6- His Father's Fault

"What do YOU want?" Harry asked, tired from Draco's sudden change in behaviour. "I think we started off on the wrong foot and maybe that's why we don't get along... So, hello, I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy!" Draco exclaimed. 

Harry's jaw fell. Was he serious? I mean Harry was tired of this fighting but he always enjoyed their banter and their sometimes physical fights. Another thing that boggled Harry's mind was that his introduction was the same as all those years ago. It reminded him of the old Draco and he started to wonder how life would have been if Ron hadn't butt into the conversation. 

He sighed, maybe its better if they both just get along, he should be the adult since Draco's mind is only 11 years old. Harry sighed once more, noticing the slowly dropping smile that Draco was holding. He reached his hand out to shake Draco's. "Harry Potter. Are your introductions always so stiff?" He asked, curiosity getting the better of him. 

"Father made me practice it a million times until I did it properly." He smiled and Harry was taken aback. He thought that Draco was just a pampered prick? Maybe through this Harry can learn some of Draco's secrets. He smirked. Draco had no idea what was going through his head. 

"So, Draco, since we're friends. Tell me a little about yourself" He questioned the boy. Draco smiled, assuming that Harry actually wanted to be friends with him. "I am an only child but I grew up with my friends Pansy and Blaze since they would always come over with their families. Father said it would help the family business but I really don't know how being friends with those two would help me... Oh! And there's Crabbe and Goyle who also come over, but they wouldn't really talk to me, they usually just follow me around... Father said that I should stay with them while I'm at Hogwarts..." He rambled on while Harry listened closely, realising that most of his life was based around his father.

Harry sighed, a sudden wave of tiredness washing over him. As much as he wanted to listen to Draco's voice (for blackmail), he drifted off slowly. Draco got cut off by Harry pulling him closer to him in his sleep. He froze, face bright pink and whispered slowly into Harry's ear. 

"Sweet dreams, Harry"

-------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter was really short, I've been sort of busy and lost the plot a bit. I promise I'll try to upload more often so please be patient with me :) Thanks for reading