Jaylynn: Radiation

Start from the beginning

"Is anyone there." I called out, shaking in my frozen spot. A snarling noice made it's way towards me, and I backed up, sprinting across the floor. A scream escaped my throat as a creature launched itself onto my back, taking me down. I hissed, trying to get off my back, but the creature didn't move, the mutant didn't move. It dug it's sharp claws into my back, and I growled in pain.

I hissed, and tried to pry my hand out my under me. I took a deep breath, and tugged my hand out. This was my chance, I threw my arm toward the creature, releasing the trigger on my handgun. The mutant shrieked as it collapsed onto the ground, dead in an instant. I sighed, and pulled myself onto my feet, regaining my normal breathing. There's bound to be more though. I looked around the room, and found myself bolting toward where I could faintly see light. The light loomed closer as I ran towards it, and found stairs ahead. A smile appeared on my lips, as I darted up the stairs, and out of the food building. When I exited the building, my mouth dropped open in horror. Mutants were all over the camp, attacking everything in their sight. Buildings were getting smashed, and destroyed, as mutants plowed right through them. My gaze swept over the camp, in an attempt to find anyone. Then I remembered Apprentice, who I had left in the cabin, and I sprinted as fast as I could toward my house. A mutant ran on his stumbling legs towards me, and I quickly aimed my gun, shooting it right in the head. I continued on, and then found my cabin, which had all the windows smashed.

"Apprentice!" I screamed, and threw open the door. My dog was nowhere to be found.

"Oh no." I gasped, and searched through the clothes and equipment that had been thrown on the floor. A quiet bark made me spin around on my feet, and I looked to see Apprentice, hiding under my bed. I laughed in joy, and jogged towards my dog, helping him out from under the bed. He barked, and licked my gas mask, and I smiled

"Bad dog. You took your gas mask off!" I giggled, and retrieved it from my bedside table, placing it over his face. Apprentice grunted, and tried to take the mask off with his paw.

"No." I shook my head, and got to my feet, running my hand over his collar. My dog had a meter on his collar that told me how high the radiation was, and my jaw dropped. Eighty percent, that was the highest it's ever been in this area.

"Come on boy." I searched the cabin for my backpack, and smiled when I found it, slipping it over my shoulders.

"Let's go find the others." I told my dog, and left the cabin, with Apprentice trotting beside me. "Melody!" I almost screamed in joy when I spotted my friend fighting off mutants with her arm. But where was Lev? I glanced around, and then let out a sigh in relief when I saw him fighting not to far away. A mutant advanced to claw Melody's normal arm, but I shot it down before it could. "There you are!" Melody exclaimed as she kept fighting.

"We were getting worried." I giggled, and shot another mutant. Melody killed the last mutant, and we ran to Lev, to find he had defeated the mutants fighting him too.

"What's the plan?" I asked them,

"Kayleigh and Kylen left, and went to go find their teammates. Everyone else has left too, as far as I know." Melody explained,

"We should head too. The radiation is really high here, eighty percent.". Lev and Melody exchanged glances with me and then each-other.

"We're getting out of here." Lev breathed,

"Fortunately, we both have our backpacks." Melody chuckled, and I smirked.

"I guess we'll have to find another base then." I said, and sighed.

"Oh well." Melody shrugged,

"Then let's find Dash and Luke first."

"Okay.".

The three of us travelled through the empty streets, trying to find any sign of Luke and Dash. A flash of blue hair made me grin, and I ran towards it.

"Dash!" I called out,

"Oh hey! You guys on a mission?" Dash asked, and I told him the story. Dash gasped,

"Really. That's bad." He put his hands on his gas mask,

"Don't worry about it." I brushed it off. A black haired person came up beside Dash, and I growled, and walked towards him.

"It's time you stop taking off mister. I'm getting sick and tired of it." I hissed at him, and punched him in the arm. Dash, Lev and Melody starting chuckling behind me, as Luke groaned, and rubbed his arm.

"Don't do it again." I smirked, but Luke didn't respond.

"Got it?"

"Yes." Luke muttered.

"Okay, so where are we headed?" I asked my team,

"To the edge of the city. I've heard the radiation is low around that area. There's plenty of hotels and stores, so we'll be able to find shelter." Melody explained to us.

"Then let's go." Lev said, and the five of us headed out.