Chapter Two

The next day, Applejack was seen bucking apple trees in the glorious apple farm of Ponyville, Sweet Apple Acres. She was bucking her fifteenth tree for the day. She left the rest of the trees yet to be bucked for Big Macintosh, or Big Mac, her brother. She then decided to take the day off since she doesn't have any chores yet to do. 'Now that everythins' clear, what should Ah do now?' she thought to herself. Usually, she normally just goes back in the barn house to do some cleaning. 'Ah could ask one of mah friends to hangout, but they're probably a mite busy 'tis time 'round' she thought. She mostly hangs out with her little sister, Apple Bloom, or her older brother, Big Mac, or even both. But today, she wanted to hangout with one of her friends. She wanted to have a "change of scenery" since she's been hanging around in the farm way too long; she grew tired of it.

"Alright! Big Mac, ya can take care of the last batch fer today, ya hear?" Applejack called to her brother. "Ah just need a break from all this applebuckin'."

"Eyup!" Big Mac replied, and then continued to applebuck.

Applejack then trotted over to the town square. Then she stopped.

"Who should Ah hangout with today?" She asked to no one in particular. "How 'bout Pinkie? Nah, she's probably busy in the bakery, or hangin' out with Cheese Sandwhich."

"How 'bout Rarity? No, definitely not Rarity. She would put me in one of her frou-frou outfits," Applejack started to walk to town square. "Now, Fluttershy's busy with her animals... what about Rainbow Dash?" Applejack thought for a minute about her last suggestion. Then something clicked in her mind.

"Yup, Ah'm goin' to ask Dash if she wants to hangout today. Ah'm sure she wants to do a competition," she said cheerfully. Then she stopped again and spoke, "Oh wait, what if she's doin' her Wonderbolt stuff?" Applejack was frustrated.

"Well, it can't hurt to see if she's home. What's today? Oh right, today's Saturday, her day off! Ah can see her today!" Applejack soon trotted happily and head her way to town square, to Dash's house, to ask her to hangout.

"Don't 'cha worry Dash, Ah'm comin,'"

Back at Rainbow Dash's house, her face was covered in tears. Her eyes bloodshot and puffy from all the crying she did. Her hair frazzled and out of place, and is still wearing her dress she wore at the funeral. She was still laying on the floor in denial of what happened. She sighed and began to get up, removed her outfit and headband, and walked to the kitchen to give food to Tank, who's been wanting food for the past hours.

"It's all my fault Tank..." Rainbow whispered. "It's all m-my fault..." she tried to hold back her tears.

"If only... I was close enough... none of this would've happened."

Tank saw how sad his owner was, and began to slowly walk over to Rainbow to nuzzle her hoof.

"Why couldn't it been me? Why couldn't it been me to get hit by the explosion..."

For the past week, there had been an explosion somewhere in the weather factory. Somepony accidentally jagged the system. Then, back at the Academy, the factory was seen acting very strange. The Wonderbolts stopped their practice to check out what was going on. Rainbow remembered her parents' were visiting the weather factory, and soon bursted into the air flying at such a rapid speed. Shouts from her captain and team were made; she ignored them. Right now, her parents mattered. 'I can do this! I need to save them! I can make it!' she thought to herself. She flew fast than she ever could before. There was a huge hole on one of the walls of the factory. She saw what it seems to be her parents'. They saw her and yelled her name.

"Don't worry mom, dad! I'm coming!" She yelled back.

Then, when she was a few feet away from the factory, something terrible had happened. Something that'll change her life forever. Her parents died in the explosion as well the other pegasi in there.

Rainbow cried as she remembered that memory. That awful memory. Her parents are gone forever.
She soon walked over to her bathroom to clean herself. 'Maybe I'm not as awesome as I thought' she thought to herself as she looked at herself at the mirror. 'It's all my fault that they're... dead'.

Then a yell was heard from outside. Somepony was calling from below. She quickly rinsed herself and walked over to the door to see who's bothering her.

"Dash! Dash! Rainbow Dash! Are ya up there or somethin'?!" Applejack yelled. "Maybe she ain't home," she sighed and was about to turn back and head to the barn when she heard a door open from above.

"Dash...?"