"...No." 

"I wouldn't punch you either," Sapnap said. "I'd kiss you George. George kiss me." 

George felt his face heating up. Dream wouldn't hurt me. Was he overthinking it? 

Overthinking or not, it made George feel funny inside. A nice kind of funny. 

"Well he didn't say he wouldn't kiss me," Sapnap said. 

"I'll kiss you Sapnap," Dream said distractedly, turning right. 

"Gross. I bet you have soggy lips." 

"We're here," Dream ignored Sapnap. "Nick grab the bags." 

"Nick?" Sapnap gasped. "Who's he? Sounds hot." 

"Nimrod." 

George hefted their bag out of the trunk. It hit the ground. George struggled to lift it. What's in here? 

He smelled vanilla and pine trees, and saw Dream grabbing the bag from behind him. George turned. How had he never noticed how good he smelled?

"I had that," George said, face heating up a little.

"Sure sure." 

George rolled his eyes and pushed past him. 

----------------

Dream pulled his shirt off, already wearing his swimming trunks. "Where's the sunscreen?" 

"In the bag somewhere," George said, not looking anywhere near Dream. 

He fished around in the bag. "It's not in here." 

"I thought you said you packed it?" George whipped his head around. Then he saw Dream didn't have a shirt, and instantly looked away again. Dream bit back a grin. 

"We don't need sunscreen!" Sapnap bellowed, throwing himself at Dream and tackling him. Dream wheezed and pushed Sapnap off him with ease. He noticed with satisfaction that George was watching. Dream purposely flexed his muscles as he stood and lifted Sapnap up into the air. Sapnap shrieked. 

"Jeez you're heavy." 

"Then put me down." 

"Sure thing." Dream marched right into the water and tossed him right in. Sapnap's yelp was cut off by the splash. Dream stood for a moment, revelling in his victory, and then suddenly arms around his waist. George lifted him right off his feet, and spun Dream into the water. 

The water crashed over his head. Dream's cheeks puffed out with air. For a moment he panicked, and then he felt the sand below him again and he jumped up into the air, breathing like he thought he'd never breathe again. He whipped his hair back, trying to mimic the scene from Little Mermaid

George crossed his arms over his soaked shirt, grinning. "See? I totally could've taken the bag." 

"Yeah but you didn't!" Dream shouted, then jumped at George, tackling him around the waist. George's surprised head went under water. Dream planted both hands in the sand and kept his shoulders and up above the surface. He felt George push at his chest and rolled off him, only to have Sapnap throw himself at both of them and miss miserably. Dream shielded his eyes from the splash. They had migrated deeper into the ocean, the waterline at Dream's shoulders and almost at George's neck. 

A moment later Sapnap resurfaced excitedly. "Guys I found a crab!" 

"Really?" George said. 

"Right there!" 

"Where?" 

"I'm pointing at it nimrod." 

"Your arm is -" Dream was cut off by George diving underwater in search of the crab. Dream swam down after him. 

The water was muddy. He felt around for the crab, so he could pull it out of the water and let George see. He squinted against the murky salt water, then felt something against his fingertips. Excited, Dream grabbed it, but felt fingers instead. He grabbed it, confused, then he realized the water had become less murky and he could see. 

He followed the hand, up the arm, and into George's eyes. George's dark brown eyes. He had really long eyelashes, how had Dream not noticed this before? Dream reached out, his arm moving slowly through the water, and held the side of George's face with his hand. His head was empty, the only thought he had was how much he wanted to hold George. 

He felt George's hands on his face, and a gentle pull. Dream saw George get closer and closer, until Dream closed his eyes, and then he felt George, George's lips down by his.

Dream smiled, that soft smile of finally

He took a deep breath -

And then started choking. Dream kicked the sand and pushed up past the surface, simultaneously attempting to cough up water and breathe in. 

"Dream!" 

Dream coughed three more times, then gulped in air. He took two deep breaths and then looked at his friends. They both looked like they expected him to die. 

He started cracking up, wheezing like a tea kettle.

Sapnap sighed with relief. George slapped the water. "That's not funny!" he cried. "I thought you were drowning!" 

That only made Dream laugh more, nearly doubled over. He staggered a bit to the side, weak but still wheezing. All three of them waded to the shore. The sun was setting by the time they sat down on their blanket, Dream in the middle, Sapnap on his left, George on his right. He propped himself up on his elbows, watching the sun slowly dive into the ocean, colouring the water like a sunset. It wasn't long before Dream heard Sapnap start to snore. 

Dream looked over at George. And for the first time, George looked at him too, and smiled. 

He reached over and held George's hand again. George's fingers wrapped gently around his. Dream turned back to the sunset. George laid his head on Dream's shoulder. His breathing slowed. Dream watched the last sliver of sun go below the horizon, and then he laid on his back and stared straight up at the stars, George asleep on his arm, Sapnap curled up on his right.

-----

not me making sapnap the funniest character cus he's my comfort streamer, no i'd never do that