End Of The Year

The next day felt like it dragged on forever. The closer it got to dismissal the more nervous you got. Hero Training today was just working on special moves. Aizawa made you take it easy and just work back up to where you were. Making bubbles, armor, gliding around. You change back to your uniform when class was dismissed. You brush your hair out and meet Aizawa outside the locker room. You walked together as you saw Hawks was leaning against a wall like a cool kid. You run and hug him.

"Hey kid!" He chuckled. "You look good. Already back to normal." He had a big smile, almost looking proud making you blush.

"Yeah, although my quirk felt stronger today in training." You heard a lot of people muttering behind a closed door that led to the conference room.

"Hey" Hawks put a hand on our shoulder. "It'll be okay. Like I said we'll do all the talking. No need to be nervous. Besides, you got me now." He smiled again making your nerves calm down. You nod and give him a smile back.

"Let's get this over with." Aizawa sighed as he opened the door. Lights began to flash as people took pictures. You all sat in seats behind a table with cups of water at each mic. They were just all asking why they called a conference with me there.

"Please settle down. Save the questions for later. UA called this press meeting to share some wonderful news about our very talented hero in training (F/n) (L/n)."

"Hero? But her father is a villain!" Someone shouted.

"That means nothing for who she is and can be. After Hakai first attacked us she made it very clear to us and the police that he wasn't a father to her. But just a villain, torturing a poor child. She has worked harder than any of my other students to be where she is now. I'm proud to announce that she was accepted into class 2-A after passing many exams, and she is now the daughter of the number 2 hero, Hawks." The crowd gasped as you and Hawks smiled. Questions began pouring in as the TV cameras moved to you two.

"Was this purely for media sake Hawks? No one pegged you as the family type."

"No not at all. It actually happened after she worked at my agency for a while. I developed a soft spot for her. When I found out she had no family it broke my heart. She was so happy and sweet, saving so many people in the short time she worked with me I found it hard to believe someone as evil and heartless as Hakai could harm and abandon a girl like (F/n). So after she went back to school I asked if I could adopt her, she said yes." He smiled at you making you truly smile back. "I'm proud to be able to call her my kid. And I can't wait to see her become the number 1 pro hero."

"Why jump her a grade! Isn't that unfair to the second year students?"

"Some parents felt uncomfortable with her in a class with their kids. So we gave (L/n) the option to jump to her second year if she passed every exam the second years took so far, her first year finals, got her provisional license and did an excellent job working at a hero agency. My second year students and their parents had no problem welcoming such a smart and talented young student." Aizawa looked annoyed. More cameras flashed as people took pictures of you making you uncomfortable.

"What about you (L/n)? Won't your real father be furious?"

You lean into the mic slightly. "I don't care what he thinks. He was never a father to me. I was never his child. I was just a tool to him. I am my own person now. I deserve better." You sit up confidently as more questions were asked.

"So tell us. What's Hawks like as a father?"

"I'd like to say that he's a normal father although I'm basing that off tv and movie dad's. He's very kind and caring. Always pushing me to be my best." Cameras zoomed in more on you and continued asking questions edging closer. Your anxiety began to kick in a little bit.