xvi.

"How are we doing this then?" Lily asks as she turns around to face her friends

"How are we doing this then?" Lily asks as she turns around to face her friends. They were all standing in the middle of the path in Hogsmeade, planning on spending the day here.

"Well, you and I have a date." James grins excitedly as he walks up to her and wraps an arm around her shoulders.

"Oh! Come on. Can't we all do something together instead." Mary whines, making Lily give her a look.

"Right, like I totally didn't see you set up a date with Fabian." Lily says teasingly and Mary blushes with a huff. "If we're holding you up, go."

"Since you insist." Mary shrugs, before she leaves making Cassiopeia gape, slightly amused.

"So, seven years of friendship means what now?" Cassiopeia asks teasingly and Sirius chuckles as he looks down at her with a weak smile. He wraps an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer, making her lean against him.

"You're one to talk, Cassie." Marlene says teasingly and Cassiopeia blushes as Sirius snickers in amusement. "Anyway, Dor and I also have a date. So see you later."

"So everyone here is in a relationship except for Peter and I?" Remus asks in disbelief, while Sirius playfully glares at him.

"You forgot Cassie and I." Sirius reminds him and Remus snickers, shaking his head.

"No. No. I didn't." Remus smirks as the two glare at him. "I'm kidding. You two need to make out and relax."

"Oh, you're real funny." Sirius let's go of Cassiopeia and runs after him. James snorts in amusement, shaking his head disapprovingly at his friends.

"Anyway. Have fun with those three." Lily giggles as she and James leave her with Peter, who smiles awkwardly. She takes a deep breath, not sure what to say as she watches Remus and Sirius running around.

"Should we stop Sirius from murdering Remus or..." Peter trails and Cassiopeia frowns slightly in thought, before noticing Three Broomsticks in the corner of her eyes.

"Nah. I hope you like butterbetter." She hums as she nods towards Three Broomsticks and he smiles, nodding. Both of them make their way into Three Broomstick, it already buzzing with a few other students. "Do you think they'll even realise we're gone?"

"Maybe in an hour when they finish chasing each other." Peter hums and she giggles as they sit down at a table.

"Honestly, I would not be surprised if they end up together." Cassiopeia says teasingly and Peter shakes his head with an amused smile.

"I think you and Sirius will end up together first. And then he'll marry Remus, because you end up marrying the Minister of Magic." Peter muses and she gives him a look.

"Wow. I didn't know you were into divination, Peter. Tell me more." She asks jokingly and he chuckles softly.

"All jokes aside, I'm surprised he hasn't asked you to the Winter Ball." He says honestly and she raises an eyebrow.

"No way he'll ask me. You see that girl over there?" She asks, nodding in the direction of a dark haired Gryffindor girl, seated at a table with her friends. Peter glances quickly over his shoulder for a second, before looking back at her questioningly. "I heard her saying she'd want Sirius to be her date in Charms Class. He's more likely to ask her than me."

"No way. Here is something he might never admit out loud, again. He mentioned it after his birthday party when we were in our room, so he was a little out of it. But he said and I quote, I don't care that people know that I'm cool and badass, but I want a girl like Cassie and not one of those shallow girls. And that's a direct quote from Sirius Black." Peter says firmly and Cassiopeia blushes as she looks down. Her heart swells a little, feeling overjoyed that even in his drunken state, Sirius Black thought of her. "Anyway I guarantee, that by the end of next week, you'll have a date to the Winter Ball."

"And who will be the date?" Sirius asks as he takes the chair between them, Remus sitting across him. Sirius raises an eyebrow as his jaw clenches.

"I don't know, Cassie. Who would you want to go with?" Peter asks, clearly noticing Sirius' eyes darkening in jealousy. Cassiopeia looks at Peter questioningly.

"I don't know. Uh, I just... I'd like to go with someone. But Peter is wrong, I probably won't have a date." Cassiopeia says pointedly and Peter rolls his eyes at her with a smirk. Sirius softens slight, giving her a look of disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? Any guy would be lucky to have you as their date to the Winter Ball." Sirius hums and Remus gives him a knowing look.

"Oh, you would know all about it." Remus snickers, making Sirius glare at him and Cassiopeia give him a confused look.

"How much you want to bet that you'll be asked by the end of this weekend even?" Peter asks Cassiopeia, who playfully glares at him.

"I'm in. 5 Galleons. By the end of next week." Remus hums, making the two shake hands on it as Cassiopeia groans and buries her face in her hands.

"I hate you guys." Cassiopeia mumbles.