xxi.

Cassiopeia stretches her arms out as her eyes flutter open

Cassiopeia stretches her arms out as her eyes flutter open. She lets out a sigh, before looking over her shoulder and smiling happily with a blush. The memories of last night, still fresh in her mind. They had spend hours just kissing and talking, until they fell asleep. Her heart flutters as she shifts to turn around so that she can face him, making his arm around her waist hold on her tightly and pull her close. His eyes open slowly and he smiles.

"Good morning, sunshine." He hums softly, making her blush.

"Good morning." She says shyly and he chuckles as he leans to peck her lip.

"I could get used to waking up every morning like this." He says and she blushes even more, shaking her head at him.

"I'm not sure how Dumbledore would feel about that." She giggles, making him groan.

"I'll sneak into your room." He suggest and she snorts, playfully hitting him.

"How romantic. I'm sure Filtwick would appreciate a Gryffindor sneaking into the Ravenclaw Tower." She points out and he shrugs.

"What he doesn't know won't kill him." He muses and she snickers as she pecks his lip, again. "Happy Birthday, darling."

"Thank you." She beams happily, making him smile warmly. "Can we go get food. I'm hungry."

"Why of course, my darling." He chuckles and pecks her lip one more time. "Three Broomsticks or Madame Puddifoot?"

"Broomsticks." She hums as they get out of bed.  He walks up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and she wraps her arms around his neck.

"Good choice. Go get changed and meet me downstairs." He hums, pecking her lip one last time, before letting her go. His eyes roam down to her legs and he smirks. "Cute pyjamas."

"You can thank Marlene, she got them for me." She says shyly as she makes her way out and he chuckles.

"Noted." He says as she rolls her eyes and closes the door behind him, before going back to her room. She closes the door and notices the clock on the nightstand to see that it was already noon.

She walks up to her bags and takes out a skirt, long socks, and turtleneck sweater. She quickly rushes to the bathroom to brush her teeth, before taking off the nightdress, she slips into a fresh set of undergarments, then slipping on the clothes she picked out. She tugs in the sweater in the skirt, before slipping on her shoes and pulling on her grey winter coat, wrapping her house scarf around her and finally putting gloves on. Once she's certain to be ready, she makes her way downstairs to see him waiting for her at the door, holding a box in his hand, and he smiles at her.

"Beautiful as always." He hums, making her blush as he takes her hand with his free hand and they walk out of the small cottage into the cold. "Is it too late to turn back and just stay all day in bed?"