suppressed your laughter by placing a hand on your stomach and mouth, looking away from the scene.

"Yuno can be pretty childish sometimes," the violet-haired 10-year-old commented. "Yeah, I mean, getting so worked up over Asta, of all people? Not to mention, Yuno-nii... How many years will this last us?" Nash looked back at the pile of wood that Yuno gathered.

"Ne Asta, get up before bugs crawl up your pants," you wiped your comical tears before walking to Asta's body, crouching down to put a hand on his cheek. You smiled cheekily as the ash-blonde haired idiot looked at you with fake tears and sparkles filling his eyes.

"[Y/n]-san..." he wiped his 'tears' as he got up on one knee. The ash-blonde idiot took out a pink daisy, holding it out towards your direction. "If Sister Lily and I don't marry, will you marry me instead?"

"A-Ano..." you rubbed the back of your neck, forcing a smile. You're sweatdropped. "Uh...I'm a little too young to get married but, I gue-"

You were cut off by a fury of wind launching Asta and his sword into the air, once again.

"[Y/n], Sister Lily is asking for you. She's in the kitchen," Yuno claimed in monotone with the same stoic look that he consistently wore.

"R-Right," you laughed nervously before running into the foster church.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You had a dinner celebration for you, Yuno and Asta, as you were to set out for the royal capital to become Magic Knights early morning. Father went to all the surrounding villages asking for tatoes. You and Sister Lily prepared dinner. You cherished it as it was probably the last dinner that you were gonna have together in awhile.

As night fell, the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the pale crescent moon. The moonlight shone through the windows of the old church. Your thin floor mattress lay next to Yuno's. You failed to drift to sleep as thoughts of where you came from and who your biological parents were, filled your mind. These thoughts always roamed your mind freely. Although, you'd just brush them aside when people were around. 

You turned over as your gaze made it's way to Yuno's sleeping form. His facial features were more defined. You moved closer to him, examining his features. You never realized how different he looked from when you were kids. His fair skin sparkled underneath the moonlight. You heard his faint breathing as his chest moved up and down. His grimoire laid beside him. Dark strings of hair rested on his face. His hair looked soft and silky. You couldn't take your eyes off of him.

Before you knew it, your eyelids felt heavy as you struggled to stay awake. Eventually, you gave in and drifted off to sleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The day dawned crisp and clear. You stood outside of the church along with the rest of your foster family. You all said your farewells. Nash said something about joining the magic knights one day.

"I'll wait for you," Asta exclaimed. Nash crossed his arms, making a 'hmfp' sound as he turned away from the ash-blonde.

"Well, we'll be off," Yuno put an arm around your shoulder, headed in the direction of the royal capital. "B-Bye!" you turned around to wave at the rest of your foster family before continuing to walk with the ravenette as he held onto you. "Hey, wait, Yuno! [Y/n]!" Asta yelled. Yuno stays quiet. "Answer me, you handsome jerk! just because we're rivals doesn't mean we can't get along!"

Yuno walked faster, ignoring the ash-blonde. He dragged you along with him. You chuckled at his childish behaviour. "Hey!" Asta shouted before turning around. "Well, bye bye!" he waved, walking backwards as the 6 of them waved back. "Have a safe trip!"

The three of you headed in the direction of the royal capital. You took in the beautiful green scenery as you inhaled the fresh air. You walked in between your two childhood best friends, noticing that Yuno still had his arm around your shoulder.

"Seems like somebody doesn't wanna let go of me, huh?" you teased, looking up at Yuno. He looked down at you as you wiggled your brows at him. "It's not my fault that you're slow," the ravenette took his arm off your shoulder, continuing to walk. "Excuses, excuses," you smiled.

"It's not fair how he gets to be so close to you, [Y/n]!" Asta roared. The ash-blonde shifted closer to you, intertwining your hand with his. He had a cheeky grin on his face as he looked up at you. Suddenly, a menacing aura came from Yuno's form as he continued to keep his gaze forward. The ravenette was muttering to himself with a stoic look plastered on his face. "It's not a competition on who gets to be closer to [Y/n]," a few seconds passed before the ravenette took your hand in his. His hand felt soft, unlike Asta, whose hand felt like it had blisters. Pretty understandable, considering how hard he worked himself.

"The royal capital, huh... I wonder what it's like. I wonder if we'll get to meet the Wizard King!" you chuckled nervously as Asta glared at Yuno.

"First, we need to pass the Magic Knights entrance exam. Then we'll talk," Yuno spoke. "I'm so excited!" Asta added.

"Excited? Aren't you scared?"

"Huh? Why would I be?"

"You never change."

A few minutes later.

The three of you were trying to regain your breaths from the race that you just had. "Stop. We've got a long way to go," Yuno held onto Asta's shirt as he tried to run again. "Not yet! I'm not done yet!" Yuno launched him to the ground. The ravenette sighed as you giggled at the two.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yuno looked up at you with beads of sweat falling down his face. The sunlight bounced off of his amber eyes, making them sparkle. He looked even more... attractive than he already was. Wait what? You snapped out of your thoughts, mentally slapping yourself. "Y-Yeah, I'm alright," you smiled.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

[A/n]: Sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes! I decided to end it there because that was the end of the episode, and I know I said this chapter was going to be longer but I changed my mind JHBYKGUDNbk sorry I haven't updated in a few days I've had writer's block and I've been spending time with my family

ALSO CAN YALL BELIEVE THAT 2020 IS ALMOST OVER?!?!

ANYWHOO the next chapter will be the Magic Knights Exam I promise it'll be longer this time! this chapter was very bland, sorry about that, I was gonna try to fit the Magic Knights Exam in this chapter but I decided not to

I promise that I'm going to publish it sooner than this one because I don't like to keep people waiting but I take my time on these stories because I need to plan it out and I proofread them ALOT to fix some mistakes

word count: 2147