Chapter One

Rainbow Dash sighed as she unlocked her door to her house and went inside. Her eyes were puffy; it look liked she was crying for hours. She was wearing a simple black dress with black shoes and a black headband that had lace and a rose attached to it. She just came back from a funeral held in Cloudsdale. Her parents' funeral. She sighed again as she places a photo album on her kitchen table. She then prepared some tea to help her feel better. But it didn't work.

"It's all my fault," she told herself. "IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" She then yelled.

She started crying, cursing herself about everything that happened. She threw her cup of tea at the wall. She fell down to the floor and buried herself with tears.

After thirty minutes of crying, she heard a knock at the door. She sighed and got up to see who was bothering her at such a bad time. She then opened the door to see a delivery pony at her doorstep bringing boxes from Cloudsdale.

"Hello, delivery for Rainbow Dash. Hey, Rainbow Dash. We have boxes of your parents' belongings. You said you want to keep some of them," the delivery pony spoke, holding a clipboard on his left wing.

"Oh... um... just leave them here..." Dash replied sadly.

"Oh, yes indeed. Alright ponies, bring them in," he replied back.

The other delivery ponies few in holding boxes, and placing them in near the door. There was a pregnant silence as the rest of the crew brought boxes of things inside. As the last box made its way inside Dash's clouduminium, the delivery pony soon spoke.

"Alright, Rainbow Dash. That seems to be the last one. Although, I'm awful sorry for what happened," he said sympathetically.

"It's alright. I wish they could've lived longer," Dash's voice nearly broke at the last few words.

"Bye, Rainbow Dash, I hope you have a good day!" said the delivery pony waving at Dash. Dash waved back without saying a word.

Rainbow closed her door and walked over to the pile of boxes. She grabbed one and opened it. There, her childhood memories placed inside. She began to look through the things inside the box.

It been hours since Rainbow started to look through her parents' things. She got up and gathered her parents' belongings, and went upstairs. She opened a door to her trophy room, or her Wonderbolt collection. She started to clean up the room, clearing all her trophies and Wonderbolt memorabilia to make room for her parents' stuff. She got every single thing and placed them until all the space from the shelves left no empty space. She smiled a little, then it quickly faded. She looked over to her trophies and Wonderbolt memorabilia and thought where she should place them. 'I can place them in my room... but I already have enough things in my room...' she thought to herself. She looked at the boxes beside her that used to have her parents' belongings, and thought about something. 'You know what? I can put them in here, they're pretty much unless anyway' she thought.

She began placing her trophies and Wonderbolt memorabilia into her boxes, and placing them in her storage room. She sighed and walked over to her kitchen where she left her photo album. She opened it remembering her parents'.

"Oh, mom, dad. I... I missed y-you so m-much..." she said as tears start to fall from her eyes. "W-why did y-you have to g-go?" She sniffed. Then she broke down sobbing hugging the photo album.

Tank, her pet tortoise, went inside 'cause he was hungry, and wanted his owner to bring some food for him. He suddenly heard a faint noise and decided to see if it's his owner. He lightly nudge the door with his front leg. Behind the door revealed his owner crying. He frowned and slowly walked over to Rainbow to see what was going on. Rainbow looked up and began to speak.

"Oh, Tank. W-what am I g-gonna do? They're... they're g-gone... I-" her voiced broke through all the sobbing she did.

"They were a-all I h-had left, and n-now... I... I only... h-have you..." she said very quietly.

Tank walked over to comfort her. He gave her a 'What about your friends?' look. She looked at him, and she understood what that look meant. Then she wiped her tears and nose with her hoof, and spoke.

"Yes, I g-guess you're right... I do have m-my friends... and also Scootaloo... but... my parents'... they were... the ones' who made me who I truly am. I loved them so, so much. Without my parents there for me, w-who am I? I-I can't even think of the word... awesome anymore..." she said to Tank sadly.

Tank went up and nuzzled her and gave her a ' its gonna be okay, Dashie, it's gonna be okay...' Rainbow Dash began crying hugging her photo album with her and Tank well. Hours later, she cried herself to sleep.