Chapter 4

Isaiah was late heading to lesson, he saw that the boys that had knocked him over were there. They smiled and nudged each other, laughing as Isaiah struggled to make his way to his chair. One boy tripped Isaiah up. He plummeted into the chair, falling over the toppled seat.
"Had a nice trip hey retard?!" They laughed. The teacher turned round.
"Oi, what's all this about?" He asked. He turned to look at Isaiah. Isaiah was trying to pick up the chair that had fallen over. But he couldn't.
"Come on lad, take your time," the teacher mocked. Isaiah looked at him.
"I can't," he said trying to grab hold of the seat.
The class howled with laughter. One girl wasn't laughing she went over and picked the chair up for him.
"Don't listen to them," she said. Isaiah sat back down. The classed just looked at him.
"Right we'll get on with some work then," the teacher said.

Next Isaiah had physical education. He walked over to the teacher.
"Yes ?" The teacher asked
"Umm... I don't think I can do PE today..." Isaiah replied
"Are you in pain?"
"No but...I" Isaiah hesitated.
"You can move, yes ?" The teacher patronised.
"yes but... I can't umm..."
"Well then go and get changed," he said.
Isaiah went into the changing rooms. He leant against the wall as he put his crutches down on the floor. It was difficult for him to undo his buttons on his shirt. Everyone was already in their PE kit. Isaiah was still trying to undo his shirt. Finally he was ready. He picked up his crutches and hobbled to the hall. It was dodgeball. Isaiah knew that if a ball were to hit him he would fall due to his "stupid" legs. He didn't want to fall in front of everyone. He went and stood in the corner and the game began. Mr Hames was shouting.
"Come on Isaiah! Pick up a ball, " he said. Isaiah didn't want to but he could see Mr Hames getting cross. He picked up a ball in one hand and held it against his chest. His other hand held tight to his crutch. He threw the ball it landed on the floor in front of him. He could see that some people were laughing. He grabbed hold of both his crutches and walked out. Isaiah was so upset, why didn't anyone see that it wasn't his fault. He sat down on the floor with his hands on his head. He cried rubbing his hands through his hair. Everyone came into the changing rooms, Isaiah got up. He decided to get changed along with the rest of the boys. He put his trousers on and then his shirt. The buttons were harder to do than undo. Everyone has already started on their way to next lesson but Isaiah was still in the changing rooms trying to button up his shirt. One, two, three buttons slowly took their time to fit through the holes. Isaiah looked at his watch; five minutes had passed. Isaiah sat down on the floor and sighed . He continued trying to button them up. Finally he was completely dressed. Isaiah made his way to his lesson. He arrived 15 minutes into the lesson. He had science.
"Alright, Isaiah?" Mrs James said
"Yeah," Isaiah replied sitting down.
The end of the lesson came soon.
"Ok everyone you may go," she said opening the door.
Isaiah put everything in his bag and stumbled his way to the door.